Tire testing with Tubliss

Discussion in 'Common Items on Husqvarnas: Tires/tubes/grips/etc' started by Chums, Aug 13, 2015.

1. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Thanks, I was wondering how much a Fatty weighs. Not surprised it's a lil heavy, that's a lot of tire.
    Yeah, weight conscious and on a low budget ATM. All the tires I listed are $30-40 less than yours :rolleyes: But maybe you're doing some pavement ??
  2. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I just took off a Sedona 907 after a crazy long time. I ran it for the life of 2 soft motocross tires and then squared the knobs up with a knobby knife and it was like new again for another tire life. I took it off yesterday because I wanted to replace my 1st generation Tubliss that I had bought in 2010. The knobs are tall and beefy so I'm going to knobby knife the other side of the knobs and save it for the future when I'll turn the tire around to run in the other direction. I'll be running an AT81 in the mean time.
    NCSteve and juicypips like this.
  3. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    pavement? yeah... about a mile and a half out of my driveway before I hit some very sweet single track. weirdly, I was calculating mileage (dirt vs. street) and actually more than 10% my mileage is asphalt (I was blown away)- but by time it's almost nothing: 97-98% dirt. wow.

I don't race anymore- and if you're not a tire-spinner, trials tires are great. been a believer in the psuedo-trials tires for a long time now (I don't like the feel of radial trials tires... and you can NOT run flat on 'em. The Pirelli is no problem, and the Mtn Hybrid I don't even know I have a flat half the time.

I have the weight of the Fatty recorded, so I just looked it up: 10.41lbs wow.

are you aware of this thread on TT: http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1085207-list-of-tires-with-their-weight/
  4. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    I'd still like to try a Fatty, but man that's heavy. Thanks for that link, I hadn't seen that. Good info. Seems IRC and Pirelli and maybe the new Michelins are generally lightest. I was looking at specs at DK and noticed a lot of Pirelli tires for under $60! Thinking to order a front to try. I'm still running tubes on the front with Tubliss on the rear of both Huskys.
  5. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    Same here re tubliss rear n tube up front.
    With a flat front tyre ive never had it de bead but a flat rear have had it come off the rim.
  6. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Well at 20 hours the Sedona 887 is suffering from the abuse, but still works surprisingly well. Noticeable loss of acceleration and braking traction, but still usable. Still works great in rocks and on the hardpack, rocky fireroads, but now sliding and spinning too much in anything loose or wet. I liked it, guess I got my monies worth. IRC VE33 is next, interested to see how it lasts on the 165.
    887IT-20hrs.jpg
    :cheers:
    Big Timmy, juicypips and Trenchcoat85 like this.
  7. DWK Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE501S
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, Rokon Trailbreaker
    I'm also running the Fatty on the front. Being an old, fat bastid who doesn't race, I'm not concerned about the weight. The front end of my 501 just holds on a lot better than it did with the factory tire over the Tubliss bladder.

Dave
    McKay likes this.
  8. jaxsplatt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '10 WR300, 2000 TE410
    Installed tubeless and a Bridgestone ED 12 gritty today after wrestling with tire irons and a broken ring finger playing basket ball with the kids Friday night..
    First tire change from the stock Michelin ( and I frighten HATE changing tires ) on the Te 300 and install of tubeliss
    followed to a T and after numerous YouTube moments, she is steady at 115 on the bead and 9 on the low pressure.
    Happy days so far and can't wait to heal the finger so we can go and break in the GRitty tire and see what it's like in the hills....
    Damn the finger

Attached Files:

NCSteve likes this.
  9. HS507 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yz450,crf150r,crf100f,crf50f
    I agree, tube front as low as 10. I use fatty gt216 now and my suspension works better at 13psi. Rear tubliss with mt16 at 8psi
  10. ptkatoomer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2020 ktm 300 xc-w, 2020 ktm 500exc
    Why not tubliss on the front as well? Some potential downside.....?
  11. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I run Tubliss front and back. The plus side to running the front is you can go down to 7 1/2 psi and get way better traction and zero pinch flats.
  12. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    I'm not opposed to Tubliss up front just haven't done it yet. Good tire and tube up front with 10-11 psi works well in the thick SE woods and holds up on the fast, rocky fire roads on my home loop too.
  13. HS507 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Not at all. I did on my yamaha but it seems 10-13 works better for me on the Goldentyre fatty and not needed, my rear is my power. Yes 7-8 on front is better traction for me but only for serious heavey mud and slow texhnical riding in spring but if im getting speed across harder parts or rocky parts with mud i like 10-13. Im not opposed to it on my husky one day but for now its not needed, i dont get pinch flats. I tried both below 7psi and it works against me. So, after alot of testing on my husq, every bike/rider/location differs, 10-13front 8rear is magic.
    Rob578, MotoXImage and NCSteve like this.
  14. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Finally mounted VE33 100/90-19 on the 165 and confirmed weight @ 10 lbs. I've done 4 hours of my usual WFO fire roads and back woods rippin @ 8 psi and love this tire, especially with Tubliss.
    ve33 new.jpg

I liked the Sedona 887IT, especially the price, but won't get another. It worked well enough, but such a PITA to mount and even worse to remove. When I finally got it off I tossed it in the ditch and threw rocks at it for a while :rolleyes:
    reveille likes this.
  15. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    A question if I may. With Tublis pressure of circa 110/115 pounds, does it stay at that pressure for long or do you have to regularly top up pressure?
  16. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    well you need to check it before you ride
    NCSteve likes this.
  17. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Yeah, basically check before each ride. I'm on round 3 with Tubliss rears and seems pretty consistent for me that for a few rides after install bladder needs to be topped off every ride. After a few rides they hold the pressure. :cheers:
  18. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Mine hold pressure pretty good. Every Time you check it, you will loose around 15 psi since the volume of the tube is very small. I usually see a drop to 80 psi after 2 weeks of the bike sitting, which is a long time for me, jonesing to ride...
    NCSteve likes this.
  19. HS507 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    I see 10 drop in 2 weeks. 110 to 100
  20. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650