1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

My 83 XC500 get a Lectron carb (pix)

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Motosportz, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Please send me an Email and we can work on this off the forum. Motosportz@gmail.com Thanks.

Kelly
    Rossik and juicypips like this.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    BRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPP

[IMG]

[IMG]
  3. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    looks good, im looking forward to hearing it, i bet it sounds a lil different. my next build is doing a total rebuild/refresh on my 400 so i might go lectron on it..im sure it would improve my 88 250, but it already carbs very cleanly and starts super easy. i bet the lectron has more of an advantage the bigger the motor on these old swedes
    Rossik likes this.
  4. Team WR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I will say it again, the clear float bowl is very cool. Clear gas line+, the bikes I raced (hare scrambles) I put on the "see thru" gas tanks and with pre+mix fuel was never a question. The next carb I need (or want) is one of this

Regards,
    Team WR
  5. dkwkid Husqvarna
    A Class

Be careful on that thing. My brother had one and we were at a desert race in SoCal-I borrowed it for a test run. There was a two lane road out there and I wound it out in 6th-close to 100MPH! I passed a family in a car like they were still. Scared me how fast that thing was!
    juicypips likes this.
  6. 1982 XC 430 Husqvarna
    AA Class

When just considering Kick starting an open class bike do we consider the Lectron Carb and advantage ? It seems to me that an open class bike likes to be real rich in the pilot jet to get it to start, to rich for it to run right once started. Hence the tricks of the trade of tipping the bike over etc to get a Carb to flood. If the Lectron has an advantage here, how much and why. Thanx....
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

My bike was a pretty EZ starting bike with the old carb. Starts even EZer now. Really a very EZ starting bike if you know how to kick it. I have owned a lot of lefties over the years so no big deal. 2-3 kicks cold and 1 every time hot if you kick it right and grab some throttle. My 60 plus mile ride the other day I started it first kick probably 95% of the time. Starting has been a non issue for me. It runs WAY better with the Lectron. Much smoother response, more response, run super clean, zero issues. After leaning it from how it was shipped it runs pretty much perfect.

BTW just did my first ride after installing a Lectron on my 02 CR250, same results, starts way EZer, runs way better, more responsive, smoother, more power, better MPG. I love these carbs and we really have them dialed.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Yep, these were good for over 100 mph stock. I dont think I have even had mine in 6th yet.
    rajobigguy and justintendo like this.
  9. subarumy98 Husqvarna
    AA Class

@MS
    What is your altitude that you are running at ?
    My application would be a 500XC at 2000m.

Is that likely to be another metering rod or simply adjustment from stock ?
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    50-2500 feet. you are at 6500 feet. Will probably not need an adjustment but if so a 1/4 turn on the rod should do it. I ran my 165 up to 8600 feet with no changes needs while everyone else was running very rich. These compensate very well for altitude and temps and run very consistent.
  11. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    there was a story in one of the mags here years ago where they took a stock husky 500 either cr or xc and dragged at one of the local strips straight out of the crate and it was making 150 to 165 km/h passes with a road tyre on the back!
  12. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    i have personally witnessed a 500xc pulling away from a 92 cavalier 4 cyl..those years of cav cut out and stumble at 98mph in an automatic, at that point the 500 was pulling away still, and it really wasnt i would call "crawling" away..this was on big irc knobbies, so im sure it would go much better with some pure street tires..
  13. subarumy98 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Lectern ordered.....
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

And shipped. thanks. :cheers:
    firecrackerkid likes this.
  15. 1982 XC 430 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Don't mean to change the subject to much here but I am currently restoring a 1981 KTM 495, the great white. Which Dirt Bike Magazine tested and has named it the worlds fastest dirt bike. To do it they used the smallest rear sprocket and largest front, along with the largest street tire that would fit the stock 18" rim. They were just a tad short of 124 MPH ! A couple years later they took a LC 495 out to do the same thing but the radiator shrouds started folding around backwards and it caused so much air drag they couldn't get close to the same speed. The big KTM never ran out of power, it ran out of gearing. If another big bore of the same era could of been geared higher than the KTM then it probably would of toped it in speed, but it didn't happen at the time. Maybe some body should try to top it today....
  16. adam6402 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Husqyhamm tried,
    http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/speedweek-husky.27561/#post-250769
  17. yzrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 yz250f 197? rickman zunpaap 125
    Could an xc500 be made into a decent motocrosser? Found one local that looks clean for a decent price. Im basically always at the track though. Seems like some old school big bore power could be fun!
  18. 1982 XC 430 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Some people prefer the XC over the CR. The XC has a little wider spacing of the Trans Gears and an extra frame tube under the engine, a frame hop over the rear fender that the CR doesn't have. Nothing that makes them ride all that much different.
  19. dukkman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    85/WR 400,86/WR 240,83/430 is mates
    Other Motorcycles:
    69@71/TS90-76/TS100-72/DKW-78/PE
    Real pretty bike Moto and the see thru float bowl would make life easy.
    Mate has a see through on his 84/240 with a mikuni.
    Would like to get a mikuni one but have only seen one for sale and missed it .

The stuff I read said KTM 495-124mph , Maico 490 - 121/122mph and the Husky at about 120/121mph.
    Insane stuff on a dirt bike.
    The land speed record here in AUS for a dirt bike is the KTM 495 at 195kph set in 1981.
    There was a recent meet here in AUS where some guys on a 490 Maico were going to try to bust it .
    Haven't heard what the result was.
  20. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    was that at Lake Gairdner???