1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    FE = 4st Enduro & FC = 4st Cross

FE/FC Let's see pictures of your new FE501

Discussion in '4st' started by reveille, Jun 14, 2014.

1. octagon pilot Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE501s 2009 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    YZ450FX Tenere 700
    image.jpg Got it cleaned and prepped for Moab this weekend...
    wannab likes this.
  2. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    Been running the Seat Concepts 7" sport seat now for a few rides. I can't say enough about the improvement it has over the other 2 seats I also have. I notice not only is it much more comfortable on your ass than either my "Ribbed Husky Powerparts seat" or the "Husaberg race parts gripper seat".

I have spent some time with both of them mounted to the FE 501. They are both good, don't get me wrong but one thing I noticed as an advantage to the Seat Concepts seat design is when riding in the big drainage ditch here where I live and these aren't exactly rounded off river rocks.

It just makes it easier to keep your balance when shifting your body weight from side to side moving through these rocks at a faster pace by weighting the opposite peg when sitting down. There's something actually there on the "Seat Concepts" seat to get your cheek from one side of your ass or the other on the wider rear portion of the seat. It seems to me it makes it easier to negotiate through these sections. Where as the stock profile seats don't have anything there to do this to.

Just my observation. It never even seems like that wider section of the seat is even there when standing up. Great product overall. I don't see that I will be using the other seats too much if at all in the future. I'm glad it's the one I trimmed the pan back a bit to fit my 4.1 gallon Acerbis tank also. The other seats will probably get bagged up and just sit in a box. SAM_1039.JPG SAM_1027.JPG
    Kam1, Hoov165x and LandofMotards like this.
  3. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    umm probably not the right spot to ask this question but I start enough dumb threads:D. was reoiling the filter on my bros 500exc & just checking the airbox for dirt when I noticed the bigger section under the throttle body intake section(where youd normally have a drain point with one way valve to let water out) appears to be plumbed back into the engine or up under the tank? what gives with that? i can see why the 4Ts are much better swimmers than the kato 2Ts due to the intake being up higher & angles upwards/flat it seems rather than funnelling water straight into the carb like the 2Ts do but why the hose running it somewhere else rather than straight down & out? I always found water was a real bitch to get to flow up hill unless this hose is a vacuum/suction hose out. sorry know bugger all but katos:confused:
  4. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    It's been a while since I've posted on this thread. I now have over 120 hours and nearly 4k miles. I just got back from the central adv rally today. 9 days of riding atv trails. I'm beat and the bike needs some tlc but she's still running as good as the day I bought it. This bike is awesome. I ran 14 49 gearing with the new Equilibrium tire the last 2k miles as well. Good combo. Once the fall enduro season kicks off I'll put a 13 back on.
    Kam1 and LandofMotards like this.
  5. Aaron platt Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TX300, 17 FE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    16 Beta EVO 300
    Your 501 has a built in hour meter in the computer. Is there a reason you put another hour meter on?

If you push the button on the computer a few times it will come to a screen with "ART". This is actual hours.
  6. North50 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 BMW R1200 GSA, 2014 Yamaha FZ09
  7. machinehead Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    HD

Awesome! Like the matched bluing on the head pipe !
    North50 likes this.
  8. North50 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501
    Other Motorcycles:
    [IMG]

Acerbis KTM 3.1 gallon tank is on with KTM shrouds. Also fitted a SeatConcepts foam and cover kit to my factory seat pan. Had to cut a small bit from the front of the seat pan to fit the KTM contour of the tank. Working on graphics next.
  9. Benduro Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '16 fe501s
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM950sm, DR650, KLX400
    20151215_155129.jpg
    .48s in the forks, 6.0 in the rear, jd tuner, tmd plate, hdb dash and handguards, nbd.
    North50 likes this.
  10. octagon pilot Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE501s 2009 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    YZ450FX Tenere 700
    Dig the look of that setup up. Well done KTM tank/shrouds. I've always thought the angularity of those shrouds is sweet, and the white/black look you have going is cool.

Can you do me a favor and post a pic of the seat/tank area from above? Sorta the rider compartment area..
    Also, where'd you get the numberplate backgrouds?
    Thx

11. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I wish they still had twin cans it looked so cool from the rear.
  12. North50 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501
    Other Motorcycles:

Hope this helps, Number plate backgrounds are just matte black 3M wrap i put on and cut.

Out with the blue in with the black
    [IMG]

Here is how my stock husky seat pan lined up with the KTM tank.
    [IMG]

Side view
    [IMG]

Trim time
    [IMG]

Much better
    [IMG]

Done
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  13. bowser Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE350
    First ride on the big girl on the weekend, not as much punch as i expected but still nice to ride

[IMG]
  14. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Damn bowser how much punch do u want!!! Are the huskys much more restricted than the ktm? I know my bros 500exc has more than enough grunt for most mere mortals.
  15. bowser Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE350
    don't get me wrong it's got plenty of power, just not as aggressive as i thought.

that other bike in my pic is a 16 500exc six days, it seems to have more low down and mine has more up top although not sure what gearing either of us are using and I have a slip on
    shawbagga likes this.
  16. John_B Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    XT225 for the kids
    Bowser,
    Get the Euro ignition map flashed on the ECU, add the giggle switch, and tweak the TPS voltage. Adds a good bit of drama for little cash!

John
  17. bikesparky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Superduke 1290
    +1 to this, with the exception of the TPS tweak! Stay away from that.
    And don't forget a few holes in the airbox cover, this made the biggest difference on mine. The thing now flies!
    Big Timmy likes this.
  18. bowser Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE350

What mapping do the aussie bikes come with?
    why stay away from the TPS mod?
  19. bikesparky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Superduke 1290
    The Aussie bikes have the EU map. For the 501 there are only 3 maps really. EU, US and the restricted US for the smog model.
    I had a look in the diagnostic tool with the dealer, and even the maps for aftermarket exhaust are the same.

Messing with the TPS voltage shifts the whole map across the rev range, including the ignition. by doing this you can get heaps of ignition low down down and have detonation.
    Tinken came to the same conclusion, it's not good!
    If the bike hesitates, as some do, get the dealer to recalibrate the TPS voltage with the diagnostic tool. This is the correct way of dealing with this.
    Moving the TPS is a bad idea, it might have worked on older non KTM engines but no good here.

On a decorked 501 the EU map with the holes in the airbox has plenty of grunt! The handlebar switch dials it up a notch and if that is not enough for you get a powercommander!
    I don't need anymore than what it already has, but I'm there's heaps of faster riders than me!
  20. Roger Henry Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13txc310
    What difference did the Euro map make ?