Tire testing with Tubliss

Discussion in 'Common Items on Husqvarnas: Tires/tubes/grips/etc' started by Chums, Aug 13, 2015.

1. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    I only run Tubliss rears so far. Like I've said before, haven't had a failure yet. In both bikes Tubliss is a few years old, but replaced both bladders once because they got roughed up or pinched mounting Sedona tires. Thought sure I'd have issues with the liner on the 300 because it's pretty beat, but working fine.

Hope you figure it out :cheers:
    MotoXImage and tonskiguy like this.
  2. ptkatoomer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2020 ktm 300 xc-w, 2020 ktm 500exc
    Had this new one in for about a year, but nowhere near 100 hours, more like 40. Just took it out to change the tire for the upcoming Tecate enduro. The inner bladder had a wear spot right where the low pressure valve stem/rim lock was. I'd say the inner high pressure bladder was easily worn thru about half way.
    Definitely worth replacing that bladder sooner rather then later.
    BTW, decided to try that new nitromousse for this event ; regular for the front and soft for the rear. Nice to know zero chance for a flat.
    MotoXImage likes this.
  3. NH-JP 2nd Fastest Old, Slow Guy!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    1988 Honda Hurricane,
    Just thought I would share this product info.
    Saw this today for the first time, seems like a pretty good idea if it works.
    thumbnail-7.jpg
    thumbnail-6.jpg
    lankydoug, NCSteve and MotoXImage like this.
  4. ptkatoomer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2020 ktm 300 xc-w, 2020 ktm 500exc
    wonder if it's strong enough to go thru a thicker motorcycle tire?
  5. dirtybird Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    501FE
    Other Motorcycles:
    Need a couple more
    Newb, first post. What is recommended PSI for both dirt and occasional pavement, specifically as encountered on the AZBDR. I read all the previous posts and 10 PSI is highest value I saw.
  6. dirtybird Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    501FE
    Other Motorcycles:
    Need a couple more
    Maxxis Desert IT front and rear. BTW
  7. MotoXImage Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    2000 XR 400
    What tube type?
  8. dirtybird Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    501FE
    Other Motorcycles:
    Need a couple more

Tubliss
    MotoXImage likes this.
  9. dirtybird Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    501FE
    Other Motorcycles:
    Need a couple more
    too much information? or not enough? I just installed the Tubliss system on the Maxxis IT on my Husky 501FE. First ride in the dirt, I let the air way down. 8PSI estimated. Now I want to safely cover AZBDR segments that include pavement. I just cant find anywhere, the safe PSI for speeds up to 60MPH on pavement. I read the previous posts, but I dont believe this has been covered.
    Thank you!
  10. dirtybird Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    501FE
    Other Motorcycles:
    Need a couple more
    So, 15 PSI for pavement.
  11. MotoXImage Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    2000 XR 400
    Sure, 15 will work fine. Your 8 pound for off road should also be fine on those sharp AZ rocks. I'm not sure how many plys the Maxxis is but if it's 5 for the rear you should be fine. Just keep in mind that if you're far away from your bike it's a good idea to carry a 21" tube incase of a ripped tire or nail that goes thru to the bladder. Don't ask how I know.
  12. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    It clearly states that Tubliss is off-road only, so not a lot of recommendations for using on pavement I guess. Obviously the idea of the design is to increase traction by running low pressure on the tire side. I think the issue with using on pavement is heat build up, same is true with a mousse.

:cheers:
    MotoXImage and lankydoug like this.
  13. MotoXImage Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    2000 XR 400
    [IMG]
    Hey Steve, it's not a problem on pavement but yes, Mousse can have heat issues if riding on hot asphalt at high speeds for an extened time.
    The Not for Highway disclaimer is because it would take a lot of money to get it certified and would also increase the cost due to higher liability insurance. Haven't really even seen a tube that say's its for highway use either. I love my Tubliss set up but I have a friend that took his off. He had sealing problems. I changed his tire back to a tube while he was on vacation and the bead looked like Herman Munster put it on with car tire iron. Like most Tubliss problems, his problem was clearly installation related. Tubliss does very well in heat and because theres no friction between the tube and tire, it actually produces less heat.
    https://www.realtourpros.com/Other/Motorcycle/i-crcnn8T/A
    NCSteve and ptkatoomer like this.
  14. MotoXImage Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    2000 XR 400
    I bought it, I'm not sure so I'll be changing a tire soon and I'll test it out on the old one.
    ptkatoomer likes this.
  15. snbartley Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE450
    I see this is an older thread but thought I would chime in anyway. I purchased a FE350S a few months ago and have decided to try out the TuBliss setup. Have read all of the post here and feel I am up to the challenge. Going to use the slime technique from the beginning. Mounting up a Shinko 216MX fatty front and a Shinko 525 rear. Hopefully I have good success. Will add my findings once I get some time on them.
    gots_a_sol and flyingbob like this.