Shinko 216MX.....unabashed GT216AA clone.

Discussion in 'Common Items on Husqvarnas: Tires/tubes/grips/etc' started by robertaccio, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
  2. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Yes, Jeff has that deal on District 37. He's a great guy to deal with. I bought 3 so I could have a new stash!
  3. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Well, the old Shinko got removed this weekend. Like the Gen 3 it's patterned after, it finally started tossing side knobs. It did last a respectable 1100 miles of everything from dual sport days to desert sand and rocks. Not sure I'd run right out and use one again, but for a bike that gets mild trail use I would still consider it.
    MotoXImage likes this.
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I haven't tried the Shinko as of yet. I have tried the Golden Tyre though. It made my WR 300 feel planted in turns, and I decided to put one on my 501. For some reason, it did not feel so great on the front of the big 4 stroke. The front end felt twitchy and heavy at the same time.:excuseme:
  5. MotoXImage Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    2000 XR 400
    Dirtdame, where is the 501 doing the twitchy thing, deep sand, high speed pavement?
  6. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Low speed, tight singletrack. Also seems to climb the side of ruts. Not my favorite on hard, slicky dg either. It is a 90/90. I was running an IRC Battle Rally up front before, but changed it out because it wasn't sticking turns in the sand very well, but I really like that tire better in rocks and gravel. It's a very ho-hum looking 50/50 tire that performs very nicely in lots of different terrain and on the street as well. Good feedback and feel in tight going. I will probably return to that tire. I haven't had the Golden Tyre on pavement yet, but can imagine that with the tall flexy knobs, it's not going to feel very solid there.
    MotoXImage likes this.
  7. MotoXImage Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    2000 XR 400
    I haven't tried the Golden, only the Shinko 90/90 but either it didn't exibit those characteristics or I didn't notice them. Your experience noticing the difference between bikes seems to be quite perceptive and I've heard other riders with differnt types of bikes make similar comments regarding a tire working on a smaller bike but not on a larger or heavier one. I believe that the GT has a pretty stiff sidewall which does allow more variation of tire pressures to try out. What I'm "guessing" is that the sidewall supports a lighter bike at a lower pressure but may need a pound or two more for a heavier bike?
    Just a thought
    Dirtdame likes this.