1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Living with a 2010 Husky TE 510!

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by danbartol, Dec 7, 2009.

1. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None right now :(
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    My 08 450 vibrated a lot and the one thing I did that helped is to loosen and retorque the bars to the clamps and the clamps to the triple tree. Not solved but noticeable difference.
  2. mtne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE610 + 08'TE610 sumo'd
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 950SE
    Hey Dan, why's the 510 on the market?
  3. addo Husqvarna
    A Class

Firstly what a great informative thread, i've just bought a te450 08 and wanted to know what the performance upgrade was like? did you notice much difference and was there any negative? lastly do you a part number? cheers:thumbsup:
    Mik-3 likes this.
  4. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

The bike simply will not run propely w/out the Power-Up. This is how it was designed to work. it was later choked up by the factory to pass emissions.

My powerup kit came w/ the bike.
  5. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

So long Husky fans. It's been a nice ride, but I've betrayed you and gone Orange. ;)

[IMG]

Let the modding begin:
    [IMG]
  6. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

In the end I could not live with the vibrations and the short gear ratios. I also preferr the simplicity and reliablity of a carbed bike versus an EFI bike.

Thanks for all the help and support. Cafe Husky is a great forum. Hope to see you again.

Cheers, Dan
  7. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

PS The Huskys are rocking the Dakar this year w/ the TE449 and team Speed Brain. :banana:

[IMG]
  8. addo Husqvarna
    A Class

Thanks for getting back, i'll ask the UK dealers. shame to see you've gone orange :p
  9. HuskyBrutha Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM630
    Other Motorcycles:
    690 R, 500 EXC, XR250
    SO l
    So long Dan, it was great riding with you on this thread.:cheers:

This is what happens when the Husky Read and White eventually mix - you get Orange.:D

Almost bought a TXC 450 Six Days myself untill I got a good offer on a 2010 TE510.

Now, with CafeHusky being like the Hotel California and all, you may check out here but you can never really leave.
    Sooooo, on that score, you are morally obligated to post back here in a short while on how your Orange experience compares to you prior Red and White one. I for One will be very interested.

Anyway enjoy your new rig, she looks awsome.:thumbsup:
  10. HuskyBrutha Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM630
    Other Motorcycles:
    690 R, 500 EXC, XR250
    Had a 07 BRP (XR650R) , bought a TE630 and recently sold the BRP for a 2010 TE510.

If I could have 2 bikes, I would have exactly the TE630 and TE510 - different machines for different jobs.
    If I could only have one bike, I would have the BRP as it does most nearly eveything you thow at it with gusto.
    Yeah, yeah...we know about the kick start on the BRP etc etc...but looking back, on it's own, the BRP was and still is one helluva rig.

I find the TE510 a great tool for technical and tight riding. For desert rides, long fast forest roads etc etc the achilles heel of the 510 shows through - vibration and short ratios.

Unfortunately Enduro bikes are no suited for adventure riding and vice versa. The BRP on the other hand did both, albeit not perfectly.

Now if Husqvarna could doff the whole TE650 porker and go back to producing a leaner TE610 type bike.......
    benwiggin2 likes this.
  11. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    Thank you danbartol for all you have done here. Taking the time to log your experiences and post pics. Sorry to hear the mighty TE 510 did not work out for you. I have a feeling you will come back to Husky though. :thumbsup:
    crancky1 likes this.
  12. Norcalslowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

http://www.vibranator.com/

These worked for me on my 510. Dropped the vibes at least 25-30%, also using Progrip 716 grips. Pretty much solved the problem.
  13. avatar4281 Husqvarna
    A Class

Wow, I was deployed to Iraq for a year, and came back, started messing with my bike again. I did most of the mods you did on your TE 510. Decided to check up on your thread and found you've traded it in for a KTM! I understand though, the close ratio gearbox is good for enduro racing, but not anything else.
  14. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Great story and effort overall Dan ... Too bad you ended up in a pimkin patch and lost all your privileges :) ...

Thanks also to the MODS for unpinning this one ...
  15. NousDefions Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 Harley Davidson VRSCD Nightrod
    I am having the hardest time trying to find the y eliminator hose kit from samco for an 09 TE510. I think the suppliers have the parts listed wrong. Is this 06-09 TE250/310 kit the proper one to buy for the TE510? Based fromt he picture you have listed here, it looks like it is....

[IMG]

[IMG]

Even the CV4 SFSMBC172R kit matches the samco kit in appearance, but has it listed as an 06-10 TC/TE 450

[IMG]
  16. Caferacerman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hey Guys,

When replacing the vent with a screw, I am assuming that the nipple is threaded and will spin out? Or do you have to tap the case to take the screw?

Thanks -
  17. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    The plug is threaded with a flat screwdriver notch in it. The usually just screw out. I had one tuff as nails and required removal with tiny vise grips. It shows the threads in the parts catalog, it is M5x.8. Use stainless steel or plated fastener or it will get rusty.
  18. Jeremy Lang Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    1993 Harley Davidson FXDWG 90th Anna
    Any Idea where Can I purchase a power up kit for my 2012 TE 511?
  19. Jeremy Lang Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    1993 Harley Davidson FXDWG 90th Anna
    Any One have an idea where I can purchase a power up kit for a 2012 te511?
  20. Jjgres Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Smr 510
    Legendary thread. I recently bought a '08 smr 510 and had a few minor issues but nothing like this epic journey!