Whassup with GasGas ?

Discussion in 'Non-Husqvarna Motorcycles' started by Miezie666, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    I disagree about Sherco needing to revise their game plan here in Australia. To my knowledge, Sherco advertise more and hold more ride days than Beta do.
    Also, there are only 2 Beta dealers listed in Qld opposed to seven Sherco dealers.
  2. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    That's pretty good, I doubt there's 7 in the whole US
    Motosportz likes this.
  3. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    There are a lot more than 7...
  4. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Not out west... but I can walk to my local Beta/Husky dealer.
  5. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    I know of 2 in Ohio.
  6. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    yeh bit harsh on sherco there boogie my apologies. sherco AUS seems to be going ok not so sure rest of world though. new 450 would help if it ever gets here!!! in saying that beta have no 250f but I reckon theyd sell a heap more 350s/450s over 250s. still choice is what the people want. im in WA & we only got one(dealer) of each but that don't bother me at all. probably more refering to betas website/pricing/delivery of parts. pretty bloody good ya gotta admit! with GG going south & tm continuing to be the niche player it opens up a few more sales opportunities for both beta & sherco. disappointed for GG as they were really coming along & starting to get good reviews(especially the 15s). can someone confirm whether beta is pronounced 'better' or 'bayta'?
  7. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    bayta least thats what they say hear
    shawbagga likes this.
  8. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    I race in Indiana and Ky and I've only seen one Sherco.... a couple Betas.... which is How Husky use to be, Rode at Saddleback and there was 3huskys 4 KTms and a Yamaha in our group.... pretty weird....
  9. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Reality check on that the last distributer seemed to have and inflated ego dare I say and other game plans that were more important. I could say more but will stay professional as well as the fact that Tm is satisfied with producing awesome hand crafted race bikes in low production. With a revalve and rubber mount bars you have one bad boy!!
  10. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

. Let's keep in mind beta is using a strategy in smaller scale similar to what KTM did. Befriend the magazine editors provide bikes to the magazines children to race have a unique BYOB beta program... Make something reliable that is not to heavy.... Advertise and spend money etc....I would love to ride one for three days straight to see what I think of it!!
    shawbagga likes this.
  11. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

On the Tm thing I will assure you . If you have money you could call Tm directly and get one with a zoke ohlins combo and any tire choice bike on its way to.you on a boat or a plane even if they did not have.a.us distributer....no quirks or loose bolts with mine that i had....
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    For reference I really like TMs and think they are cool. Thats said I also realise they are a tiny company and bikes are secondary to them.
    fletchman45 and shawbagga like this.
  13. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

What is primary for TM ?
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Kart motors.
    shawbagga and robertaccio like this.
  15. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    just a quick note we see Beta as a "small" co. (because of the local/imported model line up) and yes by comparison to Honda, KTM they are, but if you look at their model line, individually they have more bikes in their product line up then many of the bigs.
    http://www.betamotor.com/it/all/bikes
    OK I know this is a G-G thread now back to that.
    water racer likes this.
  16. GMP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    '13 Beta 300RR Racing
    They also have been a contract mfg., including making a lot of KTM stuff. There is even a foundry on site. There is a video floating around of the factory, a lot larger than you would expect.
  17. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    im only talking about Australia here Fletch. Sherco advertising pretty hard here as well as Beta but TM you don't here much out of at all. Beta seem to be getting the best raps for after sales service/parts pricing & delivery. I personally like all 3(especially the TM but they cost almost as much as KTM here-nearly $14K RA for a 300!:eek: ) but sherco & especially beta have their pricing a lot sharper than ktm/husky & tm. like $2K cheaper! GG was similar pricing maybe a bit more than beta but a lot cheaper than the Austrians still which means one less cheaper option than orange or boutique Italian!
  18. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    BTW I reckon the whole BYOB & TM making bikes to spec direct from factory is absolutely awesome. bout time a manufacturer did this style of approach properly. when I buy a new beta 250RR sometime next year it will be getting specced up at the factory or at least at the shop before I pick it up. I like the idea of the bike being ready to ride straight of the showroom floor. im talking more about suspension springing/revalving, tyres & armour though. still fun to personalize your bike as you go with bling & new products as they come out. dirtbikes eh, the never-ending stooorrrrryyyy ahhhh ahhh ahhh.

back to GG I guess as this ship is way off the rails:D
  19. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    any more news on GG? have heard rumours about a swiss or swede buy out but only rumours?
  20. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    i thought it was the Isrealies
  21. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    Reported in Spanish news that they have entered liquidation.

http://www.elmundo.es/motor/2015/07/02/5595723c268e3ece7e8b4590.html

Article translated...

Gas Gas enters into liquidation

EUROPA PRESS Girona Updated:02/07/2015 19:34

The Gas Gas motorcycle manufacturer has entered into liquidation to the not to deal with a debt of 30 million euros, as explained by the CEO of the company, Ramon bridge to Europa Press.

Bridge has argued that it has agreed a licence paid for the template, composed of 93 employees, until the corresponding record of employment (ERE) Regulation, with the exception of the Finance Department and the address is approved to prepare the sale of the production unit with the bankruptcy administrator.

"There is no turning back", he regretted bridge, after not finding any buyer or partner industrial, which had allowed the viability of Gas Gas, whose production was paralyzed.

Deadlines for the final outcome of the company, with headquarters in Salt will depend on the Girona mercantile Court, which will carry out the sale of the assets of the company to deal with the debt.

The manufacturer of motorcycles from trial and enduro presented creditors in may, four months after was declared insolvent with the presentation of a pre-insolvency.

In a statement from Facebook, the Committee deplored that Gas Gas partners have opted for liquidation, by closed the option of a possible Swiss investor.

"With a strategy led by the partners in a disastrous way for the brand, with the sole purpose of protecting its interests, today and unilaterally a part of israeli shareholders has been decided by the liquidation", criticized the workers.

Template defends an industrial plan that returned the brand to the top of the sector off-roading and trial: "if we have one thing clear is that Gas Gas workers know to make motorcycles and that we just need an economic boost and a good management team "".