So long husky...got a beta x trainer

Discussion in 'Non-Husqvarna Motorcycles' started by huskylove, Jan 13, 2016.

1. RickyDZero Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 Tx 300 i and 2015 Fc 250
    Honestly: This thread really belongs in the non-Husky forum. This is café Husky not café Beta. I know this is going to piss some people off, but just keeping
    it real. I am only saying what I am sure others are thinking. Yes you have a right to your option. I would never deny that, but is this really the place to promote another brand of motorcycle. Just saying.
    fletchman45 likes this.
  2. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The x trainer should feel heavier then one of the greatest bikes ever made! A Cr 150 husqvarna weighs in dry ready to ride no fuel right around 204 pounds while and xtrainer weighs 226 without fuel....22 pounds heavier...that is noticeable for sure.
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  3. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Also a 2000 husky is not that light of a bike...they are a bit heavier then a xlite chassis 125-144
  4. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I do need to ride one of these. However I have talked extensively about this bike to a very smart individual... And I believe what he says is true... If you use it for its intended purpose and entry level playbike. And not a race bike. Then it is a great bike...a modern day Kdx....except in 1992 they were 2999....new...I think it should be priced another 500-1000 less then it is. For the lack of a kickstart (and the lit is $400) and inferior suspension components... Just my two cents..
    robertaccio likes this.
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Fletch,
    I promise you if you have a really tight course of flowing arm scraper single track....you can put this thing into race mode, with a good suspension set (full boat Stilwell/ Fox podium shock) for example) up and a pipe (Fresco Italia for example).
    I will get even more after this weekend . Our crew member just upped his X-Trainer game even more.....however as you can imagine whoops are not your friend on this machine even with a solid chassis package there's just not enough to cope with the hits.
    Rob
    fletchman45 likes this.
  6. PaulD Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr250( sold)
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Sprint RS. Honda TRX300EX Be
    The Beta 2 strokes really appeal to me. I rode my neighbors 300rr and was blown away compared to my wr250.Stock jetting was perfect. Runs great on pump gas. No blubber when lugging and rips on top. Nice low seat height and electric start. Even seemed to turn as good as my WR. Never rode a cross trainer yet but think it would be the ultimate single trac woods weapon. The RR seemed ti be almost to agressive
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    lankydoug likes this.
  8. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I ride huntersville Mn (national enduro was held there last year) and it is whoop after whoop after woop....one thing that sucked on my beta was clutch pull it is almost double a new husky.and a lot more then a gas gas...and truly needs addressed in my opinion... By the time a guy buys a fox shock does the fork buys a pipe removes the estart and adds a kickstart...minus well buy a tc 125...add a 150 kit that bike with aer fork must weigh like 195 pounds! The new beta 125 would probably be a better bet and I'm thinking 18 xtrainer probably won't get updates.... Any one hear anything?
  9. RickyDZero Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Welcome to café Beta:thumbsdown: This help! Non-Husqvarna Motorcycles

Non-Husqvrana Motorcycles: Beta, Sherco, Gas Gas, Ducati, etc
  10. RickyDZero Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Why have Forum Titles if we are not going to use them?:confused:
  11. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    It's a dying forum and we should welcome all bike related traffic as long as it keeps the site alive for the Husky related talk when we need it.

Lighten up. Nobody cares.
  12. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Were you able to do the 70 miles on one tank of gas with the stock fuel tank?
  13. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

In theory this probably should be moved to non husqvarna motorcycles.....but they are Italian and sexy as hec...
  14. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

However they need to get with the program....decals?? Come on...Italian huskys had impregnated graphics years ago.....
    LandofMotards likes this.
  15. TrailPunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sorry, I did not keep track of the mileage. We were filling up from my buddies"generator gas" stockpile. However we probably did use right around a full tank for the three days of riding.
  16. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

this is in the non-husqvarna forum. right where it should B
  17. RickyDZero Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Over a year old thread that was moved to where it belong. Just fyi. So lets move on.
  18. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Good info in here. I have a riding buddy that's about 5' 6" and struggles with his KTM200 just due to seat height (not his riding ability). He really needs to test ride a X-Trainer. The other cool thing is you can do a few engine mods if you need more power like the 300rr.
  19. RickyDZero Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Or save the $ and just have the seat lowered 2 in. Seems a KTM 200 would be an awesome bike. Not knocking the X-Trainer idea. Always wanted to try a 200 myself. They say I am too fat and old though.
  20. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    There's a big difference between a lowered and a physically smaller bike and it was really obvious riding the X trainer back to back with the 250 and 300 RR bikes
    LandofMotards likes this.