Sorry, Husky has lost me as a customer...

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by 4x4van, Jul 2, 2014.

1. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    bigbill, you sound like a true husky guy! i just put in several hard hours saturday on my ol trusty 88 250. bike has been really reliable in the 16 years i have owned it..bike performed great and its one of those bikes that has a personality, you know? kind of like a good hunting dog?
  2. flyingbob Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01 WR360_02 WR250_12 WB165_17 FC350
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VOR400_07 TM450_22 GG250_07 Tuono
    My local Husky dealer can't get new Husky parts, forget about Italian Husky parts... tried that, too.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The funny thing is they can make a killing selling us these parts we are begging for.
    Dangermouse449 likes this.
  4. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    I guess I am spoiled with my 2 stroke and immune to this whole parts crisis. There must be a gazillion parts out there for the two strokes as I have had no issues at all
  5. flyingbob Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01 WR360_02 WR250_12 WB165_17 FC350
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VOR400_07 TM450_22 GG250_07 Tuono
    Pretty much the same story here, except for the resto stuff I need and the plastics. Seriously though, I like the rear brake line retainer on the new Austrian machines (you know the ones that look like they are made for a KTM) so I ordered three to refit our small bores. Five weeks now and nothing. Bought six from a KTM dealer thinking they may be priceless in the future!!! Lot of love comin down from SP! (No sarcasm there :thumbsup:)
  6. 4x4van Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 ATC250R, '07 TRX400EX, '85 BW200
    A quick follow-up: Finally got the rubber valve cover gasket. STILL waiting on the left side cover gasket. Amazing.:oldman:
  7. releek Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    txc310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas
    If Halls ever returns my bike to me I will sell you guys a whole bike full of parts.
  8. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    no offense but that seems more like a poor dealer....

Husky chassis stuff a lot of times crosses over to KTM and if not there are dealers around the country like Halls and MotoXotica that stock all the stuff you need....

And just as a side not.... with the current state of motorcycles it is VERY common for all the Jap brands and Euro brands to have stuff on back order.... IMO KTM is one of the better for having stuff in stock....

I would say the parts were not on B/O but the dealer didnt have $500 of parts to order (KTM Minimum without having a surcharge) and didnt want to pay the $19.95 fee plus shipping....
  9. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kdx200 tt500 yz450 klx125
    Bull, we pooled a order to help a local guy out just to get over the 500$ mark and the whole order is back ordered. I ordered common parts like brake pads , lower rad shrouds and a whole gasket kit.
    I let the order stand and get a call once a week just to let me know they are still waiting.
  10. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I am so over this thread I call total BS I have been riding Husky since 2006 I have many 2 strokes and a few 4 strokes in my garage I race a lot and have NEVER repete NEVER had a problem getting a Husky part. Go back and play in the sand with your quad really any part you want is out there just look for it Or call Jeff at Halls and have him look for it quit saying you can not fix your bike
    Thi is old and not true fix your bike and go ride it
  11. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I had the same problem with snap on tools when the salesman changed to a new guy since I didn't purchase anything from him he gave me a hard time about replacing broken tools.

Funny when I first met the MAC tool guy the first thing he asked if I had any tools I needed replaced.

Now with husqvarna parts with KTM for Italian parts ever try to buy new Swede parts when the Italians owned them. I scoured the usa for Swedish parts.

Back in 98 with my husqvarna Italian bike one guy had a twin to mine broke his swing arm and couldn't get it replaced. He traded in the broken husky for a gas/gas.

They don't realize how much profit there is in parts. That's where the money is in supporting there products.

On my last job they made no profit in the sale. It was the product support in the maintenance contracts they sold is where they make $0.75 profit on every dollar they take in. It's a billion dollar industry.
  12. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    $500 cost or retail? because its $500 cost... so I call BS....

Bigbill- there is not that kinda profit in M/C parts.... PERIOD.... if your completely lucky 40% and usually more like 30-35.....

I've ordered a ton and seriously a ton of Husky parts and very few were back ordered....

Instead of just spreading random crap that is totally based on zero proof.... lets see proof.....
  13. jimmyjamez12 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    04 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 KX100, 06 KX85, 01 PW80
    I worked as a tech for a Husqvarna dealer... Yes some parts did take way to long to order.. Mostly for the red bikes such as valve seals or other internals. They have dropped the ball in the parts department.. But everyone needs to realize that KTM has a job in itself in organizing the company they just bought. Taking over a company is not something you side step into. Just be patient. All will be ok. I now work for a KTM dealer and I can say they are on the ball with support and getting parts quickly. Its a transition...
    robertaccio likes this.
  14. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    complaining aint fixin any bikes. gotta work the system, this all sounds like a 1st world problem. guarantee in some 3rd world crap hole your bike would be back hauling chickens the very next day dealer, oem parts or not.
    MotoMarc36 and Johnrg like this.
  15. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    I got some oddball brake parts in a pinch a month or so back, had to use two dealers , two two-day shipping charges, and some time on the phone. But I got the parts. Hall's sent one that was identical but was a Ducati part#, and used their parts locator function on lightspeed to point me to the other part I needed. And I used my sweet Italian Husky smallbore to apply wax to a field of 450's the next weekend, and it's roost to wipe the wax off. Bam! I'm keeping mine and will probably buy an Austrian TC250 when I can swing it.:thumbsup:
  16. Flynn Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Well, four years on and at least here in England the situation is no better.

In fact, last time in Jan 2016 when I replaced the cam chain on my old 610 my dealer had a cam chain on the shelf whereas this time on my new 610 they didn't have a cam chain on the shelf and couldn't get one until October!

Complete rubbish!

KTM have had long enough to sort it out now, it's been, what, five years almost?