LED front light!

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Mike Kay, Jul 8, 2009.

1. NorCal2500HD Husqvarna
    B Class

Can someone with a SLR post up some static beam shots. I did an HID upgrade to my 07 SMR510 and was thinking about switching over. As much as I love the output of the HID, the baja designs headlight shell is UGLY....Ive tried diff shell/lens combos with the HID but the beam is terrible.....Thanks
    [IMG]
  2. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Theres one thing thats kinda cool about the LED light.

EVERYONE thinks im a cop.

Its the LED. They look like something out of Terminator.

I didnt really realize how bling it was till i pulled up behind a shiny tanker truck and saw my reflection.

Its hella cool. Do the young still say 'hella'? :excuseme:
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    No :D
  4. Joliet Husqvarna
    AA Class

How would you know.:lol:
  5. columbia510 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well got my replacement LED in the mail. STILL NO WORKY. Lucky me, I'm on a 3day adventure ride. This is getting really bad for my bloodpressure. MY blue to his black//my white on his white= absolutely NOTHING. Both will be sent back if I cant figure this out.
  6. Joliet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Did you start the bike?
  7. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Yeah, no worky with just key on. Hope that is not the issue....:D
  8. LRPct Husqvarna
    AA Class

are you saying with JUST the key turned to the ON position.. not actually fired up and running??? Because I don't know bout other Huskys.. but my stock 610 headlight low or high beam doesn't work unless the bike is actualy running..
  9. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

It has to be running. Other wise people would leave the light on then run the bat down.. Later George
  10. LRPct Husqvarna
    AA Class

George... any progess on a dimmer switch for this light?? :ride:

Roger
  11. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Not yet , no time. Later George
  12. columbia510 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes bike was running,no light,nothing,nada,not even a flicker. great ride though. Happy trails Eastern Sierras rule.
  13. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    Does the stock light work? Have you checked your fuse lately? This sound real strange to me. Mine even works off the little park light power wire. Sorry you are having such a bish of a time with it.
  14. columbia510 Husqvarna
    AA Class

My stock light works fine. Fuse is good/so is the backup. My 07 dosn't have a key ignition...sshhhhh! Just a steering lock.
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I thought this light would run DC? If so it should run off the battery right? How are you supposed to use the work light feature if your bike is not running? Seems odd.
  16. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    maybe better for fixing some other person's bike, or signaling for the search helicopter or scaring off the mountain lions.
  17. columbia510 Husqvarna
    AA Class

George is a great help. What customer service, he will do his hardest to help a fellow Husky rider out.:thumbsup: Here's the scoop, my 07 510 has AC voltage comming to the stock headlight, and that is why the cool uptite light isn't working, should be a simple fix.
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    More confusion then as i thought this would run AC or DC. if it is DC why does it not run with the bike off like any light?
  19. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Because on some of the early model bikes the head light is AC powered the later ones are DC. LED needs 12v DC won't work on AC.
    Therefore Power must be tested to make sure when running it is 12V DC. If can't find DC power source then just have to run 2 wires from battery to Hd lite and just add a toggle switch. Later George
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    so for clarification it will work with the bike off??? this is a big one for some people running it on the street.