TR 650 Terra from Germany

Discussion in 'TR650' started by risinqsun, Dec 30, 2016.

1. risinqsun Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Hey guys,

I just wanted to introduce myself and show off my Terra as it look's quite a bit different..

My name is Florian (call me Flo) and I'm a 22 years old dude from germany. I'm into bikes since 16 and after owning some sportbikes I decided to go a different route this time as my priorities changed. I bought the Terra in June 2016 with around 16tkm. The preowner did some changes like heated grips, a skip plate and a 12V supply.

After giving it a full service including valve clearance and stuff, I started modifying..
    The actual state:
    -universal windshield (in my opinion it fits perfect to the bike's shape, kind of modern, strong lines)
    -KTM Handguards (same as with the windshield)
    -Mirrors from a Kawasaki Z750 (dito..)
    -Handlebar Risers
    -Touratech Seat
    -Crashbars
    -cargo rack
    -Custom Braces to support the cargo rack
    -modified licence plate holder
    -relocated aftermarket front indicators (fitted into body panels)
    -aftermarket rear indicators
    -aftermarket led license plate light
    -painted rims, rear panel
    -ultra heavy duty tubes with Continental TKC 70
    -smaller stuff like relocating some wires, eleminating the kickstand switch, modifying the air temperature sensor..

and still on my wishlist:
    -steering damper
    -custom body panels (the red ones are going to get a blueish/grey/white camo like foil)
    -oehlins fork cartridges and a touratech rear damper
    -solid cargo rack (that stock abs plastic rack is shitty..)
    -maaybe the gpr double exhaust system.. I still don't know, I quite like the stock ones
    -custom led driving light (similar to the KTM Adventure Bikes)

I think that's about it.. I guess I forgot half of the stuff :D

Now some picture of the current state (except of the touratech seat) and my trip to southern france

IMG_20161217_145926.jpg
    IMG_20161217_145952.jpg
    IMG_20160821_121239.jpg
    IMG_20161217_150019.jpg
  2. risinqsun Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
  3. risinqsun Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
  4. risinqsun Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
  5. Ziggy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Welcome aboard Flo.

It's a great bike. You're setting it up well.

You would be wise to improve the air filtration. There's lots of posts about this.
  6. nev.. Terrarist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 XT1200ZE
    Welcome to the forum Flo. You are lucky to find the terra after only 6 years of riding! It took me 22 years :)
  7. Ziggy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
  8. Ziggy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
  9. Ogre_fl Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Tiger 1050
    What is this?

[IMG]
  10. Ziggy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    At a guess an electrical switch mounted on the oil return line.
  11. CarstenB Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    switch for the heated grips i'd say
  12. duibhceK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    TRX850; WR450F; XT660Z Tenere
    Welcome Flo. Whereabouts in Germany are you?

That screen is pretty big, but its style does suit the bike. I saw a Puig logo on it, but can you share which model it is?
  13. risinqsun Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    @Ziggy: Thanks for the props, man :) I'm currently thinking about doing the mod.. And thanks again for those links.. The one in advrider I already knew, studied all of it.. And I looked through all pages in the TR thread in this forum.. Just don't want to miss anything.. I'll check out austouring aswell.

@nev: Yes man, that thing is great. There's one thing I hate about it and that's the clonk noise from my forks.. I'll adress that problem some time in the nearest future..

@Ogre: yep, that's the switch for my heated grips.. :D The preowner mounted it right in the middle of my handlebars.. looked like shit.. I wanted that thing out of sight.

@duibhceK: I'm from the southern area, from Karlsruhe.
    It is indeed pretty big, but most of the time I ride around with my tankbag.. So it appears smaller.. And man, that thing is so nice when riding above 80km/h.. Before I had that, I had to hold on to the handlebars pretty good.. Now, you could relax at 170km/h.. if there weren't high speed wobbles.. But again, this will be adressed by getting a steering damper soon.

I'm very pleased with all the welcoming and it gives me the kicks to get positive feedback.. I already spent lots of hours doing that stuff.. and therefore it's great to see some appreciation..

And please pardon if there are some grammatical faults.. Most of my knowledge in the english language is based on self education.. :)
  14. duibhceK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    TRX850; WR450F; XT660Z Tenere

That's a good base for weekend rideouts to the Schwarzwald, the French Vosges, and even the Mosel and Eifel. :thumbsup:
    Our Terras are in the general neighbourhood at least twice a year for a visit to the summer and Fall HU Meetings near Kaiserslautern.

Any chance you can dig up the part number for that screen?
  15. isldtime Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 STRADA
    Other Motorcycles:
    2002 Ural Tourist
    Nice bike Flo!
    Ya know what, that thing has Strada mufflers on it! The P.O. did a TON of stuff to your bike!!
    (could have used that center stand today working on mine)
  16. CarstenB Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    those are the stock mufflers on all TR650 outside of the US (not sure about Canada). Only here the Terras seem to have spark arrestors.
    glitch_oz likes this.
  17. risinqsun Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    @duibhceK: Yep, it's perfect. I often take rides into the black forest, it's great.. last few years changed a bit, lot more police showing up.. But still, one of the more impressive areasto ride through!
    That would be totally sweet! I'll send you an PM with my contact info, this way we'll stay in touch, how about that?
    And I'm very sorry about the windscreen, I just forgot it :D Here's the link ofthe distributor I got it from: https://www.louis.de/artikel/puig-t...list=266207714&filter_article_number=10009495.
    If you've got problems ordering one, we can talk about me buying one and sending it to belgium.

@isldtime: Thanks for the props! Yep, the preowner did stuff. But I think the mufflers are stock.. he painted them black :rolleyes: and it took me a while to scrub all the paint of with nitro thinner (is that what it's called in english? :D)

@CarstenB: Could be that there were spark arrestors, but they aren't there anymore..
  18. risinqsun Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    @duibhceK: Am I too dumb to find it or isn't there a private messaging function implemented?
  19. glitch_oz Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada
    Just leftclick the name to want to send a msg to, then chose : Start a conversation
    Different name, same thing
  20. risinqsun Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra

I got none such thing.. There is only three options: Profile Page, Follow and Ignore. I guess I have to reach a certain amount of posts until it gets unlocked..