So long husky...got a beta x trainer

Discussion in 'Non-Husqvarna Motorcycles' started by huskylove, Jan 13, 2016.

1. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    Being short and struggling with finding a true dirt bike that fits me (5'6" with a short inseam) I finally decided 150$ a month was worth having the "right" bike.

2016 beta xtrainer with a seat concepts low seat and about .75" shoved up forks.

I can get both tippy toes down solid and can get a whole foot down if i slide to the side a bunch.

The reason for this post?

I had a 07 husqvarna sm450r for a year, a te511 i made supermoto and heavily modified for a year and a half, and a 2000 husky cr125 I bought thinking it would be easy to ride as it was under 200lbs. FALSE. 125's are all or nothing "commit or endo" bikes.

This beta is light, has big bike power (more punch than my modded te511 honestly) and immediately easier to ride. For just over 7k it is not a bad deal either.

I bought it from MOTOXOTICA in vacaville, they took my old 125 in on trade and got me setup really well.
    I cannot stress enough how awesome that dealer is. Really amazing service!

The biggest suprise? When I opened the throttle in third gear and the wheel shot skyward! This thing GETS IT. "tuned down 300cc engine based off the beta 300rr" DETUNED? what the hell is a 300RR like!?

Seriously its not a "kiddie bike" like the freeride it has some balls! Bike bike power in a small bike frame. I AM IN LOVE!

Once paid off I think I will register it on the road and it will be insane fun!

Attached Files:

2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Congratulations on the new Beta. I sure enjoyed the 250RR that I got to test, and would definitely be planning on one like it (or another model, maybe the Trainer) if I could afford one.

Meanwhile, I really do enjoy my WR 125 for all things that are single track. Perhaps the ignition and tuning on your CR model didn't allow for nice trail manners.

And finally, please share your secret with me for licensing the Trainer for the street in the state of Commiefornia.:cool:
    454x and Huskynoobee like this.
  3. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    Another Congrats! The Beta Xtrainer sounds like the perfect trail bike. Yes MotoXotica is top shelf. They have won/earned many awards from different mfgs. We bought our TE 630's from them, and like you, got great service from them.

The Beta Xtrainer or the SWM of the future, the 340 Xlite2 is one I imagine I will have in the garage sometime. I don't want to be a fuel mixer. I used to help my buddy mix fuel for his 2 strokes when we were kids, mixing isn't for me. Beta has that one remedied. :thumbsup:
  4. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    I will register it out of state, not in california :P

The cr125 was 38" tall....37" with a shaved out seat. Had no guts until high rpm to boot.

The beta xtrainer is about 35.5 or so with forks shoved and low seat im down to my 511 on 17's which was great. Height was my main issue with the CR. Took it to the desert for one ride and it was perfect, then took it to holister and was dropping it everywhere :(

SWM looks amazing I hope motoxotica becomes a dealer :)
    Dirtdame likes this.
  5. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    I've been trying to deal with the tallness of my WR 250 too. I just shaved the seat and turned it into very uncomfortable mess. But I don't sit much while riding so I'm not too concerned about that. That helped a little, but it's still too tall for technical riding. I have been waffling between paying someone to lower the sub-frame and simply selling the bike and making payments on a a x-trainer or 300rr. I'm 6'1" but have a 31" inseam and I still have issues with the height of the husky.
    JAM likes this.
  6. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    So how long did you have to wait for it? I understand they are more rare than a politician who doesn't lie.
  7. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    Wow at your height and inseam you should have no issues riding any of the beta models. they seem smaller than a MX type bike.

I have probably a 29 inch inseam or less I have never measured but my 31x30 jeans get a clean 1.5" cut off :P
  8. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress

I called on saturday and verified one was in, picked it up on tuesday after they ran the financing.

It is only about 1" lower than a full 300RR. The RR is not much more expensive and lets be honest....its more bike. If I was taller I would have gone full RR. Point being, I think the majority of customers will be buying the RR for a bit more money and not even consider the x trainer.

It has surprised me with having "big bike" power honestly. OR it feels like it. I was expecting more like xr400 type of a bike, its much much much more than that. I will be taking it to phoenix on a enduro trip and will street register it out there so we can connect trails and what not.
  9. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    Congratulations! Dan and Anne are some of the best people to ever deal with. I need to go there soon and get some filters and shoot the sh*t! Keep the reports coming!
  10. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    Congrats! Please let us know how the suspension would compare to your 125. I understand that it's configured a bit differently.
  11. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    300rr vs xtrainer. This is why it has all the grunt still ;)
    Really cool bike, congrats!
    power-036.jpg
    duggoey and JAM like this.
  12. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Congratulations on the new bike. I rode one briefly and it was nice! A screen name change coming?:D
  13. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    Only 5hp difference? I bet the xtrainer builds more torque also.

Thanks for the comments when i get her in the dirt and play around i will add to this. :)
  14. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    6 lbs lighter than a 300 RR. I bet that thing is the best single track machine ever!
  15. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    sure is a nice toy.
  16. NicaJohn Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 cr125 02 cr135 02 wr144
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kdx200,2015 beta 430rr
    I know you are on other side but I got mine from shop right down road in nj. He had one of every model when he first got em, I think. The last one to go was mine the 430rr. He just got a 2016 x trainer in, also has 350 race edition. Demo for sale. A lot of lookers but no takers. Really nice bikes. I'm half tempted to pick it up and claim its for the wife.
  17. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    First ride with my xtrainer in the mud/wet Hollister hills.

For a beginner rider 5' 6" this bike is amazing.

At no point was I ever uncomfortable with the terrain nor did I have a point where the bike could be blamed or talked bad about. Perfect out of the box for a fast street/track guy that is totally new to dirt riding.

It can take off in third gear! This means in heavy heavy slick clay you can run a much higher gear and feed throttle with no clutch work. It will spin but slowly and controlled. I used to drop my bikes in the first try on several hills here, on this bike not once even in 6" of mud with an uphill turn. The stock tires out preformed everyone's tires with ease the rear is huuuuge and clears even in heavy slick snotty mud.

Once the ground dried and the upper area terrain was heavy grit wet sand the speeds went up. I was able to do 30-40mph on the badly whopped and rutted trails. It soaks up huge dips and whoops at low speed amazingly. It is super comfortable.

At any point on a blind hill climb I could just billy goat it up the hill slowly. No drama.

THIS BIKE IS NOT FOR FAST RIDERS IT CANNOT KEEP UP WITH FAST SHORT CONSECUTIVE RUTS THAT PACK THE FRONT END WHILE BRAKING.

AT ABOVE 40-45 MPH THE FRONT SUSPENSION PACKS HARD AND feedback through THE BARS makes it hard to control. This is with 0 preload and the compression dampning turned two clicks both ways with no change.160lbs rider. Compared to my 99 cr125 and husqvarna te511 which both received one ride each on the same trails. I never had that unstable feeling on those bikes.

It gets super twitchy in the bars like a bike with too much compression dampning. These are the small 6" high ruts from bikes braking on the trails.

Seat concepts low seat and my butt felt great all day. My shins hurt from gripping so hard tho!

This is what a dirtbike should be!
    PowerKord and LandofMotards like this.
  18. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    I meant rebound dampning. The bike has no compression clicker on the forks. Also it doesn't bottom out ever. But at high speed on or off the brakes it backs and gets extremely rough. Slow it down and you barely feel the whoops/RUTS.
  19. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Sounds like what a dirt bike should be for YOU !
    JAM likes this.
  20. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    That is all that matters right? :D
    juicypips, JAM and LandofMotards like this.