TR650 Strada & TR650 Terra

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Ex HVUK, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

You know, the more I look at the Strada...the more it does look somewhat Chinhindu...:(

I do like the Terra though, as a laid back "light" adventure bike...obviously not a TE/SM replacement
    organ donor likes this.
  2. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Those last pics show pretty well ... why I donĀ“t really like those bikes.
  3. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

Nice to see they're finally competeing with the KLR!!! Go BMW!! Thanks for losing my 300lb. 50hp. awesome fun bike!!!
    Nelson Yaple likes this.
  4. skywalker951 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I rode these bikes 3 years ago, it was a dakar 650 and x country. O sorry, that was a bmw open house. I will never buy these great looking bikes for the same reason I did not buy a bmw. A vibrating 5 speed. I will kept my 08 te610.
  5. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    These aren't the same bikes. Different frame and the engine has been modified. And FWIW, the 610 is a vibrating 6 speed.
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I saw a pic of a 013 klr 650 .. it was a stone age looking bike, something made to follow a tank down a muddy road in the 1940s, and had a ridiculous small cheap looking fairing on it that looked like it was tossed on as the bike was leaving the parking lot ...
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Totally agree. Just like saying the G450X is the TE449/511... it is not. I had a freind who rode the G450X many times and rode my 511 and said he can't believe these are even based on the same bike. Hated the 450 and LOVES my bike.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yep.
  9. IdahoRenegade Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250R
    I'm interested. Not sold, but interested. I'm looking for a dirt-oriented "adventure" bike, something to toss the Giant Loop on and head to the backcountry. Fairly light, enough so to feel spirited on the dirt, but enough power to handle long uphill grades and headwinds on pavement without loosing too much speed. Last year I had a DR650. In many ways the Terra seems like an upgraded version of that bike. More HP, FI, more up to date suspension. But still saddled with a 5 speed and too much weight! Late last year I traded for a WR250R. Love the ride, handling and motor, and it's lugged my overweight azz over many thousands of miles of mountain roads and trails in the last year. Just got back from a 1600 mile camping trip, 75% dirt. In the dirt, I loved it, enough power for me...but not so much on the steep mountain grades, headwinds and 8000 foot altitude of central Montana.

The Terra looks close, so close. Get the weight down to 330 lbs wet max, add a 6 speed with a low 1st and overdriven highway gear and bump the tank to 4.5 gallons (250 mile range) and they would have the perfect bike for me.

I had the chance to ride a TE-610. Very nice...but more vibration than what I want for my kind of riding. Not saying it isn't great and perfect for many, just not quite where I want to be.
  10. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I think these are great! I decided to look at do it all bikes due to maintenance and being honest with myself. Round trip to work Is 100 mile with about 15 on dirt roads. I dream of real trails and Supermotard but I really enjoy riding to work. I really hope they bring these to the states.
  11. Huskyfly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Looking for my next Husky......
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Africa Twin, 2013 TE310
    You almost described a TE 630 above.

Whoever can build a 350lbs, 5 gallon fuel tank, good fuel economy, some wind protection and the ability to carry a load will get A LOT of business from all over the world. The talk is that Yamaha and Honda are seriously looking into this and if Husky wants to keep the momentum they need to be first on the market with this.
  12. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Where are the articles for the Yamaha and Honda?
  13. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    The hogs ate'em .... :)
  14. IdahoRenegade Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250R
    I hope someone really does something along those lines. Hopefully Husky, but I'm not brand loyal. I'd really like to see Yammie grow the WR250R into a WR450R. 320 or so wet, 45-50 HP, mild off road suspension for us old guys, 6 speed and a motor as smooth as the 250s. With 3000 mile oil change interval and 26k mile valve lash check, just like the 250 Would be perfect for my wants.
    jtemple likes this.
  15. rt3856 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011TE449
    I would like to see the pricing.
    My 449 takes care of my serious dirt needs so this would fill a gap.
    JUst need to know how much so I can get the wife on board with a new bike.
  16. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    My wife always says yes to bikes because she knows I'm a wuss lol
  17. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    That's exactly what I want.
  18. Huskyfly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Looking for my next Husky......
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Africa Twin, 2013 TE310
    Inside talk with people at both.....no names and no articles......but they both know. "Expect something within two years" seems to be the closest anyone is saying.

I'm like you guys, if Yamaha built at WR450R......everyone else could go packing home. The WR250R is a bullet proof machine needing just oil changes. I would love to have this in a Husky, I love the brand.
  19. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    it would still be just a Yamaha. Not to mention too tall.
  20. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Huskies are thoroughbreds ...They'll never be like the plow-horse machines you are trying to compare them to ...

These machines here, the Strada and Terra bikes, are so far past the suz and klr they are being compared to, the thoroughbred in the Huskies really comes forth and to the forefront ...

Nothing wrong with riding a plow horse but please, its a plow horse ...