LED front light!

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Mike Kay, Jul 8, 2009.

1. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
  3. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    Well, at least now I'll be able to see her before she tries to take me out. Can't wait to get my seat back so I can test it out on a true night ride. :D
  4. miketv Husqvarna
    A Class

I love the idea too:thumbsup: but I live in the city and it would be very cool to have the light adjustable from "WOW that's bright" to "OMG I'm friggin BLIND" at night. Ala; hi/lo settings? Any chance that can be done? There are many times I sneak out of Gotham to overnight somewhere and the less attention I get the better..
  5. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Just keep the front end down in town, just save the wheelies for the dirt. Working on a dimmer. Later George
  6. columbia510 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Perfect timing, low beam died yesterday.Got tagged by a dear in my driveway! I'm in for sure.
  7. columbia510 Husqvarna
    AA Class

8. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Pocher, season starts in 3 months. On it's way
  9. columbia510 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Recieved my light today, thank you for the quick delivery.

when I connected my blue to UP TITE black and my white to UP TITE white..... I get 3 of the 4 LED corners to light up and no center LED's,did I fubar?
  10. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

no fubar. thats correct.

give George a call.

was hooking mine up this pm as well.

white husky is your lights +, connects to uptite white.
    blue husky is ground. connects to uptite black.

Just for fun i would try going uptite white to husky black, then hit the highbeam. unlikely it will help, but its worth a try.

sorry to read you have an issue.
  11. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    If guys ever need to find George or other people like that click on their name of one of their posts and a pull down menu will pop up - 'home page' will show up if they have filled that in their profile.

Might be easier doing that than searching in google, in case you do not have their phone number handy.
  12. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
  13. husky123 Husqvarna
    A Class

Awesome video. Thanks for taking the time to do that. Oh yeah, DAMN that thing is bright!

I may wait to pull the trigger until George has his dimmer ready.
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Is the beam as narrow as it appears on the vid? My X2 seems much wider beam which is great off road but sucks on the road where I only use the 2 inch (extremely bright by itself) and it is on the verge of being to much for oncoming traffic. With 2 and 4 inch on the oncoming traffic is blinded and pissed. :D
  15. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    It seems pretty wide, when you get further out.

I'll try and do a street ride to give it a little better test and see if oncoming cars are put off by it's light.
  16. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    Are you afraid of the dark? :lol: How about a moving video? If you let me borrow your seat I'll do one. :doh: :D
  17. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just took it out for a ride on the asphalt, and off road.

First impressions:

1) its about as bright as a 100 watt bulb. Ive done many a long night on a 100 watt halogen in baja. Very close.

2) mine is certianly a 'spot' type set up. Really not much perifery. But the spot is strong, so its a trade off. On the pavement this is good, but off road, in tight stuff, for sure it wouldnt hurt to have it wider, its a trade off, obviously.

3) it points too high when the rubber bands are strapped around the fork tubes, so i shimmed it with about 3/8ths of pvc on the top rubber. Points down now, making it very legit for the pavement. Shimmed 1/4" of so would push the spot further out, ideal for dirt. I started to out ride the shimmed light around 60mph. Fine for off road at night.

4) the light quality is very very white. similar to HID.

Conclusion:

Time will tell but it seems super beefy. I like that it keeps a stock look.
    I LOVE the fact it draws only 9 watts. Plenty of juice for my heated grips and plug in heated vest, gps, and maybe some day a 6 watt radio.... I ride to work on my 610, and i leave at 4 am. Its cold even in summer. This light will earn its keep.

For a simple plug and play light upgrade, its trick. Its a little pricey, but then a H4 or H7 9007 bulb is $50 and a stator upgrade is $200 so there ya go. HID is twice all that.

Its not perfect, but its a nice beefy functional upgrade. Its a keeper.
  18. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    http://gallery.me.com/glangston1#100245

Just went around a short block and in the end you see the light against the barn door, about a double wide size door. I agree, it's a spot but still a lot of light.

The streets are so well lit where I am that bicyclists feel safe........until they're blinded by my light.
  19. socaltrailrider Husqvarna
    A Class

I was at George's shop this weekend and couldn't resist picking one up when I saw one sitting there. Hooked it up yesterday. No comparison to the stock light. The stock light looks like a candle in comparison. I also compared it to my Baja Designs HID light. The LED light color is almost identical to the HID. The HID still puts off more light, but given the fact that the LED light only pulls about 10 watts, it's awesome! No stator rewind or regulator needed. I'll be keeping the LED on the bike. Another cool thing is the longer cord so you can use the light while working on the bike if you have to. Very cool upgrade!
  20. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Like i have stated before i run 1 6 inch on my CR 125 We have been racing it at the night races it works great ,we also do not use a helmet light .First race we got a first in the mag expert class and at the second race teamed with my 19 year old son in the regular 125 expert class and finished 10 th overall out of 89 teams where only 35 finished and 3 rd in class .The little light works great and GEORGE is the man by making it fit the Husky So if you want to ride in the dark and have fun get one .Or go slow withthe stock light and hope you do not hit something .Made in the USA