1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Where do I start?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by shawbagga, Jul 14, 2016.

1. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Shawry, had the same experience with the racedisc SS bolts, took one look at them and switched them over before l installed it.

NCSteve, the snapped pinched bolt, can you go from under the fork to drill out if the easy out is stuck in there?
    Oldscool likes this.
  2. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Had the same thought, but really don't want to bung the threads and not sure the top part is coming out without drilling too. I may go for it yet, probably need a sip or 2 to steady my hand :cheers:
  3. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Stay strong Steve haha. Chew gum or sumthn to take mind off drinkin n smokin(cigars yuck wtf I'm jus picturing arnie!).
    Easy enough to swap whole front end over between bikes if u got a lift stand.

OMG they've lasted 100-150 hours but tbh I never check em for tightness so I'd say it had loosened marginally n sheered then. Other 3 bolts were not tight(enough) either which guess from one missing n extra play n stress on remaining 3. Remainder of bolt was deep in thread so can't hav backed out too much! I'll try find sum 8.8 or higher. Luckily my trusty little black n decker 12v cordless drill managed to drill it out after 15-20min of muckin around. Only snapped one bit(which is pretty good for me:)) wen it went right thru bolt. Put next size drill but thru n blow me down the bugger unscrewed like a bloody champion. That warranted a 2 can celebration. No hub or thread damage n even had a spare set of bolts(from front disc I ditched but reused stock bolts). Also deserved a can. Loctited the bejeebuz outta em so see how they go for the weekend.

If bad luck comes in 3s then I certainly hav had my trio. Was havin a nerf gun war with my 6yo son after the above mentioned cans(still a kid at heart arnt we all?!). Kicked his arse even tho he was packin dual pistols opposed to my single shot girly gun. He shot a bullet onto the roof n wanted it back so I lifted him up n he got it. I grabbed wooden outdoor setting chair to stand on to get him down. Stood on chair n put my arms up as if to say grab my hands n he automatically thought it meant jump Dad will catch me! He launched like an Olympic diver(I caught him as only foot or 2 from my hands) but pushed me off balance(he bout 25kg now I guess). That horrible feeling where u know Uve passed the point of no return! I twisted tryin to prevent him from smackin into the concrete/brick pavin n managed to drop him from bout 2 feet(thought it was great wanted to do it again!!!). I on the other hand landed on my good knee n both elbows/forearms. Immediately checked him but he was fine then did the old self diagnostic pat down n nothin broken, fractured or dislocated jus sore bloody knee n elbow. Was lucky as coulda bn busted arms/elbows or knee/leg if hadn't jumped clear of chair n got stuck in it! There was a ladder 5m away too! :)

Main thing is bike is sorted n I won the nerf battle. Coupla crackin head shots by me jus quietly.

Oh yeah and sum shit bout right tool for the job n job planning/communication. ;)
  4. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    Sorry I missed this thread. Been AWOL sounds like you've been a busy boy, re as disc bolts chuck em and go high tensile jobs.
    Cylinder must of been like that before as you've had probs in the past with that crap but walt will fix ya yup;)
    Hope the joints aren't too bruised.
    How's the pw going you upgraded him to a KTM 85 yet
  5. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Ran the SS bolts for Sundays race no probs. havnt checked em since pre race tho. I'm sure they'll be fine is say it jus backed off a bit then sheered off. Regardless I'll get sum hi tensile jobbies(c if I can snavel sum from work!). Re cylinder last time it was the outer oring that went as bit of coolant leakin out of cylinder head/cylinder but that was 18 months ago or so.
  6. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    I did replace the 300s head orings 30 hours ago too juicy but bn fine since touch wood. Jus on 60 hours so far for this piston so hopefully she holds out to 100(wossner) then I'll send it over to get replayed n piston matched. Be at 300 odd hours by that stage so see how bottom end feels hopefully shel do another 100!

Had enduro/xc(pony express they call em here-semi competitive but more social but still plenty of fast blokes n racin!) race on weekend. 173km in 5 hours was bit rocky n whooped out by the end but good track n great fun. Good fitness too. They had a chopper filmin n pits/start/finish were at local footy ground so awesome set up. Bit dusty but still awesome. Had rocks, jumps, small hills, little bit of single trail, fast straights n even a bit of bitumen(closed road)! Managed 11 laps n winner in ironman(no partner-solo) did 13 so not too bad. 20th out of 48 starters in ironman n 65th or so out of 190 riders total. Was only 15mins diff between 20th n 10th so I should hav pushed harder n could hav got top 15 pushin up for top 10 but I was buggered by the end. Had fun that's the main thing! Wr300 loved it.

Air filter looks like a chocolate cake tho haha
    Oldscool and juicypips like this.
  7. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    No ktm85 yet juicy but he's nearly outgrown the pw. All arms n legs like his dad. Lookin at the YCF 4t. French company Chinese made but good quality. Round the $1500-$2000 for an 88cc semi auto 4t with long travel suspension n disc brakes
    juicypips likes this.
  8. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    You got Suzuki 85 there? Those are some good bikes.
    Well it's only a matter of time as he grows in amazed no one has done an adjustable linkage for kids bike to suit heights up to teen, even a mix of small wheels linkage and big wheels with linkage be a sweet bundle and get alot of interest I think.

Hell's yeah boy 2 laps off the leader your almost there.
    Am impressed, any good pics?
  9. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    They'll put sum up on the website/Facebook. Haha I'm along way off the front runners my friend but I love it n that's all I care about!

Brookton pony express series(round 2) on Facebook or website if u really wanna have a look mate. There's a link that gives all the lap times/fastest/slowest/totals. Blue chip results or sumthn. Was all done electronically this time with stick on barcode setup. Pretty awesome the details it shows. Round 3 in 3 weeks yeeha!!!

Yeah spose should get him on a manual clutch straight up. Kx65 or ktm65!
  10. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    I forget why I even started this thread but it's grown legs haha.

By end of race could hear pipe rattling a bit(put boot on it n would stop) so pipe orings gone again! Only lasted bout 8-10 hours! Wat gives? Is it just the heat that breaks em down? Silencer/pipe rubber connection is fine n no spooge out silencer(a bit around Pv cover on left where the rubber seal thingy is).

I used CAT hydraulic orings from work. Dunno if they viton but are used for hydraulic lines so is have thought they'd be ok?! Anyway get em for nothin so can easily replace. Oem ones I ruined(destroyed! Went hard n crumbled) on previous sand race but she got pretty hot that day.
  11. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    You need high temp viton orings looks like the heat isn't good for drybollic ones.
    Could be your excess heat as your ringing is neck properly!
  12. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Juicy's spot on and l'd load up with red silicone as well!!
  13. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    I may be daft but I'm not stupid!
  14. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Mite put orings on then rtv over top of em n let it dry then put it on
  15. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Either way if your using correct o rings then you won't have a problem.
  16. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Yeah guess I was unfairly harsh on the oem orings I melted the other week considering I melted the pipe/silencer joiner too! :)

From memory they're 3.5mm thick n 46mm but can't remember if that's ID or OD? Anyone know or can measure(I'm at work).
    There's hi temp viton green ones on ebay 5 for $10-$12 delivered I might have a crack at. Cheap enough I guess. Don't fancy payin $18 each for OEM!
  17. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    That's about the right cost, can't help you with size tho.
  18. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Wouldn't matter if you're using high temp viton or the hydru viton as the high temp stuff is only rated to 204C and when you WA sandblasters are cooking your bikes in WOT in 6th, the exhaust temp blows past that hence the high temp viton hardens up and perishes - the RTV stuff is to stop or reduce the chance of the motor sucking in air from the header which can cause a lean out.

So, because the majority of 2 bangers that have spring exhaust tensioners don't have the old copper crush washers that are use to seal up exhaust studs, you slap RTV to get a good seal - a lot of 2t guys never replace their exhaust o-rings until they start to see smoke coming out of the header which probably been rattling away for ages.
  19. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Least I paid attention this week tho!

Ebay ones are as u say OMG rated to 204C so I'll try another set of the CAT ones as already got a set at home. They lasted a coupla rides but sounded like(havnt checked yet) they gave up the ghost mid race. Don't think I was particularly hard on the bike n wasn't sandy so seems odd. Anyway I'll check em in coupla weeks n replace for the last race
  20. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    I'd be surprised with the Cat guys don't use the high temp stuff..only a couple cents dearer.

TBO, these o-rings only do last a few good hard rides especially if you're really cooking on the gas which is why, don't want to sound repetitive, if you want to be a lazy c@nt like me you use rtv to create a good seal...when the pipe starts to rattle then it's time to change the oring:thumbsup:
    PS. you can also wrap the oring (once fitted) with silicone tape (http://www.jaycar.com.au/silicone-rescue-tape/p/NA2829) as added insurance or make up a temp oring...and if you crack a radiator hose!!
    PPS..Even had it at Aldi for a few bucks as well..if you can find anything in that store.
    NCSteve likes this.