TR 650 Terra from Germany

Discussion in 'TR650' started by risinqsun, Dec 30, 2016.

1. duibhceK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    TRX850; WR450F; XT660Z Tenere

I'v sent you a PM ;)

Thanks for the link. I've ordered from Louis before, they have pretty good shipment services to Belgium and a shop in Aachen which is only about 1hr away for me. So if I decide to get the screen, I don't think help will be needed. Appreciate the offer though.
  2. risinqsun Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Thanks man, I already replied.

No problem. The windshield is by far the best looking in my opinion.. Didn't like the ones shown in the forum.. And through the fact that it's mounted on the handlebars, it's very stable!
    And the price is pretty good also.
  3. Phloxxxx Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Tr 650
    Hey risininq sun,
    not sure if that still reaches you... I've never posted something in this forum so far... I've only been a passive user until now. ;)
    Well, now I had to reply after all since it seems we have
    some similarities...I'm from the very north of bavaria, I exactly share your age and I've also done some of the changes to my Terra that you did to yours.
    I rode mine to the Italian Alps twice and to the south of France and the maritime Alps once so far. I might find the Time to upload some Images one day...
    Sadly its not rideable currently due to a little crash I had I while ago ;) Parts are ordered though...
    have a good one:cheers:
    PaulC likes this.
  4. gullywasher Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ6, Beta 300RR
    No worries. Lots of Americans and Aussies on here. So none of us speak English too well, grammatically speaking!

The bike looks great. I really like the black touches. Welcome aboard!
  5. risinqsun Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra

I'm sorry that I didn't reply earlier.. I'm currently moving in a new appartement, so a lot of stuff is going on.. Had no time for my bike the last few weeks. But I'll start putting her back together in the next few days..
    I'll send you a PM - hope we'll get in touch! :)

And thanks gullywasher!
    I'm so pumped to get my new design finished for the bike and put it on.. I guess you guys will love it!

Until then, as always:

Greetings from Germany,

Flo
  6. risinqsun Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    So guys,

finally some news..

Put my Terra back together, had the first few rides with it, everything seems normal. So I guess I've done everything right :D

Got her a new chain kit (DID VX2 with german quality sprockets) and a few other service related things. And there's a new part on the Terra which I stole from a Strada..
    Who can find it? :)

IMG_20170409_182001.jpg

I made the holes in the fender a little longer to get the whole thing lifted a few mm..
    It even cleared before that, but it was noticeable that the tyre hit the fender a few times (probably while hitting speed bumps and stuff).

IMG_20170409_182008.jpg
    IMG_20170409_182014.jpg
    IMG_20170409_182023.jpg

Furthermore I'm currently into designing the final decals and getting them ready..
    Switched up the planned colors from blue/grey/white-ish camouflage to red/military green/grey/sand.. My clothing is grey/sandish with the NEXX XD1 plain desert.. So I hope it'll look dope once finished..

Until then,

enjoy riding gentlemen :)
    PaulC and FabOneUp like this.
  7. risinqsun Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
  8. duibhceK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    TRX850; WR450F; XT660Z Tenere
    looks really nice! :thumbsup:

But won't the lower fender hit the high fender on big bumps? When riding in muddy conditions the clearance between the fender and the tyre might be a little bit too tight.
    I'm curious because I was planing to use a low Strada fender with a 21 inch Terra wheel as well.
  9. risinqsun Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    I don't think so.. Should be enough space between high and low fender...
    About the mud.. I'll report when in said situation :)

For more clearance, you have to put a aluminium flatbar at every single fixation point to rise the fender... That fucks up the optics in my opinion..
    That's why the clearance is so tight on my fender.. :)

Greetings from Germany
  10. Cyntax Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra, 900R Nuda
    Other Motorcycles:
    MG V50 NATO III
    Beautiful motorcycle risinqsun, my compliments! If you don't mind, I just ordered the same screen from louis.de because I am not really happy with the OEM screen. All the aftermarket screens I have found untill now didn't really fit my taste, they had too many similarities with the screen on my grandmothers bicycle. But the one from Louis really suit the looks and lines of the TR650!
  11. risinqsun Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    I like compliments :D I feel confirmed in my ideas!
    Go ahead, I still love my windshield. Same situation as you, I didn't like any other option.. If you find a better way to mount it than mine, feel free to share! I'm still not a 100% satisfied about how my steering bar is full of stuff.
    Until then,

Greetings!
  12. Cyntax Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra, 900R Nuda
    Other Motorcycles:
    MG V50 NATO III

Thanks! Yea, I'm going to look for another way to mount it this weekend because the stock mounting hardware wont fit on my bar anyways. It is already cramped on the bar because I changed the crappy OEM one to a Rizoma bar that is way stronger but a bit narrower. I will post the results if I can find another way to mount it.
  13. FabOneUp Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 KTM 450 XC-W '11 BMW R1200GS
    Nice work Flo! Have you spent much time with the NEXX XD1? It is the best helmet I have ever owned. On my ride this weekend, my buddy was extremely jealous of it. How is the TT seat working out? What are you going to do about luggage racks?
  14. risinqsun Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    I don't fully understand why the stock mounting stuff won't fit? The OEM bars have a 22.2mm diameter if I'm thinking correct here.. How can the Rizoma be narrower? Or isn't there enough space on the bar itself? Full with other stuff? :D
    I'm really interested in your work, so let me know!

Thanks!! :) I only bought it two weeks ago, but since then, I've almost ridden it every day.. (to work and some smaller trips) and I'm very happy. I wanted it since last summer, so.. :D I like the modularity of this helmet.. with all the gear coming with it.. and I love the idea of the NEXX COM.. I'll buy one in a few weeks.. and of course, relatively quiet and, what's important to me, the visor is 100% shut, so no wind is coming through. Was a big problem on my past ONeal Sierra.. I'm wearing contact lenses and the wind dried my eyes faster than I could blink.

I'm pleased with the TT seat.. I bought it before heading out for my summer trip to france.. After riding several hundred kms a day, many parts of my body were hurting, but my bottom end was fine :D The seating position is a bit different and you got a nice mold to put your butt in.. Much better support when accelerating. The effect is even bigger for the passenger, in my case my girlfriend. She sais that it's a biiig difference between oem and the TT one..

Today I rode a quick evening trip (with my girlfriend up) around 100km and we watched the sunset on one of the higher mountains in my area..
    But see for yourself.

IMG_20170411_200941 (1).jpg
    IMG_20170411_201007.jpg

Greetings from Germany
    mag00, nev.., FabOneUp and 1 other person like this.
  15. Rapid Dog Husqvarna
    AA Class

Really curious about the Strada fender. I'm looking for one right now if there's anybody out there.

I want to experiment with streamlining the the airflow.
    I went from a low to a high fender on my KTM 950A and went back to the low after finding the effect to be instability.
    Pretty sure the high Terra fender is a contributor.

At any rate, you elongated the lower holes, what about the strap that goes from the lower fork to the fender?
    Did you make longer straps? Are they steel?
    The whole thing looks a bit spinldy to begin with, but nothing a little creative engineering won't fix ;)

[IMG]
  16. Cyntax Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra, 900R Nuda
    Other Motorcycles:
    MG V50 NATO III
    So I just installed the windscreen on my TR and I have to say it is pretty nice like this. I connected the screen to the handguard frame with the use of some brackets.
    IMG_4821.JPG IMG_4814.JPG
    dolphinhq and PaulC like this.
  17. Rexer Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Hello.

You have a nice modified licence plate holder. Did you do it yourselve or where did you order it?

Thank you.
  18. risinqsun Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    I'm so sorry to answer that late, the subscription of my own threads is gone.. So I didn't get any notification.

I drove that thing the past few weeks (I removed the Terra fender completely) and I do feel a difference in high speed stability!
    Yes, the holes are elongated.

The original Terra Fork Covers are only fixated with 2 screws and aren't connected to each other, so the Terra fork has no strap.
    The strap is selfmade out of some aluminium piece I bent the right way. It might not look that stable, but because of the bent shape it's very sturdy.
    Didn't have any problems with it.

Hope it still helps, altough my answer is a little late..

First: Man, I loooove this headlight cover and the led beams.. Nice stuff, really! Your way of mounting is even better, but I don't have handguards with frames. And over the months, I got used to the way the screen sits. Actually I'm pretty happy with it.

Thanks buddy :) The license plate holder itself is a universal one from my old GSX-R 750.. I cut the rear fender under the seat lock (under the rear light).
    I drilled holes where I wanted to sit my plate holder.. I took the rear fairings off and built some brackets from frame to drilled holes to strengthen the plate holder.

For plate light, I used some universal LED license plate strip :)

Last weekend, a guy I met online through my husky thread came to visit me with his own terra and we rode some of my favourite pieces of road in my area (northern black forest).
    On the picture you can see that I removed the terra fender completely (as said above). Instead, I put the strada thing under the headlight. But because I didn't like these sharp edges on it, I shortened it quite a bit. This way, the headlight is still held pretty good, but the ugly part is gone. Man, I really love how my terra turned out with my modifications!

IMG_20170520_181637.jpg

Greetings to everybody and again, sorry for the delayed answers..
  19. risinqsun Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    I finally installed some LED headlight...
    IMG_20170601_135253.jpg
    IMG_20170601_181259.jpg
    IMG_20170601_181304.jpg
    Aaand, I'm currently setting up my Husky for a longer trip through the alps.
    So here's a new USB-Charger with shut off function (while lid is closed).
    IMG_20170601_173158.jpg
  20. risinqsun Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    And here you can see pictures of my latest trip (saturday) through northern black forest:
    IMG_20170603_174102.jpg IMG_20170603_184153.jpg IMG_20170603_193931.jpg IMG_20170603_194807.jpg
    As always, Greetings from Germany
    nev.. and LED like this.