1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 165 pipe thread

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by wallybean, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

STILL WAITING..........Waiting..........Waiting.........waiting..................... Eric said he would contact me earlier this week. Still hasn't happened. I wanted a pipe guard before the Tn. Nat'l Enduro.
  2. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    I like the battle scar. It adds to the custom look. You get to tell others that you killed a KTM pipe to make something better.
  3. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Dwight,

I haven't gotten anything yet. When I talked to Eric, he said it was being done but he must have gotten swamped with something else. I know it is frustrating but I understand working in a small shop and being buried due to unforseen problems. You still don't want to bring in any help simply because you want to do everything yourself.
  4. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Eric is doing '12 Gas Gas parts right now as well.
  5. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Well he shouldn't have promised me TWICE that the parts would be ready and he would call me. Once on phone and once in a email.
  6. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Dwight,

I agree the communication has been mis-leading. I just hate to bag on something that I know I will love once it actually happens. Of course it is easy for me to be more patient as riding oportunities are still pretty limited in our area. I am pretty amazed I didn't ding up my pipe with all the log jumping and snowy log crossing flops I had yesterday.
  7. cedarchopper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR 165
    Good things, take time! Well at least a good thought on it!:)
    Blakelpd5 likes this.
  8. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    It does look good. (Walt's Modded Pro Circuit Pipe) I have REALLY REALLY been waiting to try this pipe.... I know how the Fatty works, although it has been a while since I've ridden that bike.

I bolted my 165 kit on yesterday, and got one heat cycle in last night. Did another two heat cycles today, then loaded her up, and took her to the mountains with my boy and his little 50.

This pipe is pretty much exactly what I was looking for, but I feel like I'm in a bit of a unique situation compared to some around here... We all have our own riding styles, and this one fits mine.

What I love about the 125:
    Running the bike WFO - reving to the moon out of a corner, then grabbing the next gear as aggresively as I possibly can. I love jumping 5-10 feet off little stumps, rocks, downed bikes, whatever....
    Not needing throttle control like my 450 requires in the tight stuff.
    Flickabillity

What I don't like about the 125. It's in-ability to pull my fat 220lb ass up a steep hill, unless I'm ON THE PIPE. I can get the 125 over pretty much any technical hill, but the fast 3rd gear wide open hills, the 125 struggles....
    How much I have to try to pull the front wheel off the ground, for a log or to try to improve my parkinglot wheelies...

After riding Kelly's 165 with the FMF Fatty, I honestly thought that it was too much on the bottom for my riding style. It was going to require me to change my riding style to much. I was amazed with the power from that setup, but was thinking a 144 was going to be my next purchase. After talking with Kelly again, he told me I was crazy to get the 144. He then reminded me I could get the 165, and "dumb it down" with a pipe to take away the gnarly hit. Walt recomended I try to source a Pro Circuit Pipe. A few months later, my kit shows up, and Kelly has the pipe on the shelf, waiting for the opportunity to try it out. I pick up my kit, and he offers to let me try it out, and of course, i agree.....

My findings with the pipe: Doesn't have a monster bottom hit like the fatty does, but still lugs and lugs, and lugs... In fact, I wish the bottom was just a tiny bit more with this pipe today. I do feel like right off the bottom, it is a bit fat, so leaning it out a smidge should make it perfect.. As my first ride, I wanted to be on the safe side.

I approached a loose gravely hillclimb about every way possible. I was amazed when i came up to the bottom crawling in first. About 5' before the hill, I'd hammer it, and it would just FLY, gaining all kinds of momentum while climbing a steep hill... The 125 would be searching for power had I approached it that way. Mid is smooth, and easily pulls the wheel off the ground. Top is still tons of fun. I don't know where these motors rev to, but If I had to guess, I would say this motor/pipe signs off about 1-1.5k earlier than my 125 of a stock pipe. This setup is still going to let my ride agressively, and have that extra umph to get me out of trouble when I need it. I will also be a better parkinglot wheelie-er:D.
    Motosportz likes this.
  9. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thanks for that pipe report. It sounds like an awesome set up for more open power line stuff and the like. I mostly ride MX and like to be able at my old age (53) to know I've got enough grunt after a turn to clear a double. Now 20-30 years ago when I could keep the 125's spinnning the PC pipe would have been the way for me to go. It sounds like the Fatty and this fatty may be a better fit. It's great to have choices. Thanks again for the report,
  10. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Absolutely, I'm honored to be able to try this pipe out, and try to give my input. Thanks to Walt and Kelly for letting me try it!!!
  11. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Blake,

That was my take too. It would explode up stuff by just wicking it at the bottom or even mid-climb. Probably a little too agressive for my fat ass too John. I think if CelticDude had tried mine with that pipe he would have liked it better simply because of the hit and explosion. I found riding the bike at higher elevations in Caliente, NV(6-7000') with that pipe the bottom/early mid softness was more evident and made the pipe/bike less happy with my talent level. I look forward to your reports from Moab.
  12. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    There should be some good, no GREAT, reports from Moab. We will have two 165's, one with the modded fatty, and one with the modded PC. It will be fun to try them back to back. There is a group of 4 of us going, and I'm the least experienced rider.... Good thing my bike is as good as it can be, but now whats my excuse going to be?
  13. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Excellent Blake a good side by side same day testing can it get any better than this. Look forward to that report also. Who know I like the bike so much I'll probably end up with one of each :D. Thanks :cheers:!
  14. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I found a couple of boxes full of pipes and parts on the front porch this evening.:applause: Thanks John. Now it is time to get to work.
    Motosportz likes this.
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Maybe we should bring the 125 fatty too :thinking:
  16. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Walt I was getting ready to send you a PM on the pipes. You can now add mind reading to your list of skilz :D. Weld fast I'll clean it when it gets here :thinking:. Thanks John.
  17. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Hey guys and gals,

We are starting to ship out the pipes and will have all 7 on the road by this weekend. My question is I want to paint the un-plated hardware but I am curious what everyone wants. A silver/gray header paint looks "OK" on the plated pipe and will work to protect. Is that an agreable color for everyone? I do not have the ability to get the pipes re-plated. Thanks for your thoughts.
  18. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Works for me
  19. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Eric needs to:
    1. Stop lying to customers about shipping
    2. Get some help!
    3. Get some help!
    4. Get some help!
    or....
    1. Find another gig that he can handle.
    I've bought tons of stuff from this guy. Most of it was promised in days but actually took weeks. He makes quality stuff but the unfulfilled promises are getting OLD... O-L-DEEE

Like my Grandfather used to say: "SHIT or get off the Goddamn pot!"
    454x likes this.
  20. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

LOL Krieg my dad use to say that too! He was a WWII vet and he had a special way of getting things done. Walt silver/gray high temp works for me and that's what I going to do until I give my bike a complete bling over this winter.