The iBeat Thread

Discussion in '610/630' started by DYNOBOB, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Raaron12 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 sm610
    No one here using the vagcom cable that has been able to adjust co settings?
  2. Special Ed65 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 BMW F800GSA
  3. Epicaluptus Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna SMS 630 '11
    So the dealer added some fuel in the higher rpm's/load situations, it pulls much harder now, goes faster, is more fun... :D But I think it's not perfectly tuned yet, I've still got some issues: In the past few days, it's really hard to start the bike, I've got to try several times, the cold start lever doesn't help much.
    And it sometimes just stalls, I think when pulling the clutch, I've read about this but not sure what to do. Any help here? (maybe getting a tuner with ibeat?)
  4. Sasha Pave Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    2011 KTM XC250, 1974 Vespa Rally

Thanks Special Ed65! I just ordered the same bits from Amazon to make my own. Were there any special wiring diagrams you followed for the 6-pin connector?
  5. Sasha Pave Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Just got my Amazon special cable and wired it up using @millenium7 3-wire instructions. Works great!

A couple notes:
    • You don't really need the OBD2 Male to Female Extension, you can just wire it in like millenium7 did in this post. Not pretty but it works.
    • I used VMWare Fusion on my Mac to run a Win7 emulator. You can download a free emulator that works for 90 days from MS.
    • Win7 did not recognize the USB cable and I had to install drivers. It comes with a mini cd in true 90s fashion. I don't even have a cd-rom drive any longer, but an amazon commenter put up a link for the drivers. It assigned mine to Com4.
    The items I purchased, courtesy of Special Ed65:
    $12 USB cable:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00871CJ1W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

$8 ODB2 extension:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0188XFLT0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

$9 6pin connector:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NWF8UIE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Total: $29. You can find lower price versions but I paid a bit more for Prime eligible products.

Thanks for the great write-ups everyone!

Now I just have to figure out how to correctly set my TPS :)
    DYNOBOB likes this.
  6. Sasha Pave Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hi all,

09 TE610, PU resistor installed

Question: I have iBeat and the makeshift cable working. I'm able to read/set TPS, but I can't seem to change FB settings (grayed out arrows).

I've been reading that I may need to install my 02 sensor and warm up the beast before setting FB.

Is that correct?

Many thanks,
    Sasha
  7. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    Sasha, Best I can tell no one has solved this problem yet. If you figure it out there will be some happy people here.

8. Sasha Pave Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    I finally got the bike back together and tested it. Holy crap that's a considerable power increase! Power wheelies in 1st and 2nd. Pulls stronger through 6th. Almost no popping on deaccel.

After warming it up I put back on the o2 sensor and hooked it up to ibeat. Set tps at 902. Still no ability to adjust FB.

I started it up and kept checking. And finally once it reached 90 degrees the arrows turned black and I was able to adjust FB.

My guess is that the o2 sensor was needed, and the bike must be above 90 degrees.

Longer test ride tomorrow to validate everything :)
  9. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    That would be great it that's the solution on the 610 bikes. You might try unplugging the O2 and plug in the PU plug sometime to see what happens and let these guys know.

The 610s and 630s may be different animals in this regard, I know I can adjust my TE630 FB with the bike cold and PU plug in place.

10. Special Ed65 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 BMW F800GSA
  11. Epicaluptus Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna SMS 630 '11
    With the Ibeat, can you configure the cooling fans? Because they are constantly on at the moment...
    The bike is also hard to start and keep it running, might be the fuel setting?
    I'm doubting about getting the Ibeat or just the JDtuner...
  12. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sounds like you have a bad coolant temp sensor.

Epicaluptus likes this.
  13. Epicaluptus Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna SMS 630 '11
    Ordered, together with some other parts :) JDtuner is one of them. Thanks!
  14. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    I should have sold you my JD Tuner, I haven't used it for years. Just running with Ibeat changes.
    DYNOBOB likes this.
  15. Epicaluptus Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna SMS 630 '11
    Damn, just ordered mine -.-' :)
  16. h59elmer Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
    Hi could I ask you what sort of numbers are you running. I have a full power up TE310 4port injector and standard ECU.
  17. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Mekanik has a TE630, his numbers would be irrelevant for a 310. :)

If you want clues about the direction to go with fuel adjustments I'd go on Dynojet's website and look at the fuel maps they built for your bike. It appears there are a few, and basically they're adding fuel on the big end (10-20%).

18. Medicman Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM610IE
    Other Motorcycles:
    None
    Connected my DIY iBeat cable with the WV KKL cable today. Followed the guide a couple pages back. I did not have a 32bit pc, so i downloaded VMware-player and "found" an WinXP 32 bit VMware image.
    Bike is secondhand, SM610 2006 EFI, 10 500 miles - bought before winter and snow.

First up i calibrated my TPS, which help on the idle. Read a couple of stats, " Operating time 214 hours", fault: "O2 Heater open circuit". Cleared codes and no new appeared. I have issues with backfiring at low RPM, and stats were [ 109 100 100]. Edited them to [102 104 104] and idle lowered, but still some backfire.

I got concerned about the water temperature - 120*C/248F. Bike was idling for about 10 minutes. Quite high, but i have deleted the fan. Is this normal or a sign of waterpump failure/air in cooling system?
  19. Sasha Pave Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:

Hei Medicman - What RPM do you have your idle set at? Mine would idle high and the adjuster didn't get it low enough. So I had to manually adjust the throttle stop slightly.

Also do you have the stock exhaust? I'm assuming you have the o2 sensor if you can adjust FB settings.

You may want to change out your temp sensor. My 610 started to backfire progressively worse, and then had trouble starting cold. Turned out it was the temp. sensor.

120 is too hot for idle, unless you are 1900+ RPM. I'm curious if you check again after 2 minutes (10m is a long time and any bike would get hot, unless you're in Nordkapp :)
  20. Medicman Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM610IE
    Other Motorcycles:
    None
    Idle @ 1500. Stock exhaust, but a short silencer from an older husky.
    The bike doesn't sound/feel happy at lower idle. Guess this is just bad tuning.
    Why change the temp sensor when its reading correct temperature?
    625 miles from Nordkapp - but the bike is in a hot garage. I live in Norway.

Funny thing, in Europe bikes were delivered with EFI since 2006. "Special" ECU numbers and everything.
    Did a test with PU plug and found that I dont have CO-settings, and unable to do FB adjustments.
    Without PU, i could change FB, but ive read that on 08 models only the FB1 changes fuel.
    Also noticed that with PU the injector pulse width changed up, even from idle!

JD-jetting power surge doesn't fit 07, but im guessing its the same. Tried emailing them, while reply was;
    Guess my only option is to buy one and test. I see that PC3 will fit, but its more expensive and seems harder to use?
    Guess i will seek around on the forum and find out what the best course of action is.
    Previous owner rode without PU plug, which I tried - not smooth, lean, backfire, occasional stalling and plain boring.