1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Where do I start?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by shawbagga, Jul 14, 2016.

1. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    no worries, just hope it gets fixed..
    starting to wonder about ignition or timing..stator not loose huh?
  2. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    Can't see the ignition being the issue if it starts fine.
    And only runs rich...
  3. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    ignition going bad can affect things other than starting, altho sometimes its certainly just that. depends on how its going bad. do we know for sure its rich or just incomplete combustion...sometimes there is only a problem with spark under load.
  4. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Yeah I'm beginning to wonder bout the ignition tbh it was first thing I thought but then wen plug was foulin lead me back to carb. I guess if it's only sparking intermittingly under WOT it could lead to fouling but it seems if I can do a few WOT runs it cleans plug n runs perfect so it's loadin up at lower rev range. Starting first kick as usual. Missus got day off so im out having coffee then off to see Dr so hopefully get sum shed time this arvo
  5. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Well fingers crossed you get to the bottom of problem.
  6. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    For what it's worth when I went from the stock pipe to Gnarly I had to go leaner on the Gnarly with the stock carb. Then I got the Lectron I sorted it with the Gnarly and a few years later I went to the 2cs pipe and had to go 1/2 turn richer
  7. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Well feelin better today think virus is done! Went half turn leaner on rod so it's at about 51.25-51.5mm(hard to be accurate with a tape but close). Hopefully idle will need to be backed out as it's only 1/4 turn from seated! No ride or start yet maybe tomoro
  8. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Didn't ride but did start it today n it idled well didn't seem to load up, no throttle hang either so seems good. Tomoro test ride her. Set idle screw full turn out from seated(same as my 165) n yeah she seemed to be spot on idling wise so must be close!!!

Does anyone else's fuel tap outlet pretty much touch edge of top of lectron?! I've put a bit of plastic between fuel hose n carb to stop it rubbin but it did near wear through my oem fuel hose
    NCSteve and juicypips like this.
  9. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Mine's close, but def not touching. Has about an inch clearance and makes an inline filter difficult.
    :cheers:
  10. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Maybe I should run throttle cable between head mounts so can rotate carb further starboard. Next time I spose.

Edit nah can't do that as squashes cable
  11. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Rito had coupla decent rides on her since droppin rod half a turn. 3.5 hour deep sand XC n sum grasstrack action across the road from my house. Glad I took 300 for cross country as it was nearly all deep black sand! Thought she was gonna blow on the sighting lap, got back to ute n wound 1/4 turn more PJ richness in. Got pretty hot-melted pipe orings(could hear pipe rattling), rtv around pipe flange n the rubber union between pipe/silencer!!! Lucky its winter! New Rad cap, hoses n head orings all seemed to hold up well as hardly lost any coolant(jus a bit below fins from heat expansion). After dialin in PJ a bit richer(mainly WOT all day) seemed to run cooler n better for rest of the day but brutal track for engines n consumables. Wasn't all that fun as I can't ride sand for shit but sum corner were ok if u held it on n stayed on top of sànd so bike didn't sink down n bog engine. 126km of punishment finished 5/10 with 7 laps in ironman(winner did 10, 2nd did 9, 3rd did 8 then me n another fella on 7). Used 20L of fuel!!! Fuel Economy wasn't at its best haha

Runnin sweet bar a very small bog/hesitation jus before it gets on the pipe/Pv opens. Idling strong & consistent, not even close to fouling a plug at low revs while still havin plenty of grunt n crisp as. Am happy with rod so will leave it as is for now(havnt checked the new plug I put in yet). Not sure if the small bog is rich or lean or float perhaps(doubt it as it looks right n I havnt adjusted it ever). I was at 3/4 from seated on PJ for race(up from 1/2) n it was doin it then went back to 3/8 for grasstrack n it was still jus noticable so I may try another 1/8 leaner(1/4 from seated) n see wat happens. Cooked orings n rubber union may not have helped things so I replaced orings today but wàitin for Union. Does yz or ktm rubber joiners/unions fit anyone know? Hopefully get across the road in next day or 2 n try it out. Will take small screwdriver n adjust whilst out Ridin.

Stoked to have a proper(almost) runnin 3 hungey again! :)
    juicypips likes this.
  12. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    I should mention the bog seems to only happen wen whacking the throttle hard from near closed. Wen gradual throttle applied it's ok. Could rod be touch lean? Pv gummy possibly(unlikely I'd think)? Or jus too much fuel at sudden throttle opens?

I really gotta pay more attention to bike wen I ride but I get excited n in the zone n forget haha
  13. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Pmsl your funny dude, how the hell did you burn up viton orings?!? That pipe must of been glowing.
    shawbagga likes this.
  14. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    That's what I was thinking too. Man Shawry, most folks go to some mellow spot to do carb adjustment tests, but you go and try to see if it'll survive a torture test!
    ohmygewd likes this.
  15. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Fricked if I know man but it was deep sand n labourin bike a bit I guess(sighting lap so people everywhere). Lost a pipe spring thought it was that but had a spare put it on n pipe still rattling so new orings were gone. Pulled it today n they(wat was left of em) were crisp!!! I melted the silencer joiner it was like liquid wax wen got back to pits n touched it! Once racing wasnt(quite) as bad as you could get up sum speed n get sum air flow thru her gills but damn I felt sorry for that engine for all 3.5 hours. I thought she really mite give up the ghost!
  16. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Haha yeah well she survived! :)

I very well may have killed the 165 if I took it there. Was coupla kids on 125s that went tearing past me(punks) but they looked like they woulda weighed 50-60kg not 100!
    Huskynoobee likes this.
  17. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Mate, EFI 2t are still in development :p

When you wack it open, is the bike coasting or in low rev's or below band? If it's too lean it make that boooaaarr sound than hit but thats from idle.
    I don't think l can ever go from coasting with the bike at low rev and crack it from closed to WOT without a slight hesitation from down low...always fanned the clutch to build the rev's up and then hit it.... although changed throttle slide on my Keihin to get rid of some richness from 1/8 to 1/4.
  18. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Seems to be wen changin from 3-4 gear(under heavy acceleration/WOT/racing type riding) after closing throttle for split second to change gear then openin wide again(should flat change I guess!) there's slight hesitation.

Maybe I'm bein fussy but doesn't seem quite right. Only seemed to happen3-4 n maybe 4-5 gears. I'll pay more attention tomoro or Friday wen go for a ride n maybe adjust PJ to see wat happens. Wonder if rod still jus touch too rich?
  19. Oldscool Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    RM125, SWM RS500R & Superdual
    Shawry,

I've found that a slight hesitation when snapping the throttle open from closed when on overrun came from lean needle straight section (PWK carb). I notice it most when coasting down hill and snapping the throttle slightly as you do to change down gear or just security "blip". Sounds a bit like your issue? I've no idea how the cure relates to lectron though, needle height is a touch lean perhaps??
  20. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Yeah jus thinkin that I'll run it tomoro or fri n mite go back 1/4 turn richer. Goin richer on PJ made no difference havnt tried it leaner yet so will giv that a go first. Can a 1/4 turn leaner on rod(went 1/2 turn leaner to sort plug fouling so if go back 1/4 turn richer will equate to 1/4 turn leaner) really make that much difference to previous plug fouling issue? Seemed like it was miles off wouldn't have thought 1/4 turn leaner be enough?

Does feel like it's starved of fuel for that 1/4 of a second stutter. That orbits clearing its throat of excess fuel.