Northwest Fall Gathering Round 2 - China Hat / Bend Oregon Oct 2011

Discussion in 'West - USA' started by oregonsage, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    As for ride report: Friday, did around a 40 mile loop, up to the lookout tower. Amazing weather, and amazing trail conditions.... The dust was a little on the heavy side, but the bermed corners were unreal.... I took a good spill within the first mile of riding on Friday... Took me about 15 minutes to regain my composure, as i bonked my dome pretty good... The ground looked soft, but under that 1/2" of loose dust is a concrete like surface...

Saturday, did about a 60 mile loop to the Ice Caves and back... Went with a group of 7, and had no bike issues / rider issues... Another great day of riding in the books...

I got to ride Bill's 144 and was very, very impressed...

Party report: Stayed in Bend both nights (since I had to con my way into this trip with the old lady) Friday night was nothing to speak of... Saturday night was another story... We partied pretty hard down at the far end of the camp site... After having as much fun as we could down at our site, we headed down to the main site to party with the group... I later learned this was about 1am, and everyone had just turned into bed, except one lady that came out and visited with us for a while... We winded down, and turned in for the night... What a great time.. I'm glad I made it out, and hope to do this again!!!
  2. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    Sorry i was being a scardy-cat.... I have not been in a head-on (knock on wood) yet, but after seeing the carnage first hand from last years gathering, I am gun-shy, very very gun shy..... Next time, I promise to lead some of the time, BUT no one can complain how slow I go...
  3. BrandonR Husqvarna
    A Class

It was great to see everyone. Thanks to all the vendors for the support and HVNA for taking part.
    Coffee likes this.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    What an awesome event. Huge thanks to Bill / Bryon, and team whom kicked ass. Brought a bunch of bikes, set up main camp, worked hard all weekend. Bikes were all amazing. 2012 CR150, 2012 TXC310 with PC pipe, TXC511 with 2012 suspension. Was too fun. saturday was amazing being able to ask questions to the Husky top dog around the fire. Where else does that happen Honest answers too, even if some of it was not what we wanted to hear. Great stuff. Thanks husky USA for taking the time and being exactly what we love about this brand. Going to miss this when husky gets big.

Great group of enthusiasts. :thumbsup:
    Coffee likes this.
  5. HomeFinance Husqvarna
    A Class

What did they do to the 2012 TXC 511 that makes it handle better?
    What did the top dogs say that you liked and didn't like?
  6. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

"No Nuda for you!" (Or at least the US.)
  7. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Did they say anything about new 250/300 two strokes?
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    We had a NW gathering, it was COOL. Bills brought out some amazing bikes for us to sample at will. 2012 TXC310 with PC pipe, TCi 250, 2012 CR150 (rips), 2011 TXC511 with 2012 suspension overnighted and installed by NW rep Jason. Great people great time and amazing bikes.

2012 TXC310 with PC pipe - Amazing bike. pulls hard, has great handling and suspension. excellent bike.

TCi 250 - Maybe my forvorit bike there. Needs 2 more gears [IMG]

TXC511 with 2012 suspension - Jason had just installed it and I got to dial it in. Felt great, handled great, pulls HARD.

2012 CR150, rips and the new ducati ignition seems to be the goods. No flat spot, no lag in response at all, rips from the bottom to top. Great bike.

The x-lights rule in any config or displacement. GREAT platform. I already knew this owning several in the past and still owning a 2010 TC250 but they have really built some fantastic bikes based on that platform.

Huge thanks to Bills and crew and Husky NA Prez Kris Odwarka and Jason (NW rep) for being there, providing bikes and answering questions. Kris was a real cool guy, took a bunch of time to answer questions and was real interested in feedback on how to make Husky USA better. What an experience to sit around the fire and ask questions over a beer to the pres of husky USA. GREAT team of people there that obviously care about the customers. Was insightful to hear some candid responses and honest answers even though they might not be exactly what we wanted to hear at times.

Happy news:

Lots of effort and energy around making husky USA much stronger

WAY better parts supply and parts delivery times (Bills already confirmed this)

Way more dealer support (already happening)

Taller gear sets coming and retrofitable.

Big tanks always in the works / discussions

Sad:

Nuda might not even make it to USA

DFI 2 strokes probably 2015 when everyone else has them. An entire Europe industry of under 125CC 2strokes is at stake here. The DFI has to work or many companies are not going to survive in Europe. Issue is emissions. All manufacturer struggling to build an DFI that is simple and cost effective. DFI takes huge fuel pressure and fancy injectors and a lot of things to function. We were expecting cool EFI, they are working on it because they have to. This will be interesting to see if the new euro regs and more complex and expensive 2 strokes will survive. Interesting info here.

Minis will not make it to USA - liability issues

MX/SX not going to happen any time soon - to much money

Kris had some really insightful info and it makes a lot more sense now knowing how many bikes are sold in the USA (not as many as you would think) and why we can't have top race teams and allot the stuff we scream for on these forums. Makes a lot of sense when you hear the global story and situation. There is so much more to this than we understand and the direction and things that are and are not possible are much more clear now. In the end it seems Husky NA is doing a fantastic job, really care what we the customer want and are fighting daily to provide that. What we took from this and what we all need to understand is there is a lot more to this than meets the eye and IMHO they are doing a fantastic job and have our interests at hand. They all want the same things we do but have piles of research and global understanding to get there. I feel much more at ease and understand the situation far better now. It all makes sense, we are in good hands.
    Coffee, TROFFER88 and robertaccio like this.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yes, must have DFI 2 strokes by 2015 and thats what all manufacturers are trying tot do. Expect complicated expensive bikes. This is all about emissions and the life of the 2 stroke as we know it. Meet 2015 EU standards or die.
  10. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

That's a scary thought for all two strokes.
  11. BrandonR Husqvarna
    A Class

Actually one of his comments was that they think DFI will be less expensive to manufacture than carburetors in the long run, fewer, smaller moving parts for example.
  12. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

Great info -- Can't wait for more detailed ride reports to come in.
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Oh, and the 610/630 is officially dead. Look for a BMW G650 based replacement. Committed to providing parts and support for the 610/630 for at least 10 years.
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Thanks, i missed that.
  15. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    :doh: :thumbsdown: :banghead:
  16. BrandonR Husqvarna
    A Class

It will be a Husky though, it'll be using the 650 engine but have a Husky chassis so there's a glimmer of hope.. though I am glad I got a 610 while they were still available.

It was a lot of fun and informative to ride the demo bikes back to back on the same trail segment. They are planning on more demo events at "bucket list" type events, to get the brand in front of more riders, oh yeah, and the dealer network is expanding slowly but steadily.
  17. MoombaRdr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr250
    Thanks Bill, Bryon, BMP, Kris, and Jason for coming out and bringing all the bikes it was very much appreciated. I had the best time riding all the bikes back' when would you ever get a chance like that? I liked the txc310 and tci250 and I liked them all.

Tim thanks for letting me ride your 300 that bike is dialed, I loved it! I have some work to do to get my bike close to that set up. Thanks!
  18. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Im surprised you forgot that we also had my '11 TXC511 with Motosportz/JDJetting X6 fueler for comparison to Jason's '12 suspended bike with stock EFI. Word is the JD fueler makes a fine running bike run better :oldman: but you knew that :) (and fat guys have stiff suspension setups on their bikes)
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I don't think i saw your bike. You hid it from me. :cry:
  20. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Any time , Good meeting you guys