1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 165 pipe thread

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by wallybean, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    What did you get?
  2. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Latest update:

Looks like John will be picking up the first group of pipes on Monday and sending them on to me. We will be making two jigs this weekend so that we can easily fit pipes for the two separate frames. 08 and earlier and 09 and later. The only difference for the 09 and 11 and later frames will be a different mounting point on the rear bracket. So once we get the pipes turn around time will be short. All you guys that have ordered pipes should be hearing from me early next week with a final price that includes shipping.

Pipe guards:

I have talked to Eric Pirie and they are currently producing the guards and will have availability to ship in the next few days for all those wanting the trick carbon fiber guard. In the not to distant future the guard will be listed on their site as a point and click item. It will be listed as a guard for the FMF pipe for the Husky 165. I think he will also reference me in the line item discription. They are doing an initial run of 10 guards and will continue to produce new guards as demand dictates. Until they have their site updated, you should make orders by e-mail as they will definitely get those orders and will respond as time allows. P-3 is a small manufacturer and is lucky enough to be back logged in a tough economic time so it is good that they are now producing these guards for us.

Pro Circuit Pipe:

If Kelly feels that there is enough difference in power delivery between the two pipes, I will pursue the same type of deal with them to produce the pipe for the 165. The pipe in question is a Platinum 2 pipe for the same 03-04 Ktm 200 sx. My low talent impression is that the pipe offers a more upper mid/top end power curve for the 165. It still makes decent bottom/early mid but just isn't quite as much as the fatty. My fat ass feel was that the PC pipe made for a bit more explosive transition to the top end and carried it farther.

More info to follow as it becomes available
    motocrossmr and typeone like this.
  3. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Cool thanks for the update Walt.
  4. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Latest update:

One of John's guys picked up the pipes and pieces today. Should have shipping details to me tomorrow and I can give everyone a schedule and price. Thanks again to John for going the extra mile way beyond any reward to make this happen.
    MattR, typeone, motocrossmr and 3 others like this.
  5. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

:applause: Very good thanks.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    U rule, nice work Walt / John.
  7. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

OK Here we go Thanks to FMF a company that took the time to work with us.FMF knew were going to cut and change parts on there pipe and even supplied the parts for us to do so.The pipe are here at
    Ajax Auto /Wrecking and will be shipped out to Walt today 100_2344.jpg 100_2343.jpg
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Nice work man.

K
  9. motocrossmr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 PW80, '12 KX 65
    Man those pipes look nice! Thanks for all the hard work guys!
  10. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I can see mine
  11. Idacurt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 WB177
    Other Motorcycles:
    Scorpa 175
  12. meusoc45 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WB165
    Correct me if im wrong, but do you guys have to cut the KTM located mounts off these to relocate the new un-plated mounts to where they need to go
    to fit on the husky? Seems like a crap load of work if this is the case. Really appreciate all your guys efforts.
  13. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

YES Add the end where it goes into the head,Cut off both KTM brakets install pipe into the gig then add the 2 Husky brakets,Add the stinger to the end of the KTM pipe
    BUT the finish product is well worth the effor and the price.
    FMF really stepped up and helpped out. Walt is really trying hard to make a finish product close to the price of a stock unmodified pipe.Remember 25 pipes were ordered and paid for inadvance
  14. meusoc45 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WB165
  15. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Yes, We will be cutting the Ktm specific parts off and welding on the Husky mounts. It isn't going to be as cheap as a ready made pipe but that isn't available so we make do. Someday maybe we can get them built up specific but we are a ways away from that kind of quantity. Final price is going be $250 plus shipping to you. I will save as much as possible as I go forward(beyond the first 7) but I need to make sure my welder is sufficiently happy to continue doing these at the drop of the hat(you don't want me doing the welding). Those of you who got the inferior Wallybean welds probably got what you paid for:(...cheaper but ugly like me:lol: . I need to just go take a welding class so I can learn to tig and work with sheet metals.

John really needs a hand from all of us. He spent a lot of his time and money to make this happen without any guarantee of success or compensation. :applause:
  16. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thank you John, Walt, the welder, and FMF :applause:.
  17. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

thanks guys, that was alot of up front out of pocket cash
  18. DaveG321 Husqvarna
    A Class

I was able to use the KTM large mount/bracket,just cut off and welded it to the bottom of the pipe,fit perfect.
  19. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

That is what I have done on all the previous pipes. What we are trying to do is get the next run of pipes without those welded on so we aren't leaving a weld scar front and back.
  20. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Looks like a pile of Scottish Bag pipes being ready to be played! Nice work!