Whassup with GasGas ?

Discussion in 'Non-Husqvarna Motorcycles' started by Miezie666, Feb 18, 2015.

1. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    from what I hear is this is a "hoax" and not true info
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

I've heard this same thing, three offers from several sources. What part dont you think is real?
  3. Philbilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

A 2010 Gas Gas EC250 just came up for sale locally for $2,000...any advice or guidance on this year Gas Gas? I've owned my 2009 WR125 for 7 years now and have it sorted out very well...my only complaint is I'm a little short @ 5'7" but at a lean an mean 160lbs I love the handling and smooth power. Thought I'd look for more cc's and have some fun with all the torque-I'm no stranger to big bore bikes and have lots of experience and great "throttle control." Let me
    know any opinions for this east coast 51yr old!
  4. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    010 ISN'T THAT ONE OF THE HEAVY YEARS JUST SAYIN I WOULDN'T BE SCARED OF IT
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Reborn this post---go have a look at the 2016 EICMA Gas-Gas presentation. looks like major changes coming to enduro machines, right off the bat, single backbone chassis like KTM/Husky/Beta--smart move to baseline off the other Euro product lines. It looks like they contracted WP to build their base chassis parts if you look at frame and swingarm. 17 is already out and very much the same as 16 I take this as the 18 model....unless they split the year..

http://www.enduropro.com/actualidad/gas-gas-presenta-las-innovadoras-ec-y-xc-2017
  6. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    What's a single backbone chassis and what was it before?
  7. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    dirtbiketest.com andswered my question. Frame goes straight down the middle like most dirt bikes now when before two parts up top wrapped around, street bike style or aluminum framed bike style
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    look at the fotos. looks like G-G contracted WP (Peirer Ind./KTM/Husky) to build their base chassis/swingarm..... look at your 2014-16 KTM/Husky then have a look at the new G-G chassis. Oh yea even the kickstand looks oem kato/husky.

If that is indeed the case and in my mind is the case, smart business move Gas Gas and with the addition of KYB suspension components they are on the right track for sure to getting all the way back on their feet and equal in terms with the other Euro brands. Viva Espana!
    Kam1 and shawbagga like this.
  9. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    The 18' looks awesome
  10. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    Read the Gas Gas posts earlier today.

Found this just now.

Yes it sure looks like those new model parts came right out of KTM/Husky Parts bins. Like the kickstand, WP built frames, swingarms, likely the radiators, probably the fuel tanks, wheel hubs, rotors, etc.

Who knows what else. Very nice indeed.

[IMG]

enduro21.com

12 hrs ยท
    The news Gas Gas fans have been waiting for!
    [IMG]
    Enduro21 - Gas Gas Unveil New Enduro Bike
    Gas Gas have just lifted the covers on their brand spanky new two-stroke enduro bike.
    enduro21.com
  11. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Headlight looks little odd but it's LED! Kyb good addition. Wonder how mych weight it lost?! Same estart tho(face palm)
  12. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid

They fixed the e-start system starting model year 2015, we haven't had a single (non-user-caused) failure.
  13. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Did they jus ktm fix it(bigger motor which was a mask n still shit) Jon or properly? Good if they did but they're a poor design still I reckon. Go like beta/Sherco/new ktm/husky not a bolt on
  14. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    YEA BUT BOLTED ON IS EASY TO SERVICE
  15. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    True troy but generally only needs servicing or replacing because of dirt/water ingression, impact damage that causes wear n jus shitty design. Not too many modern 4t starters require much if any servicing over bikes life. Jus sayin woulda bn good to see updated/better engineered starter. Wonder how these bikes will go with euro 4/5 standards next year? Unless they sell em as off road only(big sales loss here, US, Canada, Europe) they'll need somethin better than the keihin carb n the old GG engine. EFI/DI/OI?
  16. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    may be but i know of one dead local beta starter it belonged to the dealer was out for awhile waiting no parts i guess IDK for sure
  17. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    They changed the geartrain for one thing, including slightly different gear ratios. They also changed the steel recipe for the gears themselves. They also figured out one of the fatal spacing/shimming issues and solved that. It's been pretty tough, like I said we haven't seen any non-user-caused failures; nothing is completely indestructible.
    Norman Foley, Kam1 and 454x like this.
  18. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Cool that's good then at least they didn't jus stick their heads up their arse like ktm did(until the near end of production run). I'm still not sold on em in that position tho. But at least I guess it is easy to service wen required.

By user error do u mean sumone jus crankin it with bike in gear or similar?
    JonXX likes this.
  19. Phoenix Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 Ducs, 14 GG 200, 13 Husa 300
    I've had several bikes that had bad starters. My 07 KTM 250 would just do that wonderful KTM grind 'n spin. My Husky TXC 250 had all kinds of worm gear and sprag clutch issues and was kick-start only by the end of ownership. My GG 300 had the bad starter design setup - it was definitely an afterthought - bolted on to try to retrofit an older engine to keep up with the times. The big problem I had with that bike was that the starter would "catch" and just not turn the bike over. I got to where I could hit the button just right and it would start. After owning several e-start dirtbikes, I think the "user error" involved is wearing out the starter trying to start when cold and to a lesser degree in gear. Just my opinion there. I do hear that the 2015+ GG starter design is much better and I've considered retrofitting my 2014 kick-only 200.
    JonXX likes this.
  20. hammer Husqvarna
    AA Class

I put a bendix from a Honda scooter on my wife's 11 250 GasGas and it has work perfect for over 300 hours.
    Phoenix likes this.