Potential Australian recall

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Geeza, May 1, 2016.

1. Biff Malibu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRE 500, 2003 Harley Deuce.
    Lodged INC - 2016 - 10 - 00015
    WayneC and Geeza like this.
  2. Hulksta Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra, 2007 TE510
    I cut my loses and sold the pos... i never heard back from dotars after lodging 2 reports... this bike was going to kill me with the stalling, it was stalling regularly on down gearing and locking up the rear wheel, for a lams bike its totally dangerous and a joke that dotars, bmw & ktm dont give a sh*t about... good luck with them fella's, you'll need every bit you can get.
  3. Spicy Guacamole Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Strada
    I've never had it stall on downshifts (I don't know if others have), I've only had had it stall taking off. But I have found if I let it idle for a while before taking off ( 2-3 minutes or so while I put my gear on) it doesn't seem to do it at all. I to am selling soon to get a more powerful street orientated bike. I just hope I get as much money as its worth when selling because of these problems that BMW/KTM have left us with.
  4. AUS_TR650 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 KLX250S
    When coasting or during deceleration above 2,500rev/min, the engine is in no-fuel/not injecting. If you apply the clutch, it will stall. As the engine speed drops you can hear it recommence injecting as the engine starts to backfire & pop. Normal operation.

If you were locking up the rear wheel you're exceeding the bikes traction threshold. Try rev-matching or buy a bike with a slipper clutch.
  5. WayneC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    Let us not clog up this thread with discussion re injector timing but logging shows the engine is not "in no fuel/not injecting" when coasting or during deceleration.
  6. Hulksta Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra, 2007 TE510
    The rear was locking up due to the stalled motor not turning as i down geared... anyway i fixed the problem and ive got a te510 and a ducati, neither of them have the crazy faults of the bmw junk, best move was to ditch the non supported terra.
  7. Andre Volmensky Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    For those in Sydney. Had my TR650 software updated at Bikebiz BMW in Parramatta today. Works like a charm. Much nicer in the lower RPMs, no coughing etc. It looks like Procycles in St Peters have a MOSS tool also and they would have looked at it, but they were too busy and next booking was a month away.
    Biff Malibu and WayneC like this.
  8. CarstenB Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    thanks, good to know. Do you have the # of the initial firmware version and what's on there now?
  9. WayneC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    All BMW Dealers have diagnostics systems which can diagnose/program the Terra/Strada/Nuda and all may now be more agreeable to updating the machines :)
    PaulC, Geeza, Ziggy and 1 other person like this.
  10. vodka Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra ABS
    Other Motorcycles:
    R1200R , Yamy WR250R

Hmmm I wonder if that is across all BMW shops....Wonder why there ,if so, has been a reversal of attitude. Will try our local shop ..live in South Oz....yeah I know...Dont need anymore said..sigh
    snail_72 likes this.
  11. JimKelly Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R75/5, Suzuki Stinger, Yamaha YB
    I'm in Melbourne. I talked to the service areas in both the BMW motorcycle dealers here (Southbank and Ringwood) about a month ago. Both said they wouldn't touch my Terra. Then I talked with the service guy at Road and River in Geelong who was happy to do the work and seemed to actually know a fair bit about the bike. I'm going to take it there for the 10 thousand km service after Christmas. Will let you know how i get on.
    WayneC, DeLewis and Snow Dog Aus like this.
  12. WayneC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    JIm, ensure they check for updates on programming and ask them for a copy of the Operations report so you know the firmware versions
    glitch_oz and JimKelly like this.
  13. JimKelly Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R75/5, Suzuki Stinger, Yamaha YB
    Thanks. Will do.

BTW. The Southbank BMW service guy said "we can't touch it unless it's got a BMW roundel on it" so I offered to show him the numerous parts on my bike that have a BMW roundel on them. He didn't seem interested.....
  14. vodka Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra ABS
    Other Motorcycles:
    R1200R , Yamy WR250R
    Why the F+++ would any one buy a factory and marque just to close it down and stop production?? Tells you, by an action, how good the Husky Terra/ Strada and Nuda were.
    Potentially a game changer with time given performance,potential and cost.
    Versus other 650s..an of course the ever expensive KTM. Ridden most of the current alternatives ...all seem like asthmatic ants carrying 500kg of burden.
    Just a few teething problems that would have easily been dealt with.
    Despise BMW and Pierers (whatever) for crapping on this project.
    snail_72, Muddler and PaulC like this.
  15. DustyTheDingo Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna TR650
    Because BMW and Husqvarna made a monster. Something more powerful, fuel efficient and lighter weight than any beamer. A bike that would make theirs obsolete to a fair portion of the 650 single market, hence Pierer capitalised on their fear and worked with BMW to kill it.
  16. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Why the F+++ would any one buy a factory and marque just to close it down and stop production??

You answered it the MARQUE. Husqvarna. the name. In the dirtbike world it's like having Harley Davidson. the Marque comes with @ 500 years of engineering and production industrial tradition and 100 years of moto manufacturing. The short and long term $$$$$$ come to immediate mind, the sales numbers of just the 1st year alone of (2014) Austrian Huskys along with the customer satisfaction rating skyrocketed.

I rode and raced Italian Huskys (TC450,TE450,TXC450,TE310,TXC310R) the Macchi engineered 450/510 series and big block 250/310 series (basically now SWM) were good solid bikes, the later X-Lite series were great/brilliant bikes when they weren't breaking or failing on me and almost everyone I know with them. The Peirer group has all the staff,locations, biz infrastructure, but only had KTM......getting the Husky Marque as their premium brand was a brilliant biz move.
    JonXX likes this.
  17. Geeza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    LED and PaulC like this.
  18. Ziggy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
  19. Geeza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Quick update.

This issue is still being worked on in the background by a number of forum members and other intrested parties. Some progress is being made, unfortunately there is a reluctance by the coropations/agencies to put anything in writing at this point in time.

AHG who distribute KTM and Husky in Australia are currently in the process of moving the Husky team out of Perth to Sydney with dedicated Husky staff and premises with the aim to help separate the two brands and provide Husky " specalist" support. What that will look like I am not 100% sure but action is being taken and the pressure to act remains.

Please stay positive as the wheels of progress are turning but at the same time I am reluctant to post information until I get it in writing to stop rumors starting.

Stay upright - stay safe - keep a smile on your dial!

Geeza
    DeLewis, ecn226, LED and 1 other person like this.
  20. Ziggy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Thanks Geeza. Appreciate your efforts.