So long husky...got a beta x trainer

Discussion in 'Non-Husqvarna Motorcycles' started by huskylove, Jan 13, 2016.

1. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Just did the demo and have to say I was most impressed by the xtrainer. The smaller frame is really noticeable, not just the height as mentioned. It's like a toy but has the power to Climb anything. The suspension is what it is and for really technical stuff, it'll work with some work. It's not as bad as the internet says it is though. According to the internet there's no way I should have survived 4th gear pinned lol. It'll connect to other trails easy enough but yeah, I wouldn't want it for desert terrain, it's pretty nervous
    fletchman45 and lankydoug like this.
  2. RickyDZero Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 Tx 300 i and 2015 Fc 250
    Zomby Woof you are right. I notice the difference right away when switching from my Te 510(Big Bike) to my smaller lighter Fc 250. I like riding both Bikes and would probably like the 510 a lot less if it wasn't for the Recluse clutch witch makes it easier to ride. I definitely have more confidence going faster on the Fc.
  3. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    I know!

I struggle with this because there's no bike that both fits me and fits what I want to do. I love my Husky and it's great on the MX track but way too big for me in the woods. The KTM105 is incredible in the woods but short and unstable at high speeds on the MX track.

The Xtrainer's an awesome bike but I don't think it's any better in the woods than my Husky and would be out of it's element on the MX track.

I race both but the hare scrambles I run always include some high speed MX too.

Maybe I should look at a YZ125 again for woods only. It's the smallest of the 'modern' full size bikes.
  4. RickyDZero Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Isn't it fun not being your average sized rider!:banghead:
  5. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    You guys just need to get into sportbikes, most everyone's too big for those lol
    lankydoug likes this.
  6. RickyDZero Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    My problem is I am average height just fat! Try finding suspension that works for 250 plus gear and a 30in inseam.:mad:
    LandofMotards likes this.
  7. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Or you could be like me 6'6" with 6'9" arm span and nothing fits for the opposite reason.

I bought an x-trainer for my wife and then later sold it to a friend who is a B vet rider with short legs. He's raced the ozark 100 miler on it the day he bought it and finished 40th overall from the B vet line. Yes it isn't stable at fast speeds but it's a trade off for how incredible it is in the trials bike gnar and tight technical single track. You can mod it to make it more stable but it will come at the cost of what it does best. One of my other B vet friends bought an x-trainer after riding mine and set it up for his wife with a 2" lowering kit and it works just as good and corners even better but at the cost of dragging the pegs in super deep ruts and not being able to flatland jumps without bottoming it pretty hard. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that The x-trainer is excellent at what it is made to do which is ride trials like obstacles on an enduro. Everything is a trade off and one size fits all usually fits nobody.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  8. RickyDZero Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Trade off sucks:thumbsdown:
  9. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

RickyD - I've had a couple of KTM200's myself and they are a little unique. You need to ride them up on the pipe a little more. They're also very 'twitchy' underneath you. You have to get used to the bike skipping around. At times, it has a mind of its own and that can scare you and bite you if you're not paying attention. Now, mine would turn sharp rip on the single track. It was hard to control the wheel spin down low and it was tough to ride in rocky sections or on slimy slick roots ect. Still a great bike and produced plenty of Smiles! I replaced my last KTM200 with my 2008 WR250. :thumbsup:
    RickyDZero likes this.
  10. RickyDZero Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I dont like twitchy and we have lots of rocks, but I got 2 stroke fever bad! Sounds like a 250 or 300 is the way for me to go.