The iBeat Thread

Discussion in '610/630' started by DYNOBOB, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    My parts to fab up a cable should be here today, I'll let you know how my efforts work out
    WoodsChick likes this.
  2. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
    How do you match COM with MacBook? you go to device manager with a windows machine, you need to match the COM with virtual machine & the Mac/PC. You need to attach USB in the tab at the top of the screen as well. Im running ibeat on a Windows 7 Pro laptop in Virtual XP.
  3. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Could never get my homemade cable to work. I ordered the adapter and OBD II cable from
    https://www.lonelec.co.uk/ took about a week and a half to receive it
    Installed this driver on an old Dell Laptop running Windows XP
    FTDI CDM Drivers 2.08.24
    Set the Comm ports to match and Viola!!! it works!.
    WoodsChick and Eoin like this.
  4. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    Quick question. I adjusted my 630 using @dynobob's setting and it runs well, but now I want to set up my TE 250. Because it has a 300 conversion (I think), I'm getting it checked / setup on a dyno. The question is about updating the CO with the engine running as I've not done this before. Can I connect, then start up and adjust CO on the go - do the updates stick if done like this so as soon as I change the CO the fuel is modified and the AFR will see the difference immediately?
  5. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    According to the manual the engine has to be running to be able to change the settings at all.
    Here'a link to it.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/2kvk2rztd7bx6uc/iBeat_OperationManual-English.pdf?dl=0
    WoodsChick likes this.
  6. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA

It is not necessary to start the engine. just turn on the dashboard from the key
  7. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    It went OK. A bit confusing because I've never set up on a dyno with iBeat. I was expecting a clear split between CO 1, 2 and 3, but found changes to 1 also affected higher rpm / throttle values. The 250 apparently has a 300 barrel, but I can't find any Athena ECU so decided that the starting figures of 95-100-100 would be way too low. In fact, they were OK, not super lean, but the power curve was rough. After messing around with various brake settings, the engine seemed happiest on a richer setting at around 12.5:1. This gave a smooth power curve and good throttle response. We did try full throttle at one point, but we got a traction break on the roller, so it was a bit dodgy (knobblies). That run gave 24 BHP at the wheel. Final settings 100-110-110 gave a flat AFR through the rev range.
    DYNOBOB likes this.
  8. Mtrd_rdr Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Smr 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha Wr250x, honda fmx650
    Hello! Help me, please. I read the entire forum about setting up ibeat, but I couldn't find the information I needed anywhere. please clarify, I have a lambda sensor. before installing the resistor, do you need to change any values ​​of FB, TPS, WOT? now FB 100-100-100. WOT 102.4% at maximum throttle. maybe I need to change FB with lambda and then remove the lambda and put a resistor and adjust the CO?
  9. Randell Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMS630
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM RC8R Ducati 1199 Panigale CB750
    Has anyone received 'eeprom read error' ecu fault when connecting with iBeat?
  10. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    When you remove the Lambda and install the resistor, the ECU will switch to Power Up mode, a different map. You don't need iBeat or to change any settings for this.

CO can be used to change the fueling in Power Up mode, dependent on your setup (different exhaust and / or inlet).
  11. Randell Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMS630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Anybody seen this error?
  12. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
  13. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
  14. Randell Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMS630
    Other Motorcycles:
    I dont see any bad wiring, do you think this indicates a bad ecu?
  15. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    I an't say as I have no experience of a bad ECU. Do you know anyone local with a Mikuni FI / iBeat Husky? Dorsn't have to be a 630. Try connecting to that.
  16. Randell Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMS630
    Other Motorcycles:
    I did not know other model ECU's could be used. Any idea what other bikes use Mikuni FI? I couldnt find a list
  17. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    Can't find any info either.
  18. Valheru Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ER6N
    Hey guys,

Got my Cable from the UK finally, going to try and connect to my TE630 tomorrow. Ive got Windows 7 32bit running on a laptop and I finally got the drivers sorted for the cable, but when I use the iBeat software it gives me communication stops error. I have set the COM port correctly, was just wondering if this is normal if the bike isn't connected? Just want to check it all works before I do it for real tomorrow. If no one replies before then Ill reply to this with an update anyway. Thanks.
  19. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA
    you have to use xp with windows 7 will not work. in any case if the bike is not connected to the access panel you will always have an error message. here you can see how I connect
    View: https://youtu.be/8U6oy8XtS20
    Eoin likes this.
  20. Valheru Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ER6N
    Thanks alot for that, puts my mind at ease now. Currently have a PU plug and dual Barrett exhaust on my TE with snorkel removed, will change CO from stock to 102/105/118 as an initial test and then go from there.

Really appreciate all the info in this thread, has made my work alot easier.