2009 TE610's finally arriving!

Discussion in '610/630' started by Bobby, Apr 28, 2009.

1. johnnywad Husqvarna
    B Class

Husky's brochure.....

I'm sorry but the brochure I have is a US Brochure.....I was given it by the Husky Dealer in Prescott, Arizona three weeks ago. Like I said in the post above the brochure states in plain English.......

"NEW for 2009"
    50mm Marzocchi forks
    Black anodized Excel Rims
    (among other listed changes)

Now maybe your right, maybe there were no plans to change the 09 TE610, but if that were the case why did they highlight in their brochure changes? The problem is not with me nor you. The problem seems to be that Husky can't seem to get there act together. If I'm not mistaken they made false claims on the 08 as well in regards to adjustable front shocks. A mistake once, excusable but twice making false claims about their new product, inexcusable I'm sorry.:censored:

As for the German Bike.....I saw a photo posted by a German fellow merely being proud of his new 2009 TE610 and posted an image of it. I, having some interest in the 09 having deposited money with a dealer for a new 09, looked carefully at the image and saw BLACK WHEELS on it.
  2. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    It's unfortunate that brochure is inaccurate. Text states one spec, but....... the picture shows the correct 45mm forks and silver wheels and there is a large disclaimer on contents of the brochure on inside cover (Which has TE610 specs, listing 45mm fork). If I was getting one, I would have inquired more closely from the dealer, as the words and pics didn't agreee

I got the benefit of inaccuracy in spec..... The '09 WR125's were stated to have 50mm TE/WR open cartridge forks, but the bikes arrived with upgraded 50mm TC/TXC/CR closed cartridge forks to everyone's suprise. Good deal for me.

If you are unhappy, cancel your order.
  3. johnnywad Husqvarna
    B Class

I'm not uphappy about the bike. I can hardly wait to get it in fact and I'm certainly not buying it for the purported black wheels. In fact I wish I still had my '78 Husky 250. I just don't understand why/how they can continue to make false claims about their products, which misleads customers and at the same time have some guy telling me "Well there were no plans in the first place for any changes in the 09" Like wow man you didn't know that. And another guy says "Gee the brochure pictures it with steel colored wheels not black" Obviously he didn't read the words less than one inch away from the pictured wheels he's describing............:excuseme:
  4. Iceveign Husqvarna
    B Class

I was strongly considering getting the 610, I really like it. But I was anticipating adjustable forks, especially with the price increase. I too have the brochure that I got from my dealer here in Dallas,Texas and when I asked the dealer about any changes he just handed me the brochure,lol, dealers are useless when it comes actually knowing for sure what changes are going to be and when the new models will actually arrive. Pretty much when the bikes show up that's when they can answer the questions we have.

I also own an Aprilia Tuono, great bike, but the Italian companies way of doing business IMO leaves alot to be desired, a great dealer can really make all the difference in the world. I think I'm gonna have to pass on Husky till I get a better feeling about how their company is going to be run now that BMW owns it. It's a shame cause the TE610 is an awesome bike, but too expensive for me at this time.
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold

I cannot to begin to fathom all the changes that are happening with the ownership change. I live in hope that many things will be corrected in the next model year. Husqvarna had a rhythm going and that rhythm has now changed.
  6. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

They need to hire a new translation team... IMO that is where all these issues stem from in the manuals and advertising.
  7. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
  8. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    It was an easy mistake to make for people new to Husqvarna - every year we get a press kit, detailing the changes to each model line up. The 09 kit for off road competition (MX & Enduro) lists certain changes as being applicable to 'all TE models' however what that actually means is changes for the twin cam bikes (250/310/450 & 510).

The technical changes for the SM610/TE610 are included in the street model updates. Historically this is how the information has always been issued but if you weren't used to this it would be very easy to assume because of the TE model designation that the 610 was included with the rest of the TE range.

Human error, not a deliberate attempt to mislead...

Dave
  9. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Any ECU changes in these 610's or do you know yet.?
  10. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    From the info we have the 09 SM/TE610 are exactly the same as the 08 model. Haven't actually plugged Ibeat in to check software versions but there is no reason for it to change.

Dave
  11. BikeSDP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None @ moment
    Other Motorcycles:
    990 Adv, Multistrada 1200, 500 EXC
    I've been reading about this with some anticipation. I made a decision last year to buy a demo model with 175 miles on the clock since I was pretty sure I was going to have a hard time getting a new one here in Colorado. This was at a time when Husky couldn't sell any new inventory in my state (something to do with state paperwork after ownership change from Cagiva to BMW). I guess if I would have passed on that demo bike, I'd still be without one now and of course be waiting for an '09 with the same specs.

I can understand people who waited for the '09 are disappointed, but I have to ask: Hey BMWHuskyAtlanta, can we see some unboxing pics, even if the '09 is just like the '08? Hopefully, I looked over the whole thread closely....
  12. johnnywad Husqvarna
    B Class

New 09 TE610

I'll post pictures of mine as soon as I get it home.....which now appears to be on Monday. :rant:
  13. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

I will spare you all yet another sniveling whining Mike Kay bitch and moan session. :thumbsup:
  14. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    Now, now, Mike,
    Please, we all know what you bring to the table. :D
    Let go, please expand on that. :busted:
    Oh,
    and don't read my signature first though. :lol:
  15. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Its good to see the '09 bikes arrived.

Any ideas when the '10 bikes get in? The first boat loads should be arriving to the US east coast in a 10-12 weeks.

Assuming of course BMW/Husky want to increase sales in the US market.

That would put them in California dealers floors Sept 15 or so. Just like in '06.

Thats about the time KTM and the Jbikes start to arrive.

Its all good.
  16. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280

Wow, now you're being the optimistic one. The time line sounds great to me, but reassurance from the mothership on that is anything but existant :banghead:
  17. Sideways71 Husqvarna
    B Class

08 demo te 610

At the time (6 weeks ago) I bought my 08 TE610 from me local dealer, there was another one available at Bend EuroMoto up in bend oregon if anyone is looking.

I'm thinking the low numbers of 09 bikes will help create a high resale value for used TE610.. not that it matters as I don't plan to sell my any time soon.

-j

[IMG]
  18. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

I dont kiss and tell. But yeah, things are suddenly looking FANTASTIC!

Have fun in Vegas. :thumbsup:
  19. johnnywad Husqvarna
    B Class

2009 te610

Well it finally arrived at MotoXotica today at 2:00pm. Dan uncrated it, did his dealer thing with it, installed an Uptite skidplate on it during his prep for me and I trailered it out of there around 6:00pm. Stopped at my buddies house on the way home to get a quick ride in. Didn't want to wait till I got all the way home to ride it. My buddy wanted to see it anyway. Early thoughts......Love it. Did have a little trouble with the trany, half way through our ride I couldn't get it to down shift below 4th gear a few times, but that appears to have resolved it self and is shifting fine now. Will see if it happens again before getting to overworked up about it. Got home about 10:30pm and stared at it in the garage for about an hour. It is exactly the same as the 08's as far as I can determine at this early stage. Will post some pictures tomorrow, and start thinking more about the mods I will make.:cheers::applause::cheers:
  20. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Woo-hoo! :applause: Congrats and have fun with it!

WoodsChick