Whassup with GasGas ?

Discussion in 'Non-Husqvarna Motorcycles' started by Miezie666, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Miezie666 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2x YZ 125, 1x YZ250 2005, XT600 2KF
  2. duggoey Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 690, Yamaha WR200, FGS650(800cc)
    Ususally you make a statement to eliminate all doubt, this one didnt provide a lot of confidence. I hope gas gas can continue with its direction.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    A couple dealers I know that seem to be in the know feel GG is actually better for all this stuff and more free to move forward. I hope so.
  4. muggsy Husqvarna
    A Class

Was just a debt restructuring issue .... GoFasters (who are now in charge of parts distribution) say that all is well and Gasgas made out very well. Hopefully they continue to grow stronger ! ..... Oh ... and I recently picked up a 2015 XC300e ! photo(7).JPG
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Never follow this company but I do follow a few high companies and there is always a reason why the M$s and Intels win or lose money .... Hightech guys along with most publicly traded companies are gonna be pretty open to the money flow to some degree .... With that in mind, how did this company lose this large sum of money? Bad sales? Bad product? Bad bet inside the company? When was the last profitable yr?
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Well they did endure some very bad decisions about the bike (frame and subframe, did not work well and weighed a lot) and messed it up in 2011 and hardly sold any bikes for a few years and had recalls. I'm sure this is part of it.
  7. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Debt sometimes takes a while to come back and bite the arse that feeds it.
    letitsnow likes this.
  8. Miezie666 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2x YZ 125, 1x YZ250 2005, XT600 2KF
    thats exactly why i did not bought a gasgas...

i loved the 1995 onwoards bikes so much- always wanted one!
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

The new ones are quite nice.
  10. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
  11. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    MAN THIS REALLY SUCKS WONDER IF AJP WOULD LIKE TO GET THEIR HANDS ON THAT 2T MOTOR EC250 POWERED PR5:applause: SIGN ME UP:thumbsup:
  12. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Come on....its a hiccup and there are 2015 gassers at dealers and the 15s are approximately 10 pounds lighter then a 12 and five pounds lighter then a 13 or 14....they will be back on track after this temporary hiccup.... Yes that engine in and ajp would be.much more.appealing then a 27 HP Chinese built engine! But they will be back in swing....I believe
  13. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yes in and effort to think outside the box they made a poor decision that both delayed production and gave people less confidence in purchasing and let's face it the 12 although it looked sweet was a heavy funny front feeling bad steering lock ect....I do prefer the ergos of the new chassis much better...let's not forget the poorly executed rear aka KTM brake pedal...and and airbox that allowed their own engine to run better in another bike.....probably the 05s and the.11s with the 48 mm zoke fork were the best gassers ever built! The 15s are on track but more items need to be addressed to save weight....still sweet bikes and you won't get any stupid jokes like did you pay more for that KTM with Husqvarna decals....all crap aside its chapter three no matter who owns it it ain't orange and it has the beloved crown that I have.worshiped for many years!! I'm sure I'll own a gasser again in the future! Bullet proof engines and awesome six speed!
    robertaccio and Kevin_TE250 like this.
  14. Erik Italhusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna Nuda 900R & SM630
    Sadly I think this is the end for GG. I don't think that any other European OEM will buy the company. It is not worth that much. They don't have the image (like Husqvarna) nor incredible tech or state-of-the-art factory. GG (and OSSA with them) has ended. I will be sad to see them go though. Still dreaming about this bike:

[IMG]

The market is getting thin guys. What is left?

KTM/Husqvarna
    TM
    Yamaha
    Suzuki
    Kawasaki
    Beta
    AJP
    SWM
  15. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    thin? the world enduro championship has 9 different moto brands competing this year , OK thinner. This G-G thing is a shame. Spanish industry was on the rise again....now it looks grim.
  16. Erik Italhusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna Nuda 900R & SM630
    Well yeah... KTM and Husqvarna are one and the same. GasGas is gone. The japs aren't making much. Beta/AJP are both still very small. TM is too expensive for the average rider. When I look around in my country I notice that 75% of the bikes are Orange... Thin wouldn't be the right word. The market is getting Orange.
    454x and Motosportz like this.
  17. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Well, at least the new KTMs look more Italian with red instead of Orange
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    unfortunately I think you are spot on. They have huge debt, are not a well known brand, cant seem to gain traction in the US after many years of trying. I personally like the brand but don't see it surviving this.
  19. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    but there so dominant in trials:confused:
  20. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Unfortunately they still only sell a few hundred trials bikes here in the US every year. It's sad, I have liked the gas gas bikes I have ridden and always enjoy looking at their new models. They sure can make a pretty bike.