Northwest Fall Gathering Round 2 - China Hat / Bend Oregon Oct 2011

Discussion in 'West - USA' started by oregonsage, Jul 12, 2011.

1. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Well it got 'seen' by enough pants seats to burn a gallon or two of gas :) You will have to try it sometime and see how it compares to your TE.
  2. firecrackerkid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    78 390 OR, 84 250WR, 83 175WR
    Stepped backwards off a chair, stepped on a piece of 2" pipe, did a looney tunes flop. Hit left elbow on the concrete floor, then lower back landed on aforementioned pipe, then shoulders on floor and lastly bounced head off floor. Still having trouble with arm, have to go in for more pictures. At least the purple is gone.:doh:
  3. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    I saw it! Thanks for letting us ride it, Lonnie :) Eric and I both had a blast on it!

Well, I had a great time once again at the PNW Fall Gathering. It was super-cool meeting some CafeHusky members for the first time, and seeing the ones I'd met last year was a special treat. I know it sounds cliche', and every board thinks their members are the bee's knees, but CafeHusky truly represents the best of the best. Just a solid group of great folks that share a passion for riding Huskys...doesn't get much better than that :thumbsup:

A huge Thank You to Kris and Jason for coming out and joining us in our Husky Gathering. It was great talking to you both. You would be hard pressed to find a more passionate, dedicated or knowledgable community than the one here at Cafe Husky and it's nice to know you're listening. I truly feel like the future is bright for Husqvarna thanks to folks like you :thumbsup:

A huge Thank You goes out to Bill of Bill's Motorcycles Plus, too, for bringing all the new bikes for us to ride. Bryon kept them topped off and in one piece all day and they were always ready for anyone that wanted to test them out.
    I was lucky enough to ride the TCi250, CR150, TE311, TXC310, TE449 and Lonnie's TXC511. I liked them all! The TXC310 was very impressive, as was the 449 and 511, but that little CR150 had my heart pumping something fierce! Wow! :eek: I felt like I was on drugs when I got off of it; it took me about 45 minutes to "come down" off the high. That's why I ride motorcycles, folks...there's just no substitute for that feeling. It ripped cleanly from the bottom to the top, nary a hiccup in sight. I want one! I also rode a few 167's and a 165, too. Looks like I'll be shipping my stuff off to Walt here pretty soon since I won't be riding it for awhile :D

The raffle was lots of fun thanks to all the tasty swag generously donated by Bill's Motorcycles Plus, MotoSportz, 7602 Racing and Coffee. Thanks for the help with the fancy raffle tickets, BrandonR :D

A huge Thank You goes out to Coffee, too. If it wasn't for him and his vision of what could be, we wouldn't have such a comfortable place to hang out and share in the general coolness of Husky :)

Most of all, though, thanks goes out to all the members here that make CafeHusky what it is. Whether you were able to make it to the gathering or not, each and every one of you contribute so much to our community. Thank you! :applause:

Oh yeah, about that little shoulder injury I sustained on Saturday afternoon out on Trail 45...
    well, my humerus isn't feeling too humorous today, even though it looks like it has a big sideways smile on the x-rays :o

Fractured the humerus up top, but luckily didn't tear the rotator cuff, although it's hard to tell right now how much soft tissue damage there might be.
    I should be ready to rock in about 6 weeks or so, and will be off work for a few weeks. Funny to think I was ripping around all day Friday on bikes that
    were A) unfamiliar to me, B) faster than my own bike, C) waaay too tall for me and D) not set up for me suspension-wise, yet I tip over in rocks doing about 10mph on my own bike
    and end up breaking my shoulder...how stupid is that?? I'd like to apologize to the riders I was yelling at to get the hell out of the way as I was riding back to camp one-handed; I didn't want to have to stop, probably fall over, and then get going again with only one useable hand. Sorry, guys! :o Anway, I took these photos while waiting for Eric to realize I wasn't behind him anymore...
    [IMG]

[IMG]

I've got more photos on the way :)
    Coffee and oregonsage like this.
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    :eek:A sight to be heard, for sure.:rolleyes:
    wallybean and WoodsChick like this.
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
  6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    This is waaaayyyy too important to have in the middle of a long thread. It would really be nice if you could start a thread in the Husqvarna forum so everyone can see the information.
    http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/husqvarna-motorcycles-corporation.51/

(I edited your post ever so slightly, to take out the hot links to another sites online store)
  7. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Nice to see you again and sorry that you had to sacrifice to the lava rock gods.
  8. firecrackerkid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    78 390 OR, 84 250WR, 83 175WR
    [QUOTEOh yeah, about that little shoulder injury I sustained on Saturday afternoon out on Trail 45...
    well, my humerus isn't feeling too humorous today, even though it looks like it has a big sideways smile on the x-rays ][/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear about the broken arm, at least you were riding and not being a dumbass standing on a chair stapling wire when you tipped over.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Note sure exactly what you mean so feel free to move it and start a new thread as you wish it to be. I'm cool with whatever.
  10. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sorry to hear about the broken arm, at least you were riding and not being a dumbass standing on a chair stapling wire when you tipped over.[/quote]

I don't know...your description of falling off the chair sounded pretty scary to me! :eek: I think your biff was more dramatic!

Hope you heal up well. I think I'd take a broken shoulder over a back injury any day.
  11. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    He means it's really good stuff and he thought maybe you should add it to the Husqvarna Corporation forum :thumbsup:
  12. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ehh...somebody had to do it :excuseme: Sure beats getting into a head-on and having two riders injured :)
  13. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Exactly what I was thinking. No helicopter rides is always good.
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    OK, one of you guys do it so i don't muck it up.

K
  15. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
  16. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Another great event, hated to see everyone leaving. Just a great time.
    I can't think of anything that hasn't already been said, except with regards to the future of two strokes. I came away with the feeling that we better take care of the ones we have, because they will probably need to last awhile. From what I have read the new Euro regs are intended to make all performance motorcycles a thing of the past.

Woods Chick, this is the first I have heard of your injury. I know I talked to you more than once and didn't have a clue. I guess you can really take a punch. Sorry to hear it.
    Your pictures look like it happened on trail 70?
  17. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Good Seeing you again and thanks for letting me ride your WR 250. I'm glad you got your camper door closed before you got on the Highway :eek:
  18. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Well, you know what they say: if you're going to be stupid you gotta be tough :p I fell off on Trail 45, in probably the easiest stretch of that whoop-out lava rock-infested trail. Happened about 2:30 on Saturday. I thought it was probably a torn rotator cuff (had one before) but started to get the feeling it might be something more when that ever-present ache that is common to all broken bones just wouldn't go away. I had some drugs left over from when I broke my ankle a few years ago so I was in pretty good shape :thumbsup:

It was great to see you again. Let's do that ride in Nevada, ok?
  19. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Really did not enjoy 45 .. My suspension needs to be done in the worst way... Arm pump city....
  20. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Oh, I liked 45 a lot. The whoops got old really quickly but the rocks and tight stuff were cool, ...interesting... more like what we're used to.

As far as your suspension goes, I rode 10 bikes throughout the weekend and yours had the harshest suspension of them all :busted:
    Get it done ASAP so you can take advantage of all those extra ;)cc's