1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 165 pipe thread

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by wallybean, Mar 27, 2012.

1. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Called Eric......emailed Eric.......calledEric.........emailed Eric............Nothing , I would really like a guard so I dont dent up my new pipe. It is like another old saying "Shit in one hand , wish in the other . See what happens first. My hand stinks
  2. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Still no word about the pipe guards. Nat'l this weekend. I am going to be pissed if I damage my pipe.
  3. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Toffer88 my dad said that too but it ended with "and see which one gets full quicker" :D.
    HuskyTaylor likes this.
  4. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    I think that he will come through in the end, but if not I have offered my services to Walt to make the guards. I am not in the pipe guard business, but I do carbon fiber work as a race boat builder and I have made some nice ones for my TC250.
    I admittedly already have too much work to do but, but I could do it as a favor.
    Motosportz, john01 and wallybean like this.
  5. motocrossmr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 PW80, '12 KX 65
    Works for me too!
  6. slo rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 YZ250
    I'm curious, why is everyone so eager to get carbon fiber pipe guards? Granted they look cool, but all the ones I've seen on 2-stroke pipes have done nothing to prevent dents.
  7. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    The P3 guards are thicker and cover a lot of the pipe. I pretty sure they've prevented dents many times on the 2 strokes I've owned over the years.
  8. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    So, as an update, the Gnarly runs exactly like I remember... I did get to ride them back to back (165 with a gnarly, and 165 with a PC, both KTM 200 pipes). The 165 is less on bottom and mid for sure... A little more top... Suits the way i like to ride more than the gnarly pipe.

The gnarly pipe is a great pipe, don't get me wrong.... It REALLY makes the 165 shine... Something about the pipe and motor combo produces a monster bottom/mid (for a 165), but it just confirmed I'm really happy with my modded PC pipe.
  9. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Blake I am sure you mean the FMF Fatty for the 200 sx, right? The gnarly makes the bike un-rideable on the bottom.
  10. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Well I thought I'd share my WB165 with 200 Fatty ride report. First off the fitting of the pipe couldn't have been better :applause: . It bolted up right up on my 08 CR125/165 and I was ready for a test and tune at my house before heading to the MX track yesterday. I had to lean the MJ and move the clip up one position and things started to feel really good and I couldn't wait for the real MX test. Unloaded the bike yesterday, made a few warm up laps, and let it rip. In a word AWESOME :D! The power on the MX track was so easy to use it was like riding my 2010 TC 250 with a quicker, smoother more powerfull engine, with all the other good things Husky's bring to the table. No dips, no big hits, just great strong power from idle to the top just the way I wanted it. It's exactly the kind of power I have been looking for. Thanks to Walt, Kelly, Ajax, the welder guy, and FMF :cheers: . Now I'm gonna treat my WB165 with a suspension job and new grafix.
    motocrossmr likes this.
  11. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Check out my video posted in the racing section.The sound of a 165 on the pipe is awesome.Also in all those rocks and bolder sections I did not ding the pipe.Made the whole race and the pipe still looks ok.You will also notice that you do not have to clutch it to make the hills
    Also talked to FMF on Fri and the 18 more pipes should be done as ordered by May 5th
  12. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike

Yes, thank you for the correction..
  13. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Cool video Ajax! What silerncer are you running?
  14. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

FMF turbin core Can you beleive they make us run a spark arrestor in the desert
  15. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

LOL yes I can they are everywhere. I'm running the PC2 and thought your bike sounded a little different. Oh... what jetting are you running with your WB165 and don't say stock :D.
  16. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    I think Ajax could just use a main jet and slide only. He rides WFO throttle most of the time. The other carb parts are just adding weight. LOL!
  17. slo rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 YZ250
    My pipe arrived last week and bolted up even easier then the 125 pipe. I had to move my kickstarter counter-clockwise 1 notch so it would fold in all the way. Rode it this weekend and am narrowing down the jetting. Currently have a 40 pilot, suzuki needle in 2nd notch from top, and 480 main. Down low is good and crisp, but still getting a knock on the top end. Will try a 490 main next.

The 165 alone was good, but the 200sx pipe makes it that much better. I may have to install a seat bump just to stay in place when she hooks up now ;)

As clean as she'll get.
    [IMG]
    Motosportz and wallybean like this.
  18. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I am having to run a 182 main on my PWK and it is on the edge of being to lean. Managed to ride up to about 6400' yesterday and it was pinging a little on a couple of WFO nasty hill climbs. That pipe and the 165 likes a big main. Was about 55 degrees.
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Great stuff.

So on Blakes bike IMHO the PC KTM 200 pipe is noticeably more mellow off the bottom and in the mid and makes a little more over-rev. I had to talk Blake into the 165 and out of just the 144 but with his style and love for the 125 power fell the 165 and PC pipe is a very good choice. Feels like a 125 with more power. The 165 with FMF fatty had a good bit more bottom and mid and signs off slightly earlier. I much prefer the extra power and smooth seamless powerband. The cool thing is the 165 kit gets you the power you need and you can decide on what powerband you like via the pipe options. Great stuff. For me the 165 with FMF fatty 200SX pipe is the near perfect motor.
    john01 likes this.
  20. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yep it's the Fatty for this fatty and his WB165. I like it so much I just ordered the Rekluse EXP for it :applause:. Now 30 years ago... I might want the PC pipe who knows but it is nice to have options though. I wonder if my bike being the 08 CR helps things zing up a little quicker and that's why I like the Fatty pipe so much.