1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Living with a 2010 Husky TE 510!

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by danbartol, Dec 7, 2009.

1. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

A couple of pictures from my recent Utah trip:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    manu and Parfo79 like this.
  2. crancky1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

would you share your settings / map numbers ,
  3. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sure, let me capture a screen shot when i get a chance and I'll post up the pictures.
    crancky1 likes this.
  4. crancky1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

or even email me your latest map file ?
    i have a pcv and at,
  5. Raphael Husqvarna
    C Class

Hello, I read all the thread. Very nice, and good luck with the Husky!
    Im getting in the Husky world just now, thinking about get a 510.
    Im worry if I can control this machine. I went from a weak CRF230F (child bike in US) and my problem was the bike weakness (19 hp). Im 1,85 cm tall and 105 kg. So the bike cant carry me up the hills, I have to use all the power in second gear and lost control most time.
    Maybe a 510 will be a big jump. Is the bike too difficult to control?
    Can this bike runs as a DRZ400E? I mean, a lot of torque in low rev's? Like a tractor :)
    Im sorry about the little english!
  6. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

No such thing as too much power, specially for a bigger guy like you. Control is all in your right wrist. You'll be fine, the bike can chug like a tractor in 1st gear.
  7. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

Here are my PC-V + Autotune trim charts.

Be advised that I live at 5000 ft and ride between 7000 ft and 12,000 ft, so my trim levels wll be way off for other altitudes.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  8. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

I believe the middle chart, the Fuel Trim Chart, is from when I accepted the Autotune trim levels a few months ago.
    crancky1 likes this.
  9. crancky1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

bloody legend you are,
    thanks, i have my 2% column all filled, will give your example a run,
    highest we can get in Australia is 8000 ft and thats off limits, most done at 2-3000 ft so no snow here.

I cured my hot start problem

pump relay was culprit, had rubbed a tiny hole in it where the wire loom passes, enough to let a bit of crap in, making the insides a little dirty , without a sealed enviroment, heat effects relays like heat on icecream, its acceptable to a point then its a mess, put it back in the fridge and its all good again

new relay ($45 australian ) and all is good.
    My 2008 510 is been a different beast to live with from the old DRZ400 , but much better machine to ride, its never starnded me in the bush , but, you have to keep your eye on it.

PS, A trim adjust at 11000 rpm ?
  10. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

Must have banged it off the rev-limiter an the auto tune was trying to do something?
  11. crancky1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

First time ever, stranded on the side of the road,:thumbsdown:

blown fuse, main one (20 amp) , didn't tighten battery terminal when i put her back together, :banghead:

thats what happens when mates drop round with free (cold) beer.:cheers:
  12. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

I carry spare fuses in my camelback whenever I ride!
  13. crancky1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

yeah so do I, but , i was doing a test ride blat up the road to the neighbour, and left camelbak in the shed

dumb:banghead: i know
  14. little squirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

i just duct taped 3 extras fuses to the underside of my seat

[IMG]
    hitman1985 likes this.
  15. hitman1985 Husqvarna
    B Class

+1 to squirt, started doing that the same week i got the bike and threw the stock fuses in the trash ;-)
  16. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

Great idea, I'll have to adopt that.

Thanks
  17. crancky1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

DSCF1148.JPG DSCF1149.JPG
    i'm a bigger guy,
    110 kg plus riding gear, so about 125 kg (275 pounds) fully kitted up
    surprised to see this happening, but. easy fix with the mig
  18. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    The exhaust tone on the '10's sure is lousy compared to the '08 Arrow p/u pipe. I like the improvements on the '10's though.
  19. Alexs601 Husqvarna
    A Class

I have one bad thing to say about my Husky and it`s the vibration as well. I tried a new flexx handlebar with the insert on it, it`s help but still to much vibration. It`s now at the point where i want to change my bike just for the vibration. I choose a 4 stroke for less vibration and there more vibration than of a 300...
  20. bbcmat Husqvarna
    A Class

Before you sell the bike for vibration - be absolutely sure the oil level is not too high.
    For my 510 - hot bike about 2 minutes after shutdown - hold level and oil level middle of site glass.

In below freezing weather my 510 REALLY vibrates till the oil heats up. (5-7 min gentle under 3500 rpm riding) I should try keeping the oil level towards the min rather than the middle in these conditions.

Too rich fuel mixture = more vibration. In cold weather (under +7C) at speeds over 30km/h I install cardboard air blocks in both rads up to the height of the coolong fan. Below +3C and my air blocks are over the fan. I don't know what model you have, but with EFI bikes the ECU temperature compensation curve is aggressive and comes into play any time the water temp is below approx 80C. I just measured the set on my bike now and they leave 70mm of exposed rad surface at the top. I can sit through a full traffic light and the fan not come on.

My observation / my opinion.

MAT