2009 TE610's finally arriving!

Discussion in '610/630' started by Bobby, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
    Well, we weren't sure they were ever going to come if at all, but a very limited production (less then 100 nationally for North America) are on the boats heading this way and a few have already landed to be heading to dealers shortly.
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I'm not sure where this thread should go.

It is not really published news or a press release... If someone had a pdf or a link to something official somewhere else then, the Newsroom would be the place for it.

Main? 610?

Since it has to do with only 610s... and it is more of a delivery issue rather than a new bike design. I'll move it to the 610 form for the moment.

Newsroom -> 610.
  3. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Seems like both newsroom and 610.

the bigger question (s) to my mind is what is this all about?
  4. Coffee, Sister Mary Rapzurnucles musta smacked you HARD on the back of the head for painting outside the lines.
  5. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

took me a second, but i got it. thats funny!

he might go overboard a bit with the anal attentivness factor (not all the time, by any means), but we have all seen the rest of the moto chat world, with the in fighting, brand smacking, personal attacks, power tripping, clique clack crap.

Frankly i had just about given up helping out guys over on ADV and TT--i was the vicitim of some serious cyberbullying crap. Even a death threat. I figured, OK, the guys at the cool table just spit on me one time to many. Im done with internet moto chat.

Then Coffee started CH and its been clean and polite and respectfull from day one.

I'll gladly take a little regulation and the rule of law over no regulation and the rule of 'my friends are cool, you aint' i ran into 'over there' all too often.
  6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Not exactly? But thank you for your concern :thumbsup:

The thread was moved for a couple of reasons. I've been getting many messages with complaints of misfiled threads. So I took the opportunity to move a thread to demonstrate there are side effects to moving threads (why was the thread moved???).

In addition my moving this thread would have made much more sense if someone did not delete some posts that they had made.

So thank you for your post! It does indeed show people a downside to moving threads. :thumbsup:

Personally I think this thread was just fine in the Newsroom, or the 610, or even the Main. :cheers:
  7. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

you posted while i was deleting my rant about 'whats really up with the 610'?

I figured i was over ranting a bit, so i deleted, just when you where doing your post/moving.

timing is everything.

personally i love the delete button. :D
  8. North Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te610
    Other Motorcycles:
    530 ktm 1200GS
    So, had anyone seen an 09 610 yet?? Any pictures?

Or is it like the Yeti and Bigfoot. :D
  9. rajobigguy Administrator

This is great news on one front but with only 100 units coming it doesn't seem like they are very committed to a long and productive life for the 610.:cry:
  10. Amen, amen.

I was jus' funnin' with Coffee.

I'm changing my signature line to "Save a Husky forum, have a cup of Coffee."

Cyber-huggies for everyone, especially you, Deany-poo :D .
  11. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes

And sadly, it diminishes the thought of an expanding farkle pool, like BIG TANKS,for instance.

A place for everything and everything................... @Cafe Husky. Nuttin wrong wit dat!
  12. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Exactly. With some simple clear information we could all know how to go forward. Im thinking of racing a rally or two with the 610, but if its gonna be axed, im not so keen on spending big bucks to use that platform. If there is a new bike coming, great, if not, ok then too.

All this hush hush keep it secret stuff is silly. In the end it does more harm than good.

Why would a mag do a write up about a bike that might be finished?

Why would aftermarket guys do anything?

Im hoping there is little production because there are left over '08's, but really i dont think thats whats going on.

Wish i knew. Does anyone know? Does Husky even have a plan?

Are we supposed to not ask questions like this anymore? Kinda like in the CIA, all info on a need to know basis? :banghead:
  13. lwilli32 Husqvarna
    B Class

Im hoping they are just left over 08's too. I was planning on picking one up soon (when my 450 sells)... When anyone gets some info on this (bobby?) please let us know.
  14. CrankN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610
  15. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
  16. knary Husqvarna
    B Class

While there aren't many coming to the states, that may simply mean that we're not proving to be much of a market for the bike. While we like to ride off-road, this isn't a country known for embracing dual sports - certainly not as they are in Europe. Does anyone know how many were sold world wide last year?
  17. rajobigguy Administrator

I kinda dissagree with you're take on dual sporting in the US. It is a fast growing market, particularly in Ca. where more and more trails are being reclassified and require street registration. I have no idea how many 610's were sold last year but it is a bike that is finally being recognized for it's ability to handle just about any terain you want to throw at it then jump up on the frwy and ride home. It would be ashame to kill that particular niche when Husky has the arguably the best bike suited for that duty.
  18. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Yep, you're right.

I had a hell of a time finding a 610 early last year. I called every dealer in CA and 2 dealers in NV but there wasn't a 610 to be had. They all just laughed when I asked if they had any older model leftovers hanging around. I ended up getting an SM610 and it sees more dirt than pavement. My point is the dealers here in CA were selling every TE610 they were getting.

WoodsChick
  19. knary Husqvarna
    B Class

Some in the west had some trouble tracking down 610's, but was it because they were selling like hotcakes or because there just weren't ever that many of them? Fact is, you can still find some 2008 models sitting on dealership floors - and there aren't that many dealers.

If you look at what models sell, dual sports are, at best, a mixed bag here in the states. It's why we don't get the Tenere and so many other bikes that are sold overseas.
  20. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Since the US introduction of the TE610E in 2000, the TE610 DS has been a great seller for my dealer Bottone's. For some reason they wouldn't bring them in every year, no bikes '02, '04, '05 and very few in '03 (My year). Best all around, real world DS bike, hands down!