Rally Fairing and other Accessories

Discussion in 'TR650' started by risinqsun, Nov 14, 2017.

1. risinqsun Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Alright guys, I decided to discontinue posting here, it's just double the work to post in advrider and here. Especially because I can use tapatalk over there.
    I checked and everyone should be able to follow the advrider thread including pictures without an account.

If that doesn't work, please let me know. I hope you understand :-)

Edit: I'm so sorry, I forgot to post the link :-D

Here it is: http://advrider.com/index.php?threa...-fairing-and-other-accessories.1267240/page-4
  2. kiwiape Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia DD750
    Can you share a link please?
  3. CarstenB Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
  4. risinqsun Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    I'm so sorry, I forgot to share it in the last post. Just edited that. And thanks CarstenB for the quick reply :-)
  5. risinqsun Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    I decided to share that over here too, maybe someone else is interested also.

News..

The good:
    Until now, the fairing is doing awesome!
    Slowly, it's getting time for the proper side panels..

The bad:
    Today I took the forks apart. I wanted to look in there, change preload and oil weight/level.
    Turns out, I wasn't the first one..

I compared my fork internals to the ones posted by kiwiape in cafehusky (http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/fr...ripped-down-and-discovered.81426/#post-552410) in his fork thread.
    Apparently, the piston cylinder pipes were changed. Mine both have holes on the bottom, none on the top.
    No welding marks or anything, so I guess he sourced up an additional pipe.
    Then, the pistons are pointing the same direction. Unlike stock, were they are different.

No for the 'really' bad news:
    I don't know why, but there are holes drilled through pipe and plug. And it's fixed with 2 shortened nails..
    Through the sharp edges of the drilled holes, the piston sealing surface got hurt.

Not cool!

I thought about getting marzocchi shiver 45 forks and swapping the internals as I heard that would work well.

Any other advise/suggestion?

Greetings, Flo

cylinder_tubes.jpg piston_1.jpg piston_2.jpg tube_end.jpg