LED front light!

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Mike Kay, Jul 8, 2009.

1. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Any news yet an availability and cost. This lED looks like the ducks guts and I would love one. The stockies really date the rest of the bike and the performance is awful.
  2. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

It will work with the bike off if you have a 12 volt DC source. As in hooked directly to bat.
    Some models have DC source at the stock hd lite when the bike is running. Others have a 12v AC when running.
    Simplest way to figure it out is to put a meter on power leads to the hd lite with bike running check on the meter for AC/DC. Must have DC.
    Could pull power from the parking lite it has DC because when turn the key on it lites up with motor not running.
    JUst haven't had time to go thru all the models and test them as to which ones are AC running or DC running to the hd lite.
    If the bike has a bat it has DC somewhere. Later George
  3. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    Get ahold of Up-tite. Price is around 240.00 plus shipping and tax. USA :thumbsup:
  4. columbia510 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sweeet! Have the light all hooked up,switch for on/off w/out scooter running too. Will test out this weekend up in high deserts. The test in the backyard lastnight at midnight thru the trees was like a scene out of Close Encounters with how the light was reflecting off the oak trees.NICE. My eco-friendly neighbors will hate me even more now:D
  5. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

LED consumes less power, so you can now power a huge boom box playing metallica to warn the deer, and mice and owls that you are coming. What's not to like about that?
  6. zeddy Husqvarna
    AA Class

I dont want to stir the pot, but I have one of these lights on my truck, except a 20" bar!
    On the 20 the outside 4" are floods and the inner led are spots.
    They dont build them this way on the 4" but if enough people were interested maybe they could make the two top outside led's floods? this might help?

[IMG]
  7. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The 4" are 2 cubes of 4 bulbs, can't change the individual bulbs or reflector within the cubes. It's a compromise by doing it that way wouldn't get the light spread or width, then the spot would be a pencil like a lazer beam. Reason for having the 6" spot added on top of the 4".
    On your truck you have the room and weight doesn't matter. Good thought tho just didn't work that well as have tried it along with several different configurations. Later George
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    didn't Ajax run a similar unit at a race? 6" version?
  9. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Can't remember, but i think so. Later George
  10. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    George, Whats the setup on a 2008 TXC250? TXCs have the connections I believe for the front headlight to just 'plug in' but have no switch on the handlebars for any lights (on\off bright\dim). What is needed for the on - off switch?
  11. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Just find 12v DC current source. If you don't just run a (+ white colored +) hot wire from bat to 2 position (on-off) toggle switch, can mount toggle on head lite housing Then from toggle to ( + white +) on light plug in.(- Black-) is neg - can ground - to frame ( coil mount).
    Once I get the brackets for the 6" HI beam will use 3 position 3 pole switch (on low)-off-on hi).
    Can also use 3 position 6 pole switch so can be wired (on-low)-off-(on hi&lo). Very simple wiring just has to be 12V DC and not get + @- mixed-up. Later George
  12. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

1200 miles with my LED from Uptite and its worked perfectly, about 400 off road.

I commute on my 610, and leave 4:00 every AM. So plenty of time in the dark.

Ive had no problem seeing in fog, on the freeway, on the 8 miles of twisty canyon thats part of my commute.

Bees knees. Ducks guts. I payed full retail, just sayin' :thumbsup:

I simply love these things, and will be using them as backup lights at the Baja 1000.
  13. Joliet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Where are we at with the street friendly model with a dimmer?
  14. columbia510 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just returned from the maiden night ride with the Up-tite LED. Fast singletrack is no problem. What a joke the stock light was. Did not see any wildlife. This thing ROCKS.
  15. Reddog Husqvarna
    AA Class

How are the LED lights holding up for everyone?
    Also any update on the hi low version of this light?

I have a 610 mask taking up space in my garage, and am thinking this would be a great light for the TXC.
  16. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    I've had mine for about a month. This thing Rocks.:thumbsup:

Super bright in the bush at night and puts out a great beam on the street.

I commute most morning on my 510 to work and leave at 6:30 am. Plenty dark and have yet had anyone flick their high beams at me. Although a High/Low switch would be nice (to be legal). It is not really needed.

IMHO it's worth every penny paid.

:cheers:
  17. columbia510 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I will second that motion. This thing is awesome!
  18. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    No problems with the light at all. Hey, you get a one year on it. I am thinking of doing the outside spots like my SM610 for High-Beam. Just might be the ticket, or none at all since I ride it (TE) less on the street.
  19. PhilM Husqvarna

Just so I am clear on this:

Are these are DC powered LED's?

Is the lighting circuits on a 08 TE-610 Ac or DC?

Thanks
  20. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    It will work on the 08 hooked directly to the existing wires hi/lo. I have it on my TE 08
    Not sure about the current.