Welcome to the forum! Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Coffee, Jul 24, 2008.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Welcome to riding a Husky bike and to the Cafe ... You can post many places of riding most of us will never see so feel free to post more riding pics or videos ...

Not sure what your gasoline is over there but if you guys use gas that has the ethanol mixture, the fuel system (injectors) is gonna clog up and cause numerous different issues IF you leave the bike sitting idle for a prolonged period of time. So, either ride the bike or at least start the engine weekly to flow to the fuel and keep the fuel system open. Next solution is to add some gas additive to help neutralize the ethanol issue or even drain the tank and fuel system by shutting off the gas and running the engine till it stops.

Some models have a bad time with the worm gear on the electric starter ... Not 100% sure that is on your bike but if it is, I'd suggest to be easy with the starter button... Easy meaning do not grind it like you do a car to start the bike. Many people live to ride a bike with an electric stater and life turns bad for them grinding away on an e-starter..

Good luck on your riding.
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Hi Rick and you have the dirt bike riding history so I'm sure you will make it on about any bike you choose IF you do not crash and stop your seat time ... That 449 bike is ~unique in a few ways, ESP the rear suspension .. Front forks are pretty mainstream ... Maybe you can do ride report on the bike after you feel a little comfortable on the bike ... The great state of NC has some pretty cool woods riding places I do believe :) Good luck and ride safe ...
  3. CastorCalogne Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1988/89 Husky-Cagiva WRK250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Decision? CR500AFX or new Husqvarna
    G'day all

Damn 1989 WRK250 love hate affair continued !

Waded through a mountain of junk to find my poor old girl covered in RAT shit and dust. 7 years worth.

being an 89 model it fits in vintage class. we have a tentative date in October.

Getting around smelling of castor again mmmm :D

Back to sourcing what seem to be impossible to find parts. Now I remember why I parked it before.

Richo

IMG_20150819_110733637.jpg IMG_20150825_184835563.jpg
    bigjon likes this.
  4. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    call Halls and theres that Cagiva guy on FB there out there you just gotta flip over alota rocks
  5. CastorCalogne Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cheers, been flipping rocks about 12 hrs a day. This addiction I regained is a beauty :D

May have found forks. These are the only bit keeping me off the bike. Everything else is serviceable. May not be pretty but no paint hiding its age ;)
  6. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
  7. CastorCalogne Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yeah my axle clamps had both cracked. So found a set of WP adjustable forks to either replace in Toto or just use the clamps/bottoms. Not cheap but desperation pushed the "commit to buy" button.
  8. chinski Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE300 2015
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW S1000R, Buell XB12s, BETA trials
    Hi everyone, just put a deposit down to buy a 2007 TE450 with only 470 kays on it, if all is ok after test ride i'll be buying it. only been riding dirt about 1 year on a YZ125 but been on road for nearly 10 years. Currently got a BMW S1000R for trackdays & fast road rides, a Buell XB12s for around town & twisty backroads & the YZ for dirt.

Looking to use the 450 for some local bush riding & being road registered i can head off from home down the road & into my local trails without having to load bike on a trailer everytime like the YZ, also will be getting a safari tank on it & heading away on camping trips all loaded up, already got all the bike camping gear from a postie bike ( Honda CT110 ) i built up for touring.

Dont know much about the huskys so here to learn & share stories / pics from rides , cheers ! chinski
  9. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    welcome aboard
  10. Brandon Morris Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none (considering a 96 te610)
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 125
    Hello, new member here from Southern Indiana. (near Louisville, KY for reference) I am supposed to be going tomorrow to look at a 1996 TE610 and, if all goes well, it will be my new (and first) dual-sport motorcycle. I am going to start a new thread in this forum to ask the more experienced members what areas / parts on the bike I should pay special attention to while inspecting the TE tomorrow, and would appreciate any advice they might offer. Any members within a 100 miles of this area, please feel free to PM me if you would like to get together and ride / wrench on our Husky's sometime. Wish me luck, and by this time tomorrow I might be the proud new owner of my first ever Husqvarna motorcycle.
  11. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    good deal luck wished :lol:
  12. badbwoi Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125 99'
    Greetings from Russia! Beeing interested anyone else from there? :)
    Colo moto likes this.
  13. ushkie Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Husqvarna TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2011 ktm 200 xcw
    Hello Cafe Husky,
    Name is cody. I'm from Edmonton Alberta Canada. started this summer off on a 2014 Husqvarna te250. Love the bike and wish I left the 4 stroke side of the sport along time ago FB_IMG_1442733689213.jpg
  14. badbwoi Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125 99'
    I and I

Attached Files:

lankydoug likes this.
  15. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com

Welcome! Yes, there are several other members from Russia here.
  16. MarkT Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1976 1/2 250CR x2
    Other Motorcycles:
    Several vintage Yamahas
    Hello- New here. My first brand new bike was a 1976-1/2 Husqvarna 250CR. Spent several years looking for one like it (and collected several Huskys in the process) I also bought a new 610 in the 90's. They were all sold several years ago when I had to move for my job. :banghead:

Anyway... was talking to Chayzed Pilot about a week ago and was kicking around the idea of building a "replica" of my original 76-1/2... on a whim, checked Craigslist and there was not one but TWO of the exact model for sale by the same seller. Both were very low mile and had been in inside storage for decades. Made a deal to buy both. :thumbsup:

Chayzed recommended joining here so here I am... (Thanks Scott!) I also see some names and bikes I recognize...

Still on "moderated" status which makes it hard to engage in posting so hopefully that will go away soon?

My first bike in front of Malcolm Smith's:

1976 Husky 250CR MS2.jpg

Recent find #1

DSCN2091.JPG

Recent find #2:

DSCN2099.jpg

Thanks for a great website. I am looking forward to being a part of it!
    CastorCalogne and 2wheeler like this.
  17. Burgo Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    92 Honda XR250
    Hi all!

New Husky owner after (finally) upgrading from my trusty old Honda XR250R and I'm loving my 2013 TE310R!

Awesome torque, quality components and ohhhhh baby....electric start! Worth the upgrade :)

Seriously loving my Husky and looking forward to spending more time riding her ;)

Love to connect with any Aussie BMW Husky owners out there.

Cheers!

Attached Files:

18. Timppa R Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna CR500 1985
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ490, Kawasaki KX500...
    Hello all!
    Thank you for accepting me to the forum. I have had Husqvarna`s since 80`s and last summer I purchased an 1985 500CR which was in plastic boxes, totally stripped down. The plan is to make a complete restoration for the bike. Other bikes I have are -90 KX500, -84 YZ490, -97 Honda CR500 and a couple more;) Is there any other guys from Finland?
    justintendo likes this.
  19. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    a few pics of the beast would be great!
  20. Timppa R Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna CR500 1985
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ490, Kawasaki KX500...
    I will post pictures in the near future.