TR 650 Terra from Germany

Discussion in 'TR650' started by risinqsun, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Newfoundlander Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra

WHat front fender is that? I really want the low fender setup on my Terra.
  2. Matt Crawley Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra
    It's the one from the Strada.
    Matt
  3. risinqsun Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Matt already said it :)
    If you would take your time and go back a page, you'll even find instructions on how I mounted it to the Terra forks.

Greetings from Germany
    Newfoundlander and Matt Crawley like this.
  4. risinqsun Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    So guys, next week thursday the trip starts!
    A few things to do until then..

After upgrading my Headlight with the LED H4, I wasn't that satisfied with the way the reflector actually threw the light. I got my hands on a projector lens with high AND low beam in one lens, e-certified. It's made by Shin Yo. I bought it through brand4bikes.de. There are some similar, but I chose the best one out of them. The lenses with high and low beam in one are only certified with halogen bulb. But there are the some models with only high OR low beam and a integrated LED bulb. Don't ask me why they make such a difference with dual purpose lenses, but f**k it. I got myself a fitting H1 LED bulb. This thing got about 9000 lumens. That's a lot.. the H4 only had about 3200..

I opened up the original headlight by slowly heating it in the oven. After that, I removed the glass and widened the hole to fit the lens in. Then, I painted the reflector and glued the lens in.
    My first try looked like that:

[IMG]

I loved the clean look, but unfortunately, the lens was sticking out way to far on the back end. No way I could have gotten the headlight back on without moving the whole unit about 10cm away from my steering head. Which would have looked idiotic.

After a few minutes of frustration about why I didn't have a look at the clearance before glueing instead of thinking "hm, i'll make it fit somehow", I cut out the lens again. Because the whole powdercoated case was full with glue, I had to sand it down and repaint it. Then, I put the most of the lenses body inside the reflector rather than just sticking the lens through the hole.

This worked out great. I like the look of it.

[IMG]

Even with the new version, I had to move the upper mounting point about 2-3cm. Pardon me for the bad solution, it was just made to take a quick test ride. I need to make a proper peace to stabilize the headlight unit from shaking from left to ride due to missing grip on the fork triple. But I really like the whole unit in this position. The whole cockpit seems "bigger". And I have full sight on my speedo now (which I hadn't before through my smartphone case mounted to my handlebars).

[IMG]

[IMG]

The light output is MASSIVE! I love the clear dark/bright line (see pictures on next thread).

Because I kinda destroyed the transparent headlight cover while trying to sand some deep scratches, I'll make a small cover out of acrylic glass.

I'm pumped to hear some comments about that.

As always, Greetings from Germany
    DeLewis and Matt Crawley like this.
  5. risinqsun Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
  6. Clete Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '01 CR/WR 250, '13 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '06 Suzuki SV650 (gone)
    Wow, good job! You probably have one of the "tricker" TRs.
    What is the top light? The daytime running light? It looks super bright as well.
  7. risinqsun Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Thanks! :)

Do you mean the top one in my headlight or the light shine on the wall?

The upper bulb is the parking light. There's a LED inside, too.

The upper shine on the wall is my high beam.

Greetings
  8. risinqsun Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Okay guys, the trip starts on friday. Bike's now ready. Tomorrow is packing day.

I got my headlight cover in an acceptable state, mounted the windshield to my headlight unit, installed my high fender and some neoprene covers for my fork seals because I don't trust the original covers. and did a few other little mods.

Tomorrow, I'll post some pictures with all the gear up.
    Until then, enjoy the pics from today:

IMG_20170705_213112.jpg IMG_20170705_213116.jpg IMG_20170705_213128.jpg IMG_20170705_213142.jpg
  9. Clete Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '01 CR/WR 250, '13 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '06 Suzuki SV650 (gone)
    i meant the upper light in the assembly. That must be a LED, its super bright.
  10. risinqsun Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Sorry for the long time no hear..
    I had some very intense month of adventure riding.. And I'm going for some more.. In between, I got a gopro, so I've got plenty of footage.
    When the weekends get more calm, I'll take my time to post some nice descriptions, plenty of pictures and some vids!
    Other than that, I recently started having slipping issues with my clutch (I'm at around 36000 km now).. Any ideas? Oil is recommended Castrol Power 1 10W-50, its around 5-6000km old.
    Greetings from germany,
    Flo
    FabOneUp likes this.
  11. FabOneUp Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 KTM 450 XC-W '11 BMW R1200GS
    Looking forward to the pics and the vids! Throw the stock clutch in the trash and reap all the benefits of a Rekluse.
  12. risinqsun Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    So guys, I guess the pics/vids will have to wait till winter, I'm busy now with exams and stuff.
    But there are some other news..

I got a few new things:

-handguards
    -28mm handlebars
    -touratech pannier rack
    -nomadic rack
    -panniers and tank bag from enduristan
    -rebuild my license plate holder and rear end under brake light
    -mounted other mirrors because mine constantly ripped around when crashing offroad

Some quick pics and then we're getting to the real news:

IMG_20171114_105413.jpg IMG_20171114_105541.jpg IMG_20171114_105707.jpg IMG_20171114_105828.jpg

Now to the REAL news:

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/rally-fairing-and-other-accessories.88010/

Greetings from Germany,

Flo