The iBeat Thread

Discussion in '610/630' started by DYNOBOB, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Special Ed65 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 BMW F800GSA
    Have you set up your TSP? that will be your first step before you start adjusting your COs

Ed
  2. txmxer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    future cr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yz 250, Drz 110, etc
    Yes I set the tsp with ibeat, but I keep seeing people mention setting tps 100.2 which I’m not sure how to do.

George at uptite mentioned to try 102 104 100 for CO settings and the bike won’t even idle with those.
  3. Special Ed65 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 BMW F800GSA
    here is a good video on setting your TPS, hope it helps. your 510's TPS should be set to 100.2% at WOT

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbAFI47DWko
  4. txmxer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    future cr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yz 250, Drz 110, etc

Thank You Sir, I will try this and report back. Coming from a carb'd 2 stroke to buying an efi 4 stroke that needs to be tuned properly has been a learning curve, thankful for the wealth of knowledge in here.
  5. XYooper906 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE-610
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 Triumph Tiger 800XC
    I had trouble getting Virtual XP to run on my laptop. So I purchased an old IBM Thinkpad running XP on eBay. Didn't spend much, I know it was under $50. I only use it for iBeat and it worked well!
    Eoin likes this.
  6. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    I got an old laptop as well. It lives in the workshop, just for ibeat and looking throigh PDF manuals.
    XYooper906 likes this.
  7. txmxer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    future cr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yz 250, Drz 110, etc
    TPS set to 100.2, still runs like ass unless the first CO setting is super lean and even then it’s not running great. Pretty over the bike at this point, thinking about waiting until November and just dropping it off to George at uptite. The bikes only got 150km on it and I can’t get it to run right.
  8. Special Ed65 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 BMW F800GSA
    Let us know what they found and the fix if you would. It might help someone out next time.
  9. txmxer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    future cr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yz 250, Drz 110, etc
    Will do, I’m not sure what else I could possibly try. The bike has 150 km on it, basically a brand new bike.
  10. Special Ed65 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 BMW F800GSA
    With the age of the bike and mileage, I would say it has been sitting for a while. I would start with the injector make sure it has a good flow, maybe check timing, and these are known for coolant temperature sensor issues, that's easy to check with the iBeat program. These thing can be temperamental but once you get them figured out they do run good.
  11. apoikos Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '08 TE610ie
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 KTM 1290 SA
    My bike suddenly quit on me a couple of blocks away from home and wouldn't start. Pushed it back to the garage where it fired up and seemed to work fine (of course!). I'm planning a week-long off-road trip and didn't want to have any doubts about the bike, so I drained the tank and inspected the fuel pump (which looked good). Then my OBD cable arrived and hooked it to iBeat which showed 7 historical occurrences of code 2180 "Ignition Open Circuit". Then I pulled the coil out, measured the primary winding OK at 5Ω and the secondary seems indeed to have failed with an open circuit. Given that the ECU is connected directly to the primary winding which was within spec, does anyone know whether it would be able to detect an open circuit at the secondary winding, or should I start inspecting the primary winding connectors and wires on the loom as well?
  12. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    Can anyone direct me to a copy of iBeat? Bike just died, will not restart....fuel pump appears to be running. Need to do some troubleshooting.
  13. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA
    look at the initial pages of this tread. you can download it
  14. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
  15. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:

FYI - most of the old links are dead
  16. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    I can try and get it emailed over to you if you pm your email address.
  17. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I appreciate your help......I think I have a good copy, will let you know.
  18. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
    No need, just use Oracle VM VirtualBox on any later version of Windows, there are plenty easy to follow YouTube instruction video's to help you get it up & running
  19. clumsy_culhane Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLR650 (sold in Argentina)
    Hi guys,

I know I'm very late to the game on this one. I have a 2011 TE630 I'm trying to connect to iBeat, and not having much luck!

I have the blue KKL VAG-COM that everyone else is using, and I also picked up the Lonelec cable (https://www.lonelec.co.uk/Motorbike-OBD-Diagnostic-Cables/component/Husqvarna-6pin-OBD2-Adaptor), as I tried doing it myself and had the same issue, so I was hoping a proper cable would fix things.

Running a fresh windows XP install on VirtualBox on a macbook, drivers install fine and device appears in device manager. Every time I try to connect in iBeat it fails with "Communication Stops". I've tried a bunch of different drivers, windows XP on Parallels , to no avail.

Has anyone else had similar problems? I've read every thread on here and most people seem to get caught on the cable step, which I think I have resolved. My only other option at this point is to run a virtual XP on my PC and drag that to the garage, but I dont see why VirtualBox on a mac would change anything!
  20. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    I just bought an old Dell laptop with XP installed for £50. It works perfectly.