Sorry, Husky has lost me as a customer...

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by 4x4van, Jul 2, 2014.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    It means drink more German beer... Next question please ...
    Boogie likes this.
  2. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    That was my first thought after reading that parts were sent back. Easy to see why everything dried up so fast if that is what was being done. Maybe it meant for dealers that were stuck with over stock parts they couldn't sell and or were no longer going to be a Husqvarna dealer?
    rabskyline likes this.
  3. 4x4van Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 ATC250R, '07 TRX400EX, '85 BW200
    My dealer wasn't "over stocked" and they are not dropping the Husky line, yet they were forced to return ALL of their Husky parts. The owner has two other shops in SoCal as well, one of which also carries Husky. That location had to do the same. This is not rumor, it's fact, verified by several posters now.
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    So what is your end game here? What are you trying to accomplish here?

Verified? ... I'm not buying this at all ... I've posted parts I have received after the buyout ... You want more parts pics posted here I've got in my hands now?

I have no clue on what any of these businesses are doing with parts except I keep getting mine AND I've sorry you purchased the wrong bike but going on and on and on is border-line immature and does nothing good for anyone here.
  5. 4x4van Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    So there are some parts that cross over. That's relevant to this discussion how? What about those parts that DON'T cross over?

There's plenty of positives about the "bikes" here. We're talking about the current lack of parts support; burying your head in the sand about that doesn't help those of us trying to get parts.

Really? The owner of my dealership also owns two others here in SoCal. Of the 3, two of those career Husky. Neither is planning on dropping the Husky line, neither were -overstocked "... Yet BOTH were ordered to send back their entire Husky parts inventory. At least a couple of posters here have verified the same thing.
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I understand reading is fundamental and I asked you 2 easy questions ... Can you please re-read my previous posting and answer them?
  7. 4x4van Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    The only one here being immature seems to be you. So you've got your parts. Good for you. Many are having trouble getting theirs. That's been acknowledged by several here. Not all KTM parts crossover. I don't really care how many parts. you've gotten since the change over. I only care about the parts that I need.
    Motosportz and Kyle Tarry like this.
  8. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I'll just say you can't answer the questions because you did not answer the simple questions ... (So what is your end game here? What are you trying to accomplish here?)

--

I'll try to help you again, as many guys did help you in some of the first posting on your bike issues ... Correct there are parts issues now. Would this be mission accomplished? Or is there more on your mind we can help you with?

--
    I hope you get your parts also :) .. Even though you care only about yourself .. I like to hear all my fellow bike riders have a good day with their bikes ...

--
    Bedtime for Bonzo now ... Got alot of dirt bike riding planned for the next few days and us old guys need the rest time.
  9. 4x4van Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    "What is my endgame? What am I trying to accomplish?" Hmmmmm... Interesting questions. I guess my "endgame" was to see if others were also having this issue. To point out what appears to be a contradiction in SP's well publicized claims; one which could damage his vision of restoring Husky to it's former greatness. The fact that you've been able to get many parts since the takeover is interesting, but irrelevant to those of us who haven't. Several have acknowledged the same issue.

This has been a discussion, not about bikes, but about parts supply and support; something that is at least as important to the success of a company as is the initial quality of their product. Whether it is a widespread problem or just localized, I don't know; although it does seem to be at least an issue throughout the US. Hopefully, SP/KTM gets the issue sorted out before to much damage is done to the marquee.

Sorry if the discussion of that offends you, but patronizing and insulting me says more about your level of maturity than mine. If that's "your" endgame, mission accomplished. Grow up.
    LandofMotards and john01 like this.
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    What the F forum are you reading RayRay? There are threads all over about lack of parts. Just read several posts on several bikes having issues. Glad you got one part with a KTM logo on it,. good for you. What about the parts people talk about every day that are not available smart guy? And all negative? Again, WTF forum are you reading. I've had people tell me to STFU because I was gushing about this bike or that bike so much. Lots of "I love my husky posts" here so much so asshat form another site posted CH is just s fanboy site (which is also completely off base.). This is a forum for posting fun rides, projects, needs, issues etc. A fantastic one at that and has all sorts of all those posts. I for one am getting tired of you questioning every post (and bashing on the USA). Want to help, fine help out. This and most any forum is going to be full of issues and solutions as people come to forums to sort problems many times. Sorry for the rant just tired of reading it. Guess I could just block you and be done with it but thats not really how I operate.
  11. Schrup Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR300
    I ordered rad shrouds last month from a new Husky dealer here in Fife (Larson Powersports), a week later Blue Husaberg shrouds showed up. I asked them to try to get the right ones & after 3 more weeks they couldn't even give me an excuse. I went in yesterday & got a refund so I could go pick up a JD kit. I'll try again this Fall from a different source. It sounded like their catalogs are all screwed up.
  12. 4x4van Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    So just what is YOUR endgame, ray_ray? To prove that I don't have trouble getting parts? You've failed; more than 6 months for a gasket from the dealer IS a problem. To prove that dealers were not forced to return their parts? Failed again; several have reported the same thing. To prove that I just dislike Huskys? Sorry, strike 3; I love the bike. I made that clear in my very first post. To prove that you are somehow better or more mature than me? Well, I suppose that's a matter of perspective, but the minute you started to insult & patronize me, you lost that argument as well.

For the rest of you, thank you for alot of good info, both alternative parts sources as well as tips for installation when I do finally get the part. It appears that I'm not alone in my frustration, although it does seem to depend on the particular part (and country?). It also appears that owning an "exotic" bike like Husky will always require a bit more effort than I'm used to with my other bikes.
    Kyle Tarry and LandofMotards like this.
  13. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    ONLY makes sense (to me) if it is consignment stock
  14. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kdx200 tt500 yz450 klx125

http://www.ufoplasticusa.com/model.php?brand=2 You didn't say what year husky you need lower shrouds for. I get these if the dealer cannot and the say "made in Italy" on the back LOL. One of the dealers, Halls, stocks these and the husky ones as well. Sometimes they have them sometimes they don't.
    Comanche87 and Schrup like this.
  15. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Thanks for attempting to answer the questions. And I never mean to insult you ... Only pointing out that some of us get parts while you continue to pump out Husky has no parts to sell. I even gave pics ...

Maybe it is a discussion ... Sounds alot like bashing the Husky brand so many have done here over and over here through the ~5 yrs I've been on this site ...

--

My endgame? I'd say in your case and this single thread, as I've started before on this thread, just an attempt to show who ever is reading this to understand Husqvarna has parts currently and has issues beyond any of our control currently on its supply...Same as any company ...Most of us out here know this and accept that as reality ... All this is written in the first page or 2 ... This company has taken a beating as long as I've been reading about them. Sorry to repeat these words but the thread is just looping around now ...

--
    As far as contradiction in "SP's well publicized claims; one which could damage his vision of restoring Husky to it's former greatness". -- This is all subject to each persons own interpretation and will not suite all of us .. I'm sure you are aware Husky is racing in EU now on the top level and will race in the the states next yr on the top AMA SX\MX levels. Some of us consider that a positive in yr ~2 of this new company.

And its OK to voice opinions but please be careful on facts VS. opinion ... As others have mentioned above, this is a pissing match now and please do what you think is best for this Husky marque. I'll be pulling a CARB off 1 bike and riding another today ... Ride safe if you ever get your bike fixed well enough for you and your son to ride it again.

UPDATE: It's raining and I'm still going! Just not gonna be out in any creeks for extended riding.
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Fixed it for you.

2 years of a new company? where? Looks like husky stickers on a KTM to me. Slap those on Roczens bike quick and we got a champ. Yeee haaa. I like KTMs just fine but lets call a spade a spade.
  17. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Thanks for the fixin' ... All this is a still a little confusing ... Not sure if yr 015 will be Huskies break-out yr but maybe ...016 should be some real changes ... Riding with ktm as your daddy, I'm not sure the brand will ever actually be at the level it was with the ITL bikes and before ... Things seem all watered down to me currently. My bets are placed and will be riding ITL Huskies only today and in the foreseeable future ...
  18. 4x4van Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    ray_ray said:

"...Shees this ridiculous...."
    "...this thread is just a whiney rant, from the title right on up to not being happy with the (excellent) solutions provided....."
    "...Can everyone here read these words? These parts with KTM written on them came from a Husqvarna dealer...."
    "...There is nothing here that says this is true. Get a grip please...."
    "...So what is your end game here? What are you trying to accomplish here?....."
    "...You want more parts pics posted here I've got in my hands now?...."
    "....I keep getting mine AND I've sorry you purchased the wrong bike...."
    "....border-line immature...."
    "....I understand reading is fundamental and I asked you 2 easy questions...."
    "....I'll just say you can't answer the questions because you did not answer the simple questions...."
    "....Would this be mission accomplished? Or is there more on your mind we can help you with?...."
    "....Even though you care only about yourself..."
    "....some of us get parts while you continue to pump out Husky has no parts to sell. I even gave pics..."
    "...OK to voice opinions but please be careful on facts VS. opinion..."

But you didn't mean to insult me? Sorry, but at 52 I know BS when I see it And while I agree that the '15 racing plans for Husky in the US is certainly a positive, their future in the US WILL be damaged if they don't get their parts situation under control. That's not rocket science, nor is it opinion; it's simply common sense.

But have a good ride; wish we could get some of that rain in my neck of the woods.
    Kyle Tarry and LandofMotards like this.
  19. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    If I my be so blunt... ray _ray, this is CH not TT. We don't need or want a HR here. Thank you.
    Comanche87, 268fords, Camstyn and 3 others like this.
  20. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    Brother I feel your pain. I was into the vintage husqvarna dirtbikes when there was no parts unless you scoured the old husqvarna dealers across the country. I had probably the biggest husqvarna junk yard in the northeast. I parked my vintage husqvarna and purchased a Italian cajiva '98 250 WR European street legal version to use as a dual sport. I found out it was harder to get parts for the '98 bike. Plus there was a design error on the carb setup I couldn't keep it jetted right. I sold it. I purchased a new left over '99 husqvarna TE 610e dual sport. The starter barely turned the engine over. Then the dowel pin hole that holds the oil pump from spinning was drilled too deep. The cam had no oil feed and burned out. I wanted a new engine they said no so I sold it back to them.
    I purchased a Husaberg 510 that was left over from a dealer that went out of business these bikes were new but a few years old. It was a few days with riding it around my yard when the sign cover started leaking oil.
    They stripped out the higher wattage lighting coil ignition and installed the lesser one and left the screws loose which cracked the block. I ended up arguing with KTM and they gave me my money back in full and asked me never to purchase another one of there products.
    There I was out about $3,000 and still riding my vintage husqvarna bikes. I was rolling the CR 390 down a hill to pop it so I could ride at a local legal riding spot. After two knee operations I gave up riding and sold off all of it.

Now I'd like to get a dual sport electric start? I like the design of the European frames with the rake of the front forks to where the rider sits over the Japanese bikes. The husqvarna electric start two stroke street legal looks interesting? But the parts thing could be a deal breaker. I will probably do more street riding than off road. I love the popcorn popping noise just as the front wheel comes up as I wick it. Riding the husqvarna two strokes are like being with a wild woman who just comes to life. At 63yo after prostate cancer and back and knee problems I look forward to throwing my leg over the seat of a husqvarna bike again. I have nothing to lose now.

I sold off my '77 Suzuki TS-185 street legal two stroke when I purchased the '98 250WR husqvarna. That's when my problems began with the new bikes. The only new bike I had with no problems was my '99 SUZUKI 1200 Bandit. My problem is I still like the European dirtbikes.
    Flynn likes this.