1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    FE = 4st Enduro & FC = 4st Cross

FE/FC Let's see pictures of your new FE501

Discussion in '4st' started by reveille, Jun 14, 2014.

1. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    I'll start out a new thread for posting pictures. Here's mine, picked it up today and sold my 2012 TE310 today. I'm over whelmed right now and trying to take it all in and process it. Guess my riding gear isn't going to match;)
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. bent70 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 te310r
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 cr250
    Nice, are you going to toss a rekluse in this one?
  3. ptkatoomer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2020 ktm 300 xc-w, 2020 ktm 500exc
    Quite a step up from the 310! After you get some time on it, I'd like to hear an honest comparison between the two for the type of riding that you do........
  4. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Thanks! I don't think so. At least not until I ride it in tight stuff a while. It doesn't need it, it's a freakin tractor man!
    wannab and LandofMotards like this.
  5. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Have a tall seat coming from Keytime motorsports, he actually had one on the shelf just waiting for me! My initial impressions are, the handling is similar to the 310 but the suspension is soft for my weight. Need to set sag first. I have the bike torn apart right now. Husaberg labels all over this thing...LOL
    LandofMotards likes this.
  6. vntgmx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Congrats and enjoy the beast!
    Picking mine up the end of this week so I'll be keeping an eye out for your impressions.
  7. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    The only question I have right now is what kind of oil do I use Tinken? Haha, no really, you think 0w40 Mobile 1 is too light for a 510? What is Ty running? Manual says 10w60. It looks like road tar in there now...
    Jim Hamilla likes this.
  8. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    FE501 and Mathius Bellino win EWC Swedish GP, Day 2, E3 Class....

[IMG]
  9. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Rode mine for a hour or so today. Wow, lot's of grunt. Dealer had tons of play in the throttle tube so it made it really hard when upshifting. After riding I pulled the tank and adjusted the play the way I like it(read the right way) and that helped smooth out the throttle. I moved the bars to the front hole, tightened the steering head a bit(steering was stupid light), set my sag and reset the clickers. Liking the setup so far but I can't wait to get a taller seat on this thing. I'm needing my Pivot pegz back too. Dealer had the rear brake set about 12mm above the peg level so I dropped it down about even but I will need to readjust once the Pivot Pegz show up. Pretty much a sub mount and the seat/pegs and I'll ride the crap out of it and see what else jumps out at me. A dampener is on the horizon because in a flash you're doing 60+, this thing is fast.
    I can say this, I know I was resistant to the KTM take over and made some childish/negative comments early on, mainly regarding the price, but after wrenching on this bike for the past 3 hours I can honestly say that this bike is by far better engineered than my 310 was. Everything is easy to access and adjust with minimal frustration and the manual covers most items clearly. It took me 3 minutes or so to remove the tank, my 310 even after getting good at it took me 30 minutes of fiddling and puckering trying not to break something. This bike is just a step up in engineering and performance. It pains me to say that but it really is true. The 310 was and is an awesome bike so I'm definitely not dissing it but this thing is at another level. I'll be eating crow now;)
    loony888 and Norman Foley like this.
  10. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    This bike is on my short list as a replacement for my wr300. Main reason I went to two stroke from my ktm 525 was I got sick of adjusting or worrying about valves. Just easier to mix gas. My dealer told me an interesting fact. He got a bunch of valves for the husabergs(which I assume these bikes essentially are) and he's never had to replace any of them. The new generation of four strokes are supposedly indestructible for the average joe like me. Easy and or low maintenance will turn me back to a thumper rider for sure if all this is true. I am all about ease of maintenance as my free time is limited as is.
  11. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    Dude...I was
    Dude! I bought red hoses and a Rekluse so I could be like you. @#%$@%%!!!
  12. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    You got some catching up to do then ;)
  13. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310

I can't afford you. How do you unfriend on Cafe Husky?
    LandofMotards and GusG like this.
  14. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    My wife says the same thing.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  15. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Awesome bike! I think you're the first cafe husky regular with a new 4stroke :).
  16. vntgmx Husqvarna
    AA Class

FYI for anyone looking for a dual sport set up on the FE501. Had my dealer order the Sicass racing dual sport kit for the '14 Husqvarna FE models and add it on. I stopped by the shop today and it is absolutely the tits! He said it was truly plug & play,like they stated and it blends in perfectly with the lines of the bike and is as minimalistic as you could want. You get blinkers,horn,license plate bracket & brake light switch & switch gear. You are still able to retain the original light shut off that the FEs come with as well so when you're in the woods doing single track you can kill the lighting. Front blinkers mount to the fender brace as if they were part of a factory kit and it comes with flush mount rear style blinkers that are tucked in and not going to get melted by the muffler. It's really a great set up and I'll post some pics later this week when I pick up the bike.
    Norman Foley likes this.
  17. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Nice. I installed the rear brake light actuator from Sicass and the plastic plate holder. That's all I needed to be street legal in this state. No turn signals required which is perfect for me since they wouldn't last long anyways. The brake actuator installs on the top of the rear brake master cylinder and replaces the banjo bolt. 5 minute install and it's a direct plug in under the seat. $35 and she's street legal. Awesome. Enjoy the bike.
    Motosportz likes this.
  18. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I'm going to honestly admit.... You were about the last CH guy, I expected to buy a white Husky. I spent a lot of years having negative feelings about KTM, but my '12 Husaberg TE250 changed that. Perfect? No, but a really good bike. Huskys will just keep getting better. I'll have a Husky TE250 at some point, because I prefer linkage to PDS. Enjoy that bike and keep the reports coming!
    reveille and Motosportz like this.
  19. vntgmx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah I hear ya. All the negative vibes because of the KTM lineage are just sour grapes as the new platforms if you look at them with an open mind are a step forward and will no doubt add stability to the marque for the next few years! No doubt the price reality will still sway some away but at the end of the day unfortunately the prices reflect the current true market values whether we agree with the pricing or not.
    Buy one and ride it and work on it and I'm sure any negative feelings will quickly evaporate for most folks!
  20. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    Please fill me in. Is this husqvarna 501 the 501 berg engine?

I'm interested in a dual sport but I want to feel something when I wick it. How much horsepower is it?