Sorry, Husky has lost me as a customer...

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by 4x4van, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Connor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 TXC310
    @4x4van I agree with you. I have heard similar complaints to yours from several people now, and the same people are sticking up for husky, and I commend them, but its true that parts are becoming harder to get through husquvarna. That is actually the reason I just sold my husky. I liked it but I didn't want to be stuck in a position where something major broke on it and I couldn't get parts, no one wants a broke bike. I ended up going to a ktm and so far so good. It does turn as well as my husky yet and the suspension is pretty darn stiff but the motor is great and over all its a much better designed and engineered bike, except for the cooling system, holy crap it over heats quick!
  2. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    4X4VAN You are lucky to be able to walk into a dealer and get the parts you need. Its not like that around here.
    Norman Foley likes this.
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    In the east, you stand a better chance of getting a dirt bike part going into a Euro dealer, than a Japanese dealer. Quad parts galore, but no dirt bike parts.
  4. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    Husky has been doing really well on back orders a few weeks in most cases every now and then I think they have vender problems but right now it seems like USA wharehouse is a bit low on some{alot}things but most backorders are being filled in a timely manner and hope to not have as many soon.Just hang in there guys .
  5. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310

Thanks Bill. Glad BMP is there for us.
  6. 4x4van Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 ATC250R, '07 TRX400EX, '85 BW200
    I certainly hope that is true, Bill. When we first got the bike, the dealer where we purchased did not provide us with the power up kit (SoCal and their smog nazis!), but my own local dealer was able to get me all the required pieces, no charge, within 1 week. The front brake lever was the first time I had any issues getting parts, and because "I" broke it (knocked the damn thing over in the driveway), I wanted to replace it with the stock lever for my son (although I would have left it short; it was the perfect "2-finger" length, IMO). As I said, eventually my local dealer stole one off one of their unsold bikes; not sure how long it took them to replace. That tells me that my dealer is at least willing to try, and even go out of their way for me. The gasket issue has been frustrating them almost as much as me. 1 week ago, they got confirmation that it was on the UPS truck, out for delivery. But when the delivery showed up, those parts were not included. Now there is still no explanation from UPS on why it wasn't delivered or where it's at.
    BILLF likes this.
  7. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    When I first bought my 2012 TE310 I could call Hall's/Bill's and have parts on my door step in 2-3 days easy, no sweat no BS. My local Japanese dealer took 2 weeks on average to get me parts for my Suzuki/Yamaha if I was lucky, and nothing in stock, ever! Shortly after SP took the reigns the parts became increasingly harder to get from Hall's/Bill's to the point they couldn't give me any indication of when they would/could arrive. I was lusting over a big bore for some time so selling the 310 and buying the 501 was expedited by my fear of having something break on my 310 and having it sit all summer waiting and waiting and waiting... Just to be clear, my local Husky dealer(s) take forever to get parts so I never bothered and went rite to the big boys for parts. Those of you that choose to use small local dealers you will no doubt be getting the run around even back when parts where plentiful. I understand supporting a local dealer due to loyalty or whatever motivates your decision but when I need parts I don't want a hassle so I go to the big boys. My riding wrenching time is very condensed with the family and work so any reduction in frustration is appreciated. That's my 2 cents worth, rant over. :D
    BILLF, Mike-AK and FatDaddyMX like this.
  8. jimmyjamez12 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    04 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 KX100, 06 KX85, 01 PW80
    I work for a husqvarna dealer as a mechanic...I first know the frustration of waiting on parts...I have to treat down engines and transmissions and wait and wait on parts then have to remember how it all went back together. But as a mechanic, bike owner, and life long fan..I won't give up on husqvarna. Everyone wants to blame ktm... well in my opinion bmw created the clutter fu##. The owner of ktm is a huge husky fan and is doing all he can to take husky from the red headed step child to being bigger than ktm. That's his plan. So everyone can be a true believer and sick through the issue or be like a Steelers fan and jump the band wagon...Lol sorry had to say it as a life long Steelers fan...anyways..they will get better..as for your left side oil leak...get some 3 bond. Clean the car cover and case properly. Clean the gasket. The rubber grommet..properly clean as in remove all oil...put 3 bond on both sides of gasket. Both the case and cover. On the cover where the broker goes and on the grommet. Let it set up for 1-3 minutes then install grommet and cover...no more leak.
    bigjon and airrider like this.
  9. jimmyjamez12 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    04 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 KX100, 06 KX85, 01 PW80
    Damn auto spell. Hope you got what I meant.
  10. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

We have two Huskys (red one's) and so far no problems getting what few parts we have needed. That being said, if it does become a problem I won't reward SP by selling the red Husky to get a new white/blue/yellow one. I understood him as saying parts wouldn't be an issue for the red Huskys and I will hold him to it.
    Motosportz likes this.
  11. 4x4van Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yeah, I got it, thanks. IF I ever get the new gasket, I will get some gasket material and trace/cut out a few additional ones before I install it, using the technique you've outlined. I'm almost to the point of just removing the side cover and using it as a pattern to make my own anyway.
  12. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    Any reason you don't just buy that gasket set that Motosportz linked to on the first page of this thread?
  13. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Probably 150($) reasons.
  14. 4x4van Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    I need a single gasket, not every gasket in the entire engine. $150 to acquire the one $5 gasket that I need is just as bad as waiting 6+ months for the company to get it's act together. At this point, the gasket seeps, so it's still rideable, although the leak is getting a bit worse.
  15. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

this "issue" would have been addressed and done in 2-3 days if it was my bike. Do a little research, find a gasket, move on. Takes as much time to be on here complaining about it than actually fixing it. We are talking about a gasket here.

- toss some sealant on it and ride
    - Find one
    - By the set and have spares and be done with it.
    - make one.
    - ride bike.

Life is to short to have a gasket get me down when I could resolve the issue myself with a little effort. These are dirtbikes, address the problem head on and go riding. If you hate the bike because of a gasket sell it and get something else but know there are always times with any bike where you just need to get it done and go ride. Sorry for the rant but were discussing a gasket that can be had for way to long. The writing's on the wall with these bikes, they are going to need extra work and thinking outside the box to maintain as the support goes away.
  17. Buster714 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    '04 950Adv, '10 F800GS, '06 R6 track
    Thanks! I didn't think to take off the cover and seal the inside so I'll definitely try next this next oil change. Do I need to replace the stator gasket when it comes off?
    [IMG]

I like the get-er-done attitude on this forum. You're getting flamed a little here 4x4van, but rest assured, there is a lot of knowledge here for members to impart. If you end up hanging in there with the Husky I'm sure you'll find all the answers you're looking for. :thumbsup:
  18. 4x4van Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    I've never said that I hate the bike; I love the bike. That's what makes it so frustrating. I don't think we're discussing a gasket, as you suggest; we're discussing a company. When KTM bought Husky, they made many claims that the parts/support infrastructure for current (red) husky owners was a top priority. But if they can't even supply a commonly needed part like a gasket, what happens when I need a more involved internal hard part?

Yes, I could "goop" it up with sealant. I could spend $150 just to get a $5 gasket. I could spend $20 to ship a $5 gasket that will fit into a small flat envelope and should cost less than a dollar to mail. I could make my own. All of those are options in my particular case. The point is that I shouldn't have to do any of those things.

Which, I think, is the deeper issue here (and the one we are discussing). KTM assured us that the support wouldn't go away. At this point, I'm not so sure that's true, and that would make me think long and hard about buying another Husky; red OR white.
  19. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    When parts were in stock at Halls you still had to pay like 15 bucks shipping and handling for them, so that part isn't really any different.

The support for Austrian Huskies is different, as the entire supply chain is different, the parts are coming from the "normal" KTM suppliers, etc.

Parts are currently a bit hard to get in some cases, the whole company got bought out, relocated, restructured, etc. Hopefully it will get better, maybe it won't. I'm not going to jump ship tomorrow because some parts can be a bit hard to get, I'm going to wait and see how this all shakes out. :excuseme:

I think the point I (and others) are trying to make is that you could knock this problem out really easily a lot of different ways, so I'm not sure it's really that big a deal. I am sure that there are times when some random gasket for a DRZ or an XR is backordered for months out, just because weird crap happens, it is what it is.

I'm not saying you should stay with Husky, that's your call, do whatever you're comfortable with. I, personally, don't think that this is that big a deal, it looks like you can get the gasket you need pretty easily and even if you couldn't I wouldn't jump ship because of it. But, that's my perspective, and yours certainly can be different.
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Agree with everything you said. I have posted several times I think we were lied to. The end game was to sell more KTMs using husky stickers. I agree they dropped the ball and you should have no issues getting that gasket. All that said I would not let these things keep me from riding, there are solutions. I hate to say it but husky p[arts have been spotty forever, it unfortunately comes with an "exotic" bike sometimes. Good luck.