Potential Australian recall

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Geeza, May 1, 2016.

1. Geeza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Hi, apologies for not being around for a while.

DOTARS need a "little" nudge from those that have lodged a report in Australia.

Can any owner that has five minutes please email DOTARS with:
    • your Confirmation of Incident number - (INC number generated by DOTARS when your report was submitted - should be in an email from DOTARS)
    • the attached letter from Husqvarna Motorcycles North America
    • State: Husqvarna Motorcycles issued a recall in America and Canada in 2016 to notify TR650 Strada and Terra motorcycles owners that the stalling occurrence was being investigated and a remedy was in the process of being determined. The remedy for this recall is now available and must be performed (see attached letter). Please can you advise on the implementation of this required remediation to Australian delivered TR650 Strada and Terra motorcycles noting this department carries out safety investigations and monitors vehicle recalls on behalf of the ACCC to ensure consumer safety.
    DOTARS email address: vinvestigations@infrastructure.gov.au

Recall (1).JPG

Attached Files:

PaulC, LED and johnsweet like this.
  2. PaulC F class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 2018 YZ 450F, 2019 CRF1000AT
    Yes, I have followed up 12 months ago saying that 8543015 still needs further refinement. (Requested at the time) Then again on 30th April, attaching the U.S. recall doc... No reply. Ill wait another week before trying again, and then ill start phoning.
    Im eager to hear the US/Canadian results also.
    LED, johnsweet and Geeza like this.
  3. nev.. Terrarist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 XT1200ZE
    I believe the sending of recall letters to Australian owners is imminent.
  4. bogwheel Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650?
    Other Motorcycles:
    Bultacos
    Dealers have the instructions for the recall. Have purchased my TR650 but not yet delivered (interstate). So my ECU is to be sent to Italy on Monday. Approx 9 day turnaround.
    Original owners will have their notices shortly. Non-original owners need to go to their Husky dealer to register their interest. Looks like it is flashed to suit the Husky system.
  5. LED Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    I received an email reply today from Australian Husky dealer advising they have been informed by Husqvarna of the recall. ECU to be returned to Italy to rectify.
    Slowflyer and ecn226 like this.
  6. 1650bullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Because I'm the 3rd owner of my TR650 I will have to register with the Husky importer here in Australia. I rang a local dealer only 20mins drive from were I live, They said because they have only opened recently as the Blue and white husqvarna in 2014. they cannot help me. It could be a mission to get this recall done. It looks like the ECU will have to be removed and then sent to Italy to be rectified. and then mailed back to Australia.
  7. bogwheel Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650?
    Other Motorcycles:
    Bultacos
    Kean, was that with Full Throttle? I'm glad I left it to MotoGC now. I would be trying Moto Arena.
  8. JimKelly Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R75/5, Suzuki Stinger, Yamaha YB
    For Melbourne people: I talked with MotoGC today. They said either bring in the bike or the ECU and they would arrange for it to be done. I didn't buy the bike there. I'm coming up for 10000km service so I'll take it in then.
  9. nev.. Terrarist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 XT1200ZE
    It shouldn't be 'a mission'. Chances are that it's so early in the proceedings that the dealer isn't aware of any recall (there's still nothing listed on the ACCC recall website). AFAIK the blue white huskys use the same diagnostics interface as KTM, and there is a gizmo which the dealers can use to connect the TR650 to the KTM diagnostics, so it's likely that any KTM or blue/white husky dealer will be able to perform any adaption reset function on the TR650.
  10. Geeza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
  11. glitch_oz Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada

Congrats to YOU !!
    ...and well done to get folks motivated to pull the finger out and DO something (incl. myself)

Here's the list of all AUS TR's listed in the recall, check your VIN number!
    https://www.productsafety.gov.au/system/files/VIN List_9.xlsx
    (requires MS Excel compatible app/ reader)
    Haven't got one?
    View+print freeware https://xlsx-viewer.en.softonic.com/ small+light 9mb

cheers
    Pete
    snail_72, LED, ecn226 and 1 other person like this.
  12. Stuart T Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMWR1150GSa
    Got my notice from the good road safety folks today. I gave my local dealer a call (Nowra NSW) and they've gone off to work out what to do. My address has changed since I bought the bike, so doubt I'll see the letter.

Love the logic of the American recall "take the whole bike to the dealer" but..... don't ride it there!
  13. snail_72 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Tr 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLR 650
  14. glitch_oz Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada
    For Melbourne's Far East: First Class in Lilydale are waiting for the details from Husky/KTM AUS to get started on this.
    Yes, they will be one of the 3 dealers doing the recall.
    MotoGC
    Byrners Frankston
    First Class Lilydale.

I wonder how the Kiwis are going, though...do they fall under the AUS recall or are they left out in the cold on this?
    Who was the official supplier of the TR/ Nudas? in NZ at the time, was that PFG as well?
    It'd suck! if they're left out!
    Kiwiape...anybody else?
    DeLewis and PaulC like this.
  15. nev.. Terrarist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 XT1200ZE

That seems to be a complete list of every Husky dealer in Melbourne.
  16. WayneC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    No the NZ importer was not PFG. KiwiApe has been on the case and has referred info to the NZ equivalent to ACCC/DOTARS

It is merely a Husky 6 pin to BMW 10 pin adaptor cable needed for the TR650 which most KTM/Husky Dealers did not previously purchase, they will clearly need one now, and an adaptor cable is easy/low cost to produce. KTM used basic 3 pin OBDII K-LIne comms and on the latest models has moved to CAN Diag similar to BMW as they will need to be industry STD for the 2018+ in service annual emissions testing. The TR650 is 4 wire OBDII K-Line

Beyond the adaptor cable there will need to be TR650 support in the Husky/KTM software for the basic reset capabilities, spanner, fault codes, adaptions. Most of those are basic EU standard mandated processes also used on the cars which should be easy to do in updated software

The Husky/KTM software also does reporting similar to the BMW Dealer software, there are screen shots over at Advrider, a report from a TR650 when people take the machines in for update would be very useful in understanding what Husky/Magnetti Marelli have done
    Slowflyer, glitch_oz and snail_72 like this.
  17. glitch_oz Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada
    Thanks for the heads up! :thumbsup:
  18. Terrable Rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 tr650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    xb12x, f800gsa, '06 Street Rod
    Hi Folks
    Been out of circulation for a while.
    Ive received the notification from the ACC as well.
    It seems that HQVA is virtually in-contactable.
    Has any one got contact details for them?
    Regards
  19. JimKelly Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R75/5, Suzuki Stinger, Yamaha YB
    I had the same problem. Couldn't find any contact details for HQVA, so I went to the dealer who was able to answer my questions and I'm now booking my bike in. I'd suggest going to your nearest Husky dealer.
  20. Terrable Rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 tr650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    xb12x, f800gsa, '06 Street Rod
    Hi Jim
    which dealer did you go to?