TR650 Strada & TR650 Terra

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Ex HVUK, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I have ridden several bikes this motor comes from and i would not be worried about the transmission. The ones i rode would do off road EZ and also cruz EZ at 70 plus. This is going to be a very good light weight adventure bike.
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Sounds OK to me ...Are the guys gonna have some kind of grand opening announcements for these bikes other than the web stuff? These bikes need to be seen by the public out on the roads somewhere... The pics of the bikes out on the piers really set the bike off over the studio pics I thought...

Oddly or strangely , these bikes might be about perfect for here ... Same as the dirt bikes ..No need for fast speeds on the hardtop so tranny ratios are OK and no need for a larger fuel either == ~perfect bike ... 3-4th gear is about tops for me in the dirt...
  3. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    If the bike will do 75 mph all day with tolerable vibes it will suit me fine. I should ride my friends G650 to see what to expect; the TR shold not be all that different. Lots of long empty high speed roads here in Texas and out west. But then i rode my Yamaha WR250r from Oregon to Houston in 4 days at 65 to 70. Maxed out though. Need more ponies!
  4. SamM Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None yet
    My 950, a project bike and my 2009 KLX250S are all for sale now. I want the new TR650 Terra. Should have one by Christmas.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I rode this, same motor and would putt along at 75 bet it would go 100 EZ. Was a GREAT road bike and good enough dirt bike keeping in mind what it is.

[IMG]
  6. 72racerx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 WR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VFR800
    I don't know if this has been mentioned on here before, but on the Husky International site the Terra is listed with both a 21 & 17 or 21 & 18 wheel sizes.
  7. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Netteb16 and ray_ray like this.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Nice they seemed to love it...

Starting the day with the Terra was a pleasant surprise. Usually riding single cylinder trail bikes briskly on the road is a bit of an unpleasant experience. Long travel suspension and a 21-inch front and 17-inch rear wheel combined with off-road style tyres often makes for a wobbly and less than confidence inspiring ride - however the Terra was nothing like this. The inverted forks are understandably slightly soft, however they are far from squishy and you can really shift on the Terra, cornering far harder than you may expect for this kind of machine.

But good as the handling is, the motor is the real star of the show. The G650 GS engine isn’t the most exciting lump around – functional certainly, exciting probably not - but despite feeling a bit sanitised due to a lack of vibrations, the work Husky have done to the 652cc single has transformed it. The throttle response is still beautifully smooth and soft, but the engine now has some poke, lifting the front in first and even second with a good slip of the clutch and pull on the bars. On the road it merrily revs away and is an absolute hoot to ride. The throttle soon becomes something of an all or nothing switch, but it’s brilliant fun despite being far from intimidating.
    As this style of machine is aimed at newer riders there is certainly an element of the softly, softly, that isn’t found in a traditional Husky off-roader, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. In typical Husky fashion if you want to play silly things you can, if not then just enjoy the ride. And should you feel the urge to venture off-road you can, the TR is more than up for a little light trail riding. Due to its road nature the Husky is a bit top heavy thanks to 14 litres of fuel swooshing around, but if you want to head up a trail you certainly can on the Terra and simply holding down a button on the switchgear deactivates the ABS so you can skid it around until you heart’s content.
    Netteb16 and hudler like this.
  9. Mootak Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husky stopped by last night at the shop with a 650 Terra. Jason said "grab your helmet and take a ride" Downtown urban jungle called Everett was the test trail. Cool smooth power, leaning turns easy, brakes big and good. The motor does pull good and doesn't mind being run into the higher R's at all! Seemed like the kind of bike that is comfortable and easy to ride. Doesn't feel like you are trying a new wierd bike, but like one you have ridden many times. Can't wait to put some time on one. So I came away really impressed after a half hour ride on a new bike.

Later,
    Jeff Tasky
  10. hudler Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    They are starting to trickle into the NA marketplace, that is great. I have a price request into a shop about 8 hours from me, that is the closest Husky dealer...damn. Anyway on the bright side I will probably be the oly one with a TR 650 in my neck of the woods and I love to be different! Sounds like a nice easy bike to get started riding again! Looking forward to lots of ride reports as I will probably buy the bike without even seeing one in person...lol
    LandofMotards likes this.
  11. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    And you have a picture of you with the Terra on your site already!
    http://taskysmetriccycle.com

:cheers:
    ray_ray likes this.
  12. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

For what the MSRP is on those new 650s I bet you won't be the only one in your neck of the woods with one...;)
    they're priced as low as a Suzuki DRZ400 :eek:
    I think we are about to see a LOT more huskys EVERYWHERE ! :applause:
    ray_ray likes this.
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  14. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    THEY ARE HERE ! look aloyt like BSA441 Victor 449 511 SKID PAN 101.jpg 449 511 SKID PAN 098.jpg 449 511 SKID PAN 100.jpg 449 511 SKID PAN 102.jpg 449 511 SKID PAN 103.jpg 449 511 SKID PAN 099.jpg 449 511 SKID PAN 104.jpg 449 511 SKID PAN 100.jpg
  15. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    That really is a great looking bike. Can't wait to see one in person!
  16. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    WE just all took a nice easy 1 mile spin,its really nice,cant wait to get our demo in Monday,we are already eyeballing Jardine exhast for it.Everyones going to love this bike.No adjustments on the Sachs forks,but will make a great dual sport.
  17. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Looks like they used up all the remaining parts from the old G650X that were in the warehouse. I owned a G650 and can see a ton of similarities. Especially the controls. They are all BMW parts. Bars, front brakes, grips etc.... all right off the G650.
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Very smart, no need to redesign stuff you already have on the shelf that works and then you can offer bikes at 7000... brilliant. Also sounds like from the reviews they did a great job upgrading what needed upgraded. Slimmer bike with a lot more fun power.

Very good looking bike. I bet this is going to be a HUGE winner. Salivating and need one ASAP to begin the build.

Thanks for posting Bill :thumbsup:
  19. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I never meant it was a bad thing. Just an observation. I really liked my G650X, other than the goofy air shock.
  20. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    In general, how long does the engine last compared to a 2006 TE610? I keep looking at this bike and while I do understand there is a market, I don't understand in what why it is better than some of what Husqvarna previously produced...
    jtemple likes this.