Shinko 216MX.....unabashed GT216AA clone.

Discussion in 'Common Items on Husqvarnas: Tires/tubes/grips/etc' started by robertaccio, Aug 3, 2017.

1. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Like you said the ENFORCE tire lube is the best I have never hurt a mousse in 5 year The Enforce is avalible at Zip Ty Racing good stuff
  2. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    Its sure is a great product but come on, there's really no reason to pay that kind of money for a small 1 gallon 8 lb. bucket of Enforce at $22.00. Plus shipping.

We used "Murphys" Vegetable oil base tire and tube mounting compound at work in the past. I brought a small 8 lb bucket of Enforce to work to compare it to the Murphy's and you couldn't tell the difference. It even smells the same.

I just got them to buy a few 40lb. 5 gallon buckets of "Enforce" instead of the "Murphy's" and the price was under $30.00 US Govt. price, for a 40lb. 5 gallon bucket. I got one myself. I'm not sure exactly who their supplier actually was as they use a GSA govt contract to get their product.

However.
    You can check these retail prices out below at "yourtireshopsupply.com". This is just one online source.
    Retail prices for Enforce 8 lb bucket is only $9.36
    40lb 5 gallon buckets list for $33.00 and that's retail.

There are several Vegetable oil based Tire and tube mounting compounds that all have rust inhibitors in them just like the Enforce product and can also be picked up at nearly any auto parts store if you ask for them by the 5 gallon bucket size or even smaller.

Borg
    Magnum
    Kex
    Enforce
    Murphy's
    Black jack
    Myers
    Just to name a few

All sell a very similar Vegetable based product in 5 gallon bucket sizes and none are more than about 45 bucks retail.

If you don't need a bucket that big you could split one with a buddy for 20 bucks and still have money left over. With that you can enjoy a beer or 2 while changing those tires and sit back and smile for being so smart. If you don't drink beer (I don't). You can spend it when you need to buy a few more tires.
    gots_a_sol and eddychecker like this.
  3. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Timmy I have tried a few other in the past But even tho it looks the same as some of the others The Enforce just works better

Like I have said in the past I have never hurt a moose. They will srink over time but I have never ripped or burned one up using Enforce My mouse I use for KOM is 4 years old
    Big Timmy likes this.
  4. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Well, I like it too.
    That's why I just bought 5 gallons for under $30.00 from the GSA Contract salesman. I know I don't need 40lbs in a 5 gallon size bucket but it would have cost me that much for a 8lb in a 1 gallon bucket at ZipTy.
  5. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    I'm guessing the GSA guys buy in larger bulk. It is heavy so shipping is big cost for us. We don't keep too much in stock. The smaller bucket is the more popular seller for that reason. However, once you get a big 5 gallon bucket, it's like a lifetime supply.
  6. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Again "retail" cost is only $33.00 for a 5 gallon bucket at the site I listed above. Shipping costs of course are passed on to everybody.

At the site "yourtireshopsupply.com", they also have the small 8 lb. buckets too, for $9.30 shipped to your door its only a few more bucks. It was less than $11.00 bucks on his porch according to a PM I got yesterday afternoon, from a CH member that got his last small size 1 gallon - 8lb. bucket from the same site I listed.

:thinking:
  7. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Timmy It is so hard to make a living working against the big internet sights. You get a little guy shop like Zip Ty who takes the time to find a product and test that product against all the others out there. Then try to market that product to his custermers working against the big internet sights that have such a big buying of bulk. This product was never thought of to use on a moose and the moose manufactor says to use something else. That by the way does not work as well as the Enforce tire soap. So with your employment you were able to take advantage of a cheaper deal. OK but to then go on this sight where Zip Ty is a Paying sponsor and advise people to shop else ware in my opion is wrong. Enjoy your savings but remember all the hard work some one did so as to find a product you now use
    Big Timmy likes this.
  8. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    We have a fleet of about 100 4x4 atvs here at work. Its used to mount tires on every one of them. Murphy's was used before that. We install about 450 off road tires per month here on average. Its used on all of those tires as well, Murphy's was used before that. Sector wide we change about 2500 tires within the Tucson sector each and every month. I believe the other stations may have their own favorite thing to use.

By the way, I bought my first 1 gallon bucket from ZipTy myself. I still buy lots of other things from them as well. I have referred many people there also.
    Lets face it. Its a product intended for sealing rim beads on heavier stiff tires and installation of semi truck tire liners to lube them and keep them from degrading just like our Mousses do as a result of heat and friction during use.

You can't seriously blame me for the tire industry using a product for its intended purpose and claim somebody else did all the testing on the same product for something other than a similar application in the tire industry.

Its been around for a long time with variations of formula's and many manufacturers.

I believe Enforce has a great affordable product, what I don't know is which of their 3 or 4 different formula's is best, 2 of them are TC-70-5, TC-47-7. I would like to know which of them would have any benefits if at all or they themselves wouldn't have made a few different formula's in the same basic jelly/paste soap based like consistency.

Perhaps someone will do some testing on the other similar products available from Enforce and we may have something that makes a mousse last longer for even more years. As I believe that's what it is capable of doing. Why not try the others and see if any benefits are obvious.

I'm certainly not using enough of it to test its use in mousse applications on a long term basis on the specific terrain I ride on and then claim that the information I give about it is the end all and know it all of that product.

However if we are all using it ourselves. We are all testing it ourselves and spreading the word.

That's what a forum is for. Sharing a broad range of information.

The same tires we are also discussing, The Shinko 216 AA fatty is also being tested by ZipTy and his crew. Yet previous post attachments in this forum discussion listed the same tire available at a few other of road motorcycle vendors. I take it that's OK because nothing was said about that. Why is that?

So tell me, are we supposed to only buy the tires now too from ZipTy because he is testing them, or do we wait until he is done with testing and they are up on the website. There was only 1 GT rear tire listed under tires on the ZipTy website last time I checked, which was less than 24 hrs. ago. I checked for them there first and couldn't find them myself, several times in fact.

I'm going to the Nitro Mousse, I'm still using Enforce. I'll let you know in the near future how the Nitro Mousse holds up.
  9. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Timmy my only commit was that you started off by saying Zip Ty charges to much. Then you stated hey every one I purchase my stuff over here at this price. OK you can do that but this sight is paid for by some of the companies who sponsor it. My hope would be that people would try to support those companies

Zip Ty Racing is aware of the price differences and are now working to make it a better deal for all

But for me this topic is over we both had our say no problem we move on no problem. Just wish it would cool off so I could ride
  10. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I do support them, among other places.

I got my mousse and tire 30 minutes ago. Its cooling down here, I will slop it up with good with whats left of my small bucket of my ZipTy Enforce tire lube and install it on Friday for Saturdays ride. I will refill it with my big bucket for the sake of convenience and take the rest over to my weld shop where my old Coats car tire machine is.

The New Shinko tire is a spitting image of the old GT216 AA tire.

Oh, weird thing. The Nitro Mousse is very flexible, feels pretty firm and it actually bounces off the floor when dropped.

Have a nice weekend.
  11. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    NCSteve. The front Shinko 216 MX Fat tire carcass installed measures across at 3.125", this is the tire casing/carcass measurement not the total width of the knobs. Its only about 1/16" wider than the GT216 DST that got removed off the front. Which although it was a 90/100 it really isn't as big as the GT fatty. I couldn't tell you the actual installed width of the GT216 AA Fatty as its off the wheel.

Pictures are below.

Tires are on and once again the Mousses in both ends of the bike show Zero signs of degradation. The front Michelin mousse I've been running for the past 10 months and some 80 hours got replaced with a new Nitro Mousse either way. Just for firmness and to see if there is any noticeable feel in the front of the bike. After 10 months of abuse and never being removed to even re-lube it. It was still damp and sticky when I pulled it from the tire once it was removed. It does appear to have taken on the shape of e GT 216 DST tire it has been in but it has no surface abrasions, or apparent heat damage whatsoever. Thanks to the Enforce lube and plenty of it. It will get installed on my back up bike, the G450X.

After a good hosing off and a thorough visual inspection of both of them, I would say I will be running a set of mousses for the rest of my dirt biking days. The rear Michelin Bib Mousse that is pictured below is now inside its third tire (Kenda 760 Trackmaster) and it had 80 hours on it as well. Pictures of it are below and you can see its perfectly good to go and run once again. It really has not distorted much from its original shape other than a small indentation from the rim lock that you can see in the pictured below and it shows no abrasion marks, scars or surface damage. Zero degradation. I can't say the same for both of the old tires I took off that they were in.

Those who are alarmists or think they wear out to often and only last 6 months are sadly mistaken, are sadly misinformed and are also missing out. Plus they always have to ride with the thought in the back of their minds of getting a flat at some point and have to steer clear of going off trail.

I have deliberately ridden off trail through the thick mesquites, Palo Verde's which are covered with huge thorns and the stickers in all the other various brush here right along side all the cactus with no abandon, going cross country ever since changing over to mousses. Still some of my buddies I ride with still run thick 3.5MM thick tubes or the Tubliss set up and they still get puncture flats all the time. They are so convinced that mousses are prone to degradation prematurely from having read all the manufacturers recommendations and warnings. That they will even call me and say "hey you might want to put some tubes on with those new tires because we are going to have about 10 or 15 miles of pavement on this weekends ride".

I just laugh at them. I'm ready to go even on that short stretch of pavement until we hit dirt again. Tomorrows ride is about 180 miles with a stop for fuel after the first 100 or so miles.

thumbnail_20170901_091157_resized.jpg thumbnail_20170901_110823_resized.jpg thumbnail_20170901_110850_HDR_resized.jpg thumbnail_20170901_114600_HDR_resized.jpg
  12. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
  13. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    BT, did you notice the weight of the Nitro Mousse? To me it seemed noticeably heavier than a comparable Michelin. So far I have a few miles on the Shinko, but all street. My work truck was in for tires and suspension work so I decided to bring the 449 to get back home easy. I can tell you that they have good feel on wet asphalt in a total monsoon downpour.
    Big Timmy likes this.
  14. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I didn't actually weigh it no but the Nitro Mousse did feel firmer to the touch when squeezed. It seemed very light to me and less than the 3mm thick heavy duty tubes I have sitting in a box in my garage that I will probably never use.

It's very springy (is that a word ?) and really bounces back off the floor when dropped. Where the Michelin mousse just goes thud when it gets dropped and is as dead as could be. It goes into the tire at first very easily as its a bit small in circumference when new I guess, so its a bit more of a job to keep it stretched and pushed back into the tire when you are mounting it.

Once in it feels like its firm as well.

I'll see how it goes tomorrow. I'm ready.

thumbnail_20170901_121916_HDR_resized.jpg
  15. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Thanks! Bike looks super sano and seriously fun. Enjoy the ride :cheers:
  16. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Your old front tyre looks better than what's on both my bikes!
    NCSteve and Big Timmy like this.
  17. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    That's not the tire I was running, The old one pictured is a GT 216 that had about 70 hours on it and it had been badly punctured with a branch and plugged in the field about 2 rope plugs next to one another. Dyna plugs wouldn't even begin to stop that punctured leak. This happened a few more times and the tire had another patch repair that was only 4 inches away from the last patched up hole. It got punctured again, then patched again from the inside more than 4 times when I was running the Tubliss, before I took it off.

Then I had about 4 high pressure bladder tubes for the Tubliss that 1 right after the other tore a hole in the base of the valve stem each time I went out to ride. I figured I would try the 4 ply GT216 DST for the heavier plies in the carcass.

I got sick of the flats and I'll never look back. That's when I went to the GT216 DST and swapped in the mousses. The DST had 80 hours on it and the knobs on the edges started chunking. So it was time to come off.

I don't run a tire to death. Especially the rear tires, once the rear tires traction is beginning to feel compromised, I won't run it much longer. It will come off within about 30 hours on average.

Tires are cheap. Compared to what slicks used to cost for my drag cars.
  18. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

It is amazing how well the michlien moose's last when well lubed with Enforce Tire Soap.Hard to believe how the moose manufactory thinks that small supplied tube of silicone base lube can keep the moose lubed. Like Timmy I have never hurt a moose
  19. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Well, I got back safe and sound from my ride today. Did about 185 miles total, probably 80 miles of that was on pavement. Myself and 2 of my normal riding buddies have never been with these other guys before and they were riding bigger ADV bikes. They had told my partner that only about 10 to 20 miles was paved.

We smoked them on the dirt roads all the way up through the Coronado National Forest up to the Chiricahua National Monument and when he hit paved sections on the more open roads I kept the speed down to about 55 to 65 mph on the pavement.

So if I could destroy a mousse in a ride today was the day and my tires are fine.
    Give them 3 to 4 more months and I'll see when I open them up again.
    I have no worries as they got slopped pretty well installing them yesterday.

If you want to see some crazy rock formations the Chiricahua National Monument never disappoints. I had my Go Pro turned on coming up out of Portal AZ and got a "Coati-Mundi" in the dirt road on film. Myself and my Buddie "R" saw a couple of bunches of wild turkeys which we usually do but also encountered another "Coati" coming off the hill onto the road and he stood his ground until we were less than 20 ft. away but my camera was off.

If you don't know what a "Coati-Mundi" is I've included a picture I found. I also included a picture of what some of the rock formations up near the Chiricahua monument look like.

thWUSIIW5J.jpg chiricahua-11.jpg
    Huskynoobee likes this.
  20. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    I've never used a mouse. I always thought they wore out too fast for the cost. Do you have to replace the mouse with every new tire?