1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    FE = 4st Enduro & FC = 4st Cross

FE/FC Let's see pictures of your new FE501

Discussion in '4st' started by reveille, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Wadzy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE501
    Ya I like the smaller tank bags. I like to be able to stand up on the pegs and lean into the bag without being obstructed when I"m riding aggressively. Both the wolfman and the Enduristan Sandstorm 4H tankbag are good for that.
  2. Wadzy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE501
  3. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    +1 on the wolfman enduro tank bag. I've been using one on my 501 for 3 years.
  4. Wadzy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE501
  5. Wadzy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE501
    Thanks, yes that is my 2015. I'm big on utility, particularly since 8 days in Baja commands reliability and ease of repair in the field. I used a of the mods I did on my 690, nothing too exotic and done by many I'm sure.
    Cycra Pro hand guards
    ODI Imig loc-on grips
    GPR under bar damper (a little over 1" rise)
    Baja Designs XL Pro LED headlight with dimmer switch-4700 lumens. Seems we always get caught out at night so lighting is important and tacos taste better at night
    Motion Pro disc guard front and rear
    Acerbis fork tube guards - snap together in the back, cleaning the dust seals is much easier
    Motion Pro dirt style mirror on left; Ram ball on front brake perch accepts Double Take mirror for road sections
    Acerbis 4.1 gal tank - kept the stock with fuel pump and left radiator guards on. One bolt and the Acerbis is off, add the two lower bolts, oem is on - 10 minutes or less. Insulated the underside of the tank with aluminum/fiberglass tape, a lot cheaper at your local hot rod shop.
    14 tooth Renthal counter with Dirt Tricks washer. 50 tooth rear, will swap oem for MSR steel unit aka Iron Man. MP case guard.
    TMD plastic skid/Obie plastic link glide plate
    CJ Designs peg extensions
    Race Tech bladder kit for rear damper/ removed closed fork valving up front. We were able to get 34mm static and 105 race sag with full gear, another round of preload should compensate for fully packed Baja trips, so the stock springs will work for me. MP micro bleeders.
    Polisport or Acerbis, cant remember which, swing arm "scratch"protector. I used stainless steel zip ties and lined the inside.
    Giant Loop Mojave and Rouge top bag. I put a Wolfman tank bag on but I probably wont use it. I should be able to carry all I need and I like the extra room up front. Waiting on set of side covers, I use a few reinforced D ring quick fasteners to keep the bags tight to the side of the bike.
    Adding an LED bar on the license plate for added visibility. I wire the brake and tail together
    Opened the oem rear cap. Waiting for new Husky dealer to get all the software to install the Euro map
    Using a Garmin Montana in a TourTech mount on a short ram arm powered off the battery with a lighted switch to remind me to kill the power if I'm parking the bike. Carry a super light/compact Arteck rescue batter just in case
    Seat Concepts 8" comfort seat
    Amsoil 10/50 with a stainless filter

Thinking the bike will do well in Baja. I ride pretty much the same terrain at home, just one day at a time. I'd use my 525 with Kibble White stainless valves but the EFI gas mileage is a game changer. Riding my usual brisk pace on a 50 mile loop I try to do a few times a week, the 501 averaged 42+ mpg. I should have a 160-180 range, great for Baja. I squeezed 100 miles out of the stock tank, had to lay it down once to drain everything to the left side. Great for my loop, no bueno for Baja. Happy Thanksgiving all, heading south for Turkey enchiladas tomorrow.[/quote]

How are you liking your XL Pro LED headlight with dimmer switch-4700 lumens. I have looking to see if anyone has done a video of install. Few quick questions. How difficult was the install? Did u require to purchase different front plastics or fairing or does it fit into the stock? Was the upgrade a worth while one. I'd like to install a Baja Designs XL Pro on my 2017 FE 501, trying to decide if this is something I should be considering?

Beautiful ride man!
  6. ztrab Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 501 FE
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, BMW, Suzuki
    How are you liking your XL Pro LED headlight with dimmer switch-4700 lumens. I have looking to see if anyone has done a video of install. Few quick questions. How difficult was the install? Did u require to purchase different front plastics or fairing or does it fit into the stock? Was the upgrade a worth while one. I'd like to install a Baja Designs XL Pro on my 2017 FE 501, trying to decide if this is something I should be considering?

Beautiful ride man![/quote]

The install is very simple. A matching plug to your oem headlight is supplied, you just slide the pins into the proper slots; the dimmer switch is grounded and the other pin inserts into the plug - the entire mask can be unplugged just like your oem unit. The headlight assembly replaces your stock headlight in the mask. I spent 15-20 min putting it together. The dimmer switch is a must as the full beam is 4700 lumenn, too bright for oncoming traffic. I did not use the extension brackets provided as the assembly seems good with the oem mount but I haven't check my alignment yet at night. I will let you know as soon as I do. Solid product with lifetime warranty. You will have to check with BD to make sure they have a unit for the 2017 mask.
  7. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    OK, here's a few pictures of my bike right before I went out for a ride today.

Members were recently asking on the Forum what a set of Blue plastics looked like on the Austrian Husky's ? Well these aren't the Blue ones but how about a set of Black plastics.

I installed a set of Blackbird Factory Enduro graphics I had put away and I combined the complete set on these black plastics with a pair of ZipTy Racings front radiator shroud graphics.

I figured I would take off the big 4.1 desert tank for a change that I've been running since last spring to re-install the stock tank and these plastics I had put away.

I think it looks pretty good. What do you guys think?

Anybody got the blue plastics yet that are available. I have a pair of Factory blue side number plate/airbox panels but haven't sprung for the Blue fenders or Blue radiator shrouds since I had these stashed. I'm still not sure if the '15 style front fender is available in Blue. I not sure if it is or not?

The left over Enduro side shrouds graphics I installed on a extra set of White/Black shrouds I had and put them away for thrashing through the desert with the old plastics.

SAM_1564.JPG SAM_1565.JPG SAM_1562.JPG SAM_1563.JPG
    LandofMotards likes this.
  8. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    BT, you're bike looks cool as hell! Fun spotting all the parts too
    Big Timmy likes this.
  9. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks LandofMotards,

I was editing the post and hadn't even been able to type a few lines to go with the pictures and I already got a response from you.

I think it looks pretty cool too.

What good are spare parts if they are just sitting in a box?
  10. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I went wondering through slavens right before christmas. Had to leave so I could get my kids presents too lol. Pretty sure I'm going with black plastics now. The blue seem unobtainable. Even had bmp check. So the little thats out there is it and i couldn't source a complete kit. Adding the swingarm slider to the list now too
    Big Timmy likes this.
  11. Wadzy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE501

BT looks like you opted for the Megabomb over the Powerbomb FMF eh? Have you tried both in the past or are you more in the torque etc.
  12. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    That's what was available Wadzy, I don't believe the earlier style powerbomb head pipe is available. I've never seen one myself.

Done right, a "Helmholtz Resonator" is just that. It would basically do the same thing either way and it could be physically welded to the engines head pipe in several physical shapes and sizes. All of which would result in about the same outcome and give the same benefit.

I'm my opinion, the best thing about the design of the FMF head pipe is that it is made of 2 pieces rather than being 1 like the stock head pipe is. So the mid section can be removed after the muffler is taken off and the rear shock is a little easier to get off for service. Without having to break the seal at the head flange.
  13. endurists Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husaberg FE501 2013, KTM Adv LC4
  14. Wadzy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE501
    FE501 Supermoto and Adventure Enduristan set up. Hope you enjoy, let me know if you have any questions. On the channel is the fastest way to hear a reply.

View: https://youtu.be/E-OSUxmXDVg
  15. Wadzy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE501
    THumb4.jpg

Just returned from a roadtrip testing the Enduristan Adventure Soft luggage, over 100 litres of storage and worked out really well.
  16. Aviator Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 501 S
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 BMW K1200S, 2014 BMW R1200GSAw
    Nice pic Wadzy.
    So how much weight can the poly subframe hold. I have a reckless 80 from Mosko Moto, plus other gear for camping, but have not yet tried it all on the Husky.
    Anyone have any intel on this?
  17. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Here are a few photos of my 14 from last summer.. Still really enjoy being on this moto.

IMG_1842.JPG IMG_1882.JPG IMG_1869.JPG IMG_0826.JPG
  18. markwoodlief Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 FE 501s
    Other Motorcycles:
    GasGas XC300
    New grocery getter. :) Let the changes commence.. like shit can these tkc's.. Had them on my 990.. not a good tire for a dirt bike though

[IMG]
    NH-JP likes this.
  19. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Okay...I'll play along now that I have had some time to get to know the bike.
    [IMG]
  20. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    From today's ride. Somebody actually managed to get some shots of me on the bike...even riding it!
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    aai, jimmyc, reveille and 2 others like this.