LED front light!

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Mike Kay, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

So i had a head on, and took out my cool HID front lights.
    Im looking for a replacement, something light and strong.

I talked to George and he sent me a cool pic of something new.

I just had to share this. Its the wave of the future. LED front lights.
    Draw is only 9 watts. Super light weight. Beefy. Best of all they are plug and play with the stock front Husky lights. Output is a big improvement over stock, although not as bright as HID.

While i love HID and have used them since '03, i do find they are heavy, expensive and dont like to be crashed. Still the choice for night racing, but LED has got to be the next best thing.

Just sharing some new tech stuff with y'all....

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/brrrpr/P1000003-1.jpg

i give up heres the link............
  2. Joliet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Picture? Cost? Availability? Is it a replacement for the bulb or the entire light housing?
  3. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

cant get the pic to stick. gosh darn newfangled computers...still workign on it.
  4. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    Housing/fairing is the same, light is replacement. It will be one cool azz unit when completed.

Mike, I dont mean to steel your thunder but yah, it will be uber cool when available.
  5. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Trying to post a pic. Its done. But its too big a pic for Ch system, trying to shrink jpeg but cant on this weak wifi, keeps timing out. Urggghg.

Will try 2 more times then i go in for a pit stop...
  6. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

What it does is replace the stock Head light Module. Pull your Head light off, pull off (gently) the 3 wires to the bulb out the stock light lens assy. The lens assy now just pops out after removing the adjustment screw.
    It's just a matter of putting the stud bolts thru the holes that the stock one came out of then puttin on washer and nut's. Then 2 wires to plug into stock harness. Depending if you want it on the Hi bean side of the switch or the Lo beam.
    Making in either Spot or Flood.
    Working on a combination of both Spot in the center and floods to the out side. Figuring out how to wire so LO will be Flood only and Hi would be both.
    Taking a week off so should be back next Wed July 16 to finish the assembly and be ready to start shipping soon after. Later George
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I know Ajax was stoked with his setup. How much $$$ is this replacement bulb? What does it compare to? 35 halo? 45 halo? etc. Also wjhat color is the light? I find this really makes a lot of difference. in dust etc. It really is a cool technology were going to see everywhere very shortly.
  8. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

That is the same light i used on my Husky CR 125 it works ok and i did win the Dist 37 Desert night race with it against the open class bikes with there big stators and big lights .George has got the whole set up in the works it will be the hot ticket for any husky that came with
    some type of stock light . The light itself is just about unbreakable
    I will be ordering one for my 510 when George gets back
  9. mxracernumber1 Husqvarna
    A Class

google "irfanview". It's a free picture viewer/editor. Opens like 100 different file types and palys video. It will reduce a picture file from 2.5m to aobut 70k in most cases. I've been using it for 10 years.
  10. LRPct Husqvarna
    AA Class

I KNEW there was a reason I've been waiting to replace the horrible stock light on my 610.. the low beam filament just went out again and I don't wanna even spend the $$ to replace the crappy and kind of expensive bulb..

And George.. taking a week off?? what??... kidding aside, you deserve it buddy. Enjoy the time away and even with $$ being tight here I'll be in line for that Uptite goody as soon as it's available...:thumbsup:
  11. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

George, I'm poor. Why are you trying to take ALL of my money!?
  12. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    :thumbsup:He who puts a down payment first shall be the first owner! :D

Not that I have but just saying. :busted:
  13. RLW Husqvarna
    AA Class

Now this got my attention.......haven't been caught out at night very much lately, but been wanting to upgrade my TE lighting.

Assuming it's like interior/exterior LED lighting I've looked at over the last year for buildings, I would expect a very white light.
    I just hope it's not as expensive as those new LED lights........I doubt there's any power company or tax incentives out there for switching our bikes over to LED.
  14. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I want one!
  15. eldgenb Husqvarna
    B Class

I will buy one as soon as available.
  16. miketv Husqvarna
    A Class

I'm in! checkbook in-hand waiting on the BBT to arrive:thumbsup:
  17. husky123 Husqvarna
    A Class

You got one?!
  18. husky123 Husqvarna
    A Class

Anyone have any more insight on this one? I know it won't be street legal but is it set to work with high/low beam for spot/flood as George mentioned earlier? I did email him on that but haven't heard yet.
  19. rajobigguy Administrator

George is out of the office this week, try calling him next week. It really is better to call then e-mail.
  20. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    He's back and the lights are being produced as we speak. Soon.

He had over 400 emails on his machine when he got back. I sat there for an hour or so talking to him and he was answering the phone most of the time. His mill broke down so the fix for the plastic elbow on the FI bikes gas tank is delayed. Drill press will not quite do what he wants, not fine enough. Has some IMS tanks in that have been produced from a slightly modified mould and should fit better.