1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Where do I start?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by shawbagga, Jul 14, 2016.

1. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Must be the inner oring if it's gettin into cylinder correct? Wen it's cool it's weeping past it n to exhaust port. I'll pull head tomoro mayb I nd to ride the 300 then drink cans to get over my stress!;)
  2. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    You'll be right, might only be a tear...do the 165's have a two o-ring head seals? Whatever the case it, if it's torn or snapped, go down to CBC Bearings or some place like that and they can match up a new oring or make one up in a viton...just stipulate a viton oring
  3. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    If you sink can's too often you'll have to change spring rates:thumbsup: Stress...just wring it's f'in neck and then ghostie going up a hill it an scream out "F ya, ya c@#t"...works for me:D
    jaxsplatt likes this.
  4. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Ahh shit I jus ordered a top end gasket kit was $46! Orings alone were $18 each so better off to get whole kit. Orings were on back order for bout a month but dealers over east had em in stock but I'd still hav to pay postage so still works out better to get whole kit. If anybody in Oz needs base gaskets or intake manifold gaskets giv me a yell cos I got shirt loads of em now!!!

I'd imagine the bearing shops would still be chargin $10-$15 each OMG?
  5. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    image.jpg

Yep this would do it! Started rainin so decided to have a peek.
  6. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    I think l paid off the shelf they were $8 ea and l had the 250's made up from our fitters...the exhaust gasket cost about $2.50 or 20 for $10 from CBC (6 years ago).
    The mining workshops may have oring splicing kits and Loctite 406 as our hydraulic blokes forever make up viton and silicone orings for the units we have at work and it's just the case of whether they have the right diameter of viton or silicone cord, my WR250 has a made up head gasket and hasn't failed in 2 years.

Funny thing is Shawry when l look at the above pic...l can smell the coolant!!
    shawbagga likes this.
  7. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    image.jpg

Cleaned up the head plug looks good. The pitting is from wen I seized it 18 months ago....I think:)
  8. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Yeah I get the CAT orings for exhaust from work but havnt tried to get head orings. I'll suss out bearing shops n work for future head orings for both bikes. I didn't notice the smell I'm hopeless haha
  9. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Crap I found out why oring split. Looks like plating has chipped off?!! 3 separate sections bout 2-3mm wide. The bit wher oring had split has a small crack/split goin thru cylinder wall to where oring sits. WTF?!! There goes $500!!! F#%k !!

Walt if u happen to read this can u pm me please.
  10. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Can't pm Walt or leave message so if anyone has his details can you please ask him to get in touch via pm with me so I can see wat this will cost me. Cheers
  11. jaxsplatt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '10 WR300, 2000 TE410
    Oh crap.. Not good shawry..
  12. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    I sent the SOS to Walt for ya...
  13. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Shawbagga,

I sent you a pm so please reply to it if you are able. I will get you fixed up one way or the other. You will need to send me your complete top end. I have an emergency cylinder here that is usable and if you are in a time crunch I will forward that to you as soon as you send me your top end. I will need to make sure your power valves fit in the cylinder and check your head too. I can turn that around quickly. You might as well send me the piston kit too so I can spec that in the cylinder.

Send your parts to:

Walt Smith
    1052 Tammany Lane
    Hamilton, MT 59840

You can e-mail me at: walt_a_s@yahoo.com if you are unable to PM.

Walt
  14. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I would be surprised if your cylinder can't be repaired. Powerseal is very good at dealing with those issues even if the material is thin in that area.
    shawbagga and Huskynoobee like this.
  15. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Thanks man he pmd me:)
  16. Oldscool Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    RM125, SWM RS500R & Superdual
    Shawry, hope your little one is back on the trails soon.
    shawbagga likes this.
  17. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Yeah I'm sure shel be rite mate got in touch with Walt so I'll pull it down n send entire top end off to Walt for analysis/hopeful repair. 300 time for a while. Lucky I wasn't far from home n noticed it mitn have ended so well if was racing!
  18. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    image.jpg

The dirt bike gods hate me!

Stopped for a bit of rain n noticed missing brake disc bolt. The fucker had sheered off!!! Have to try drill it out. Poxy racediscs UK SS bolts shoulda put the stock bolts back in. No hang on it's the solid floater disc so they wouldn't fit. Bit of luck hasn't damaged hub/thread. Race on Sunday so nd this one goin!
    ohmygewd likes this.
  19. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Not that easy Ridin grasstrack n singles tryin not to use ya rear brakes. On the positive side I cut in a nice 4.5km grasstrack/single mixture. Was good after sum rain!
  20. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    no rear brake = no good I use a lot of rear brake and would just stay home if mine didn't work :rolleyes:

I'm having a string of poor luck too. Leaking water pump seal on the 300 I can't get out yet. Figured I better have all the parts handy, not just the seal and spacer, and that stuff is back ordered.

Went to change worn out front tire on the 165 and one of the axle pinch bolts is seized. Didn't notice until after I ruined the bolt head. Heated it up and put the vise grip to it and really ruined it. Drilled it and broke the easy out off in it! And local machine shop guy is just back from vacation and backed up for 3 weeks :cry: I can still ride it, but worn out front tire is no good around here.

Not sure which fix I'm going to attempt next, probably 300 which would be cheaper F'up than the ruining the threads on the 165 forks. Seriously considering swapping forks though too, so can take the 165 out and play with others which I haven't done yet.

Meanwhile, doing a month without beer to see how that feels and quit cigars after 20 years! So no fun sitting around complaining, cause I don't drink or smoke.
    Actually thinking if I'd have had a couple cold ones I wouldn't have strong armed the fork bolt :cheers:
    shawbagga likes this.