Sorry, Husky has lost me as a customer...

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by 4x4van, Jul 2, 2014.

1. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    :banghead: Shees this is ridiculous. I'm sure we all know all the logistics of buying a company, getting all the parts moved, supply chains and channels re-routed, and all the garbage I have no idea about etc. And the funniest thing is, there ALWAYS WAS parts issues with Husqvarna. Always. When they were Swedish, when Cagiva owned them, when my dealership carried them from 2000-2004, when BMW owned them. And gee, now that KTM owns them, too. So we want to chuck stones at SP like he planned it all along?! Sorry, maybe it's just me and I'm being a bit harsh (I've done it before :doh:) but this thread is just a whiney rant, from the title right on up to not being happy with the (excellent) solutions provided.

I'm going riding. Out.
  2. 4x4van Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 ATC250R, '07 TRX400EX, '85 BW200
    Kyle, I'm not throwing in the towel; the bike is too good to give up on over a gasket. I'm still hopeful that this is a temporary condition and it will get better, hopefully before I need more extensive hard parts. But the fact remains that this WILL be a consideration prior to my next M/C purchase, and that's new to me. Perhaps, as Motosportz says, that's part of owning an "exotic".

Marc, you can call me whiny all you want; although solutions have been offered, I wouldn't characterize any of them as "excellent", your opinion may vary. Paying 30X the normal price? Paying $20 to mail an envelope? Sorry, but with a wife, 3 kids (1 still in college), a mortgage, motorcycles, ATVs, PWCs, RV... The
    solutions offered may be viable but they are certainly not excellent IMO.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Actually BMW had it pretty sorted from my personal experience and talking with my local dealer. SP said many times he would support the parts and I don't see that happening. Its not rocket science as these are all many year long models with part numbers and inventory streams. At this point if you cant get parts it is simply because whomever is in charge does not care to inventory them. KTM has plenty of money, space and personnel to make parts for huskys super EZ, they seem to be choosing not to.
    john01 and oregonsage like this.
  4. 4x4van Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Agreed, motosportz. Ordering parts was easy for my dealer prior to the KTM takeover. At that point they actually had to send ALL of their parts stock back to the (new) factory. That in itself was a recipe for disaster. Now, they can only order once a week, and are kept in the dark about stock levels/status, etc. It took 5 months to even get KTM to acknowledge that the gasket was backordered, and they still have been given no indication of when that would change. That's a KTM/SP issue, not a Husky/BMW issue.
  5. Salty Dog Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    YZ250F, VTR1000 SP2
    Sorry to chime in late. No one like poor service or a brand new bike that has issues.
    But i think you're not doing as bad as some others out there :)

I stood in the Motorcross car park of a local race, watched a guy take his brand new Husky 450 off the trailer, go to kick start it, the kick starter broke the whole side cover, oil fell on the ground.... and he just wheeled it back on the trailer and went home.

Not sure what its like in the US, but here in Oz, the Husky does seem to have a reputation (rightly or wrongly) for being a bit cheap and having some failures. Perhaps its the owners?? Who knows.

But its a shame that you're not backed up with parts...
    I live too far for a shop, so the Internet is often my option.
    Generally cheaper and faster :)
  6. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    Again, I think it's pretty easy to make statements like this when there is really no inside knowledge on the issues. Maybe you guys would have been happier if SP/KTM hadn't stepped in and BMW had just closed operations? Maybe parts would be easier to get then?

I've had problems at times getting Husky parts when everyone, including BMW, owned them. Saying BMW didn't have backorders is just plain false. It's ridiculous to act like this is some new issue with Husky and that SP is to blame. For that matter, having been in a dealership for 21 years now, I've seen temporary supply issues with Honda, Suzuki, Ducati, Husky, BRP, Polaris, Kymco, and Yamaha. It happens and can't be covered by a statement like "It's simply because whomever is in charge does not care to inventory them". There's always other options. Complaining is the easiest option, but solves nothing and reflects poorly on everyone involved. I love my red bike. If I have problems getting parts I'll deal with it and get them. When I buy a new Husky I'll deal with any parts issues then, too, because I've always dealt with parts issues with Husky. Comes with the brand, always has. SP/KTM saved the name, the future offering of new Huskies, and any chance of new parts being produced for Italian Huskies. Wrong?
  7. 4x4van Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Time will tell if this is temporary or not. But if it isn't solved soon, SP/KTM is shooting themselves in the foot and undermining any chance of "saving" Husky.
  8. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    Left side leak (stator cover) won't be fixed with a new gasket...

Need hi temp oil resistant silicone around the rubber grommet.

And... If you damage the gasket when sealing the grommet, rub some silicone on that too.
    Then... Braaap

Excellent solution.
  9. CCP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    04 WR250 11 WR250
    Being a field service engineer, I see the same issues first hand. Only sometimes I'm stuck in a hotel somewhere waiting for parts. They run usage reports and adjust the stocking level accordingly. Parts sitting on the shelf is lost money to the corporate guys. They do the same thing with "Just in Time" manufacturing. Sucks, but like someone said before that's business...
    MotoMarc36 likes this.
  10. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    Hey 4x4van, do you have a 4x4 van? Pictures, dude!
  11. 4x4van Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    No longer own it, but I drove it for 14 years and just shy of 400,000 miles. Daily commute and weekend toy; it surprised a lot of people. Have a 4wd Tahoe now, but it just ain't the same!

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    We are all welcome to our opinions Marc. I made nothing up. These were production parts before SP got it. Already being built, already had part numbers, already had suppliers and contracts and cost, probably had some stock as many dealer were told to send everything back as stated. Yes, EZ to make statements when they are true.

Well we can dream up any scenario. Were talking about a current situation not a fabricated what if. whats your point?

yes we all realize and discussed this.

Might be right, might be wrong. I'm simply commenting on what I am hearing and learning from the dealers I deal with. From what I have heard I put more faith in GG or Shineray making parts we need than SP. I want to be wrong even posted I hoped I was. Glad you see SP as the savoir, I dont really. Dont really dislike him or what happened and do agree he brought some things to the table and might have saved the name. thats all good and fine but were talking about parts supply and statements he made that dont seem to be shaking out.
    john01 likes this.
  13. SDPUTTER Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 511
    I wish my husky was built by Toyota :(
  14. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    A Toyota dirt bike?!
    First thought ...expensive...
  15. 4x4van Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    But it would certainly be dependable!
  16. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    If the frame doesn't rot out or the throttle stick or the air bag catch it on fire first.
  17. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    Down here, people call yamaha's the "Toyota" of dirt bikes

WR450f is the biggest selling dirt bike here but I'd rather ride/own/maintain my obsolete, oil seeping, hard starting, high revving Husqvarna TE310R.
    john01, SDPUTTER and reveille like this.
  18. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    Dealers having to send their parts inventory back, WTF? I can only make sense of this if the dealership stop selling Husky's or went out of business. How can sending parts back help the existing Husky owners and dealers? There has got to be a better way for the new owner(s) of Husqvarna to do inventory. :confused:
    reveille likes this.
  19. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Can everyone here read these words? These parts with KTM written on them came from a Husqvarna dealer ... Fits several different models of the ITL bikes.
    100_2241.JPG

--

Why do so-called Husqvarna people come to a Husky site and add nothing positive about the bikes? Same theme from 2009 when I joined here...

--
    There is nothing here that says this is true. Get a grip please ...
    Boogie likes this.
  20. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    Nope, I'm having trouble with this one "Artikelbezeichnung"
    Camstyn and gots_a_sol like this.