Juha Salimen to ride Husky (sort of...) in 2010

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by rodered, Jan 16, 2010.

1. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Another thought on the Beta, when you live in the middle of bum f**k Montana, where do you buy one and get easy parts?

At least with Husky we have reliable dealers like Bill's and Tasky's that are all just an e-mail away, and online parts at Hall's, all offering very fast return on anything you need. Not to mention Motorsportz for all those cool goodies and great Motoz tires. Plus you have a site like Cafe Husky to put you in contact with all the people that suffer the same addiction and the vendors that support and share it.

It isn't that I drink the Husky kool aid(ok I do), I just think the people and the passion(Mike Kay) are second to none. Now I am just referring to Husky in the NW of USA, but I think this ideal that we call Husqvarna is pervasive throughout the world.

Walt

Mini Rant
  2. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Wally. Buy the TXC250. Thats all I can say.
  3. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Wally get that TXC250 and join us south o the border in March!

word to the Husky Vibe. :thumbsup:
  4. gestion01 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husky, Berg or Beta for me its the same dealer. Unless there is some existing poor parts distribution on Beta's part? They seem to be going in the right direction. New web sites, new engines and cool bikes. I wish they had a more ''XC'' option and the 50mm shivers.
  5. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I'm busy in sled head world, so I've been staying out of this.....

If you've been around long enough, you'll remember the Huskygiva transition bikes. Even the TE610 and TE630 DS bikes are still an old nineties Cagiva Electric start DS bottom end with a Husky top end.

I'd be more worried about how Husky US is treating its dealers than a Hybrid Husky/BMW bike.:busted:
  6. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I don't know of any problem with parts. I have yet to read a post by a Beta owner that is dissatisfied. It just is a bit of a stretch for me to own that kind of bike here. With Husky at least there is a growing and enthusiastic community.

I have on several occasions with friends worked over the possibility of a Husky dealership and in all these scenarios we would combine it with a Gas Gas/Sherco/Beta brand if possible. Glad we didn't pull the trigger now because the timing would have been awful. The local KTM dealer who is one of the larger ones in our state is dropping them because of Ktm force feeding models down his throat when he still has dozens of unsold 09's in his warehouse. :excuseme:

Walt
  7. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Norman,

The sled heads around here are grousing. Worst snow pack in the Bitterroots in quite a few years. El Nino has me worried about dried up irrigation canals late next summer. Good thing I have a license to Brown. :lol:

Walt
  8. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Snow here is not so great, but I'm buying a new sled and switching brands (Ski-Doo to Arctic Cat). I've been busy getting up to speed on the model I want to buy. Troy F here on CH has already bought the same sled, so he's been a great help. Low snow will help me get the best deal on the sled!:cheers:
  9. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Snowtell sites that normally have 7-9 feet in actual snow depth in January are struggling to show 3-4 feet. Lower elevations 5-6000' are lucky to have a foot. Had some golfers that had played every day in January(Knuckle heads).

Walt

PS finally snowed a couple of inches yesterday
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Buddy with a real nice GG300 just rode my 09 WR125 and was amazed how good it was. Said the chassis was perfect and if it had a 200/250 in it he would sell his GG and get it. (he's 300 pounds ready to ride). Even at his weight it pulled him up the hills and his comment was "this sucker lugs forever and just keeps pulling!"

Yep, snow sucks here as well. Buddy who "winterizes" his dirtbikes is mad we are doing all this epic off road while he can't find good snow.
  11. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I'm putting the "Trellies" on the WR125 tomorrow, so I'm ready for anything! :busted:
  12. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
    Amen to that, I too see it as a MUCH more dire situation, but that's for another discussion :censored:
  13. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

Scotty -- Does this mean what I think it does -- no new 2-stroke on the way anytime soon? :confused:
  14. skid Husqvarna
    A Class

ewwwwww :confused::confused:

please do tell, not a real sled head but have a fondness for doo (my french canadian blood) and polaris. Never a big fan of cat. Haven't been following things lately though
  15. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes, yes, I know.... I was never a Cat guy and always looked down on them as a bit of "Hillbilly Sled". Big haired girls in Cat jackets, jokes about your Ski-Doo is safe from thieves with a Cat cover on it, etc. Last two years my two riding buddies have beeen on Cats and I've been impressed. Their new Sno Pro 500 is the near perfect machine for a dirt bike guy who rides sled. Also I've been impressed with Cat as a small company dedicated to racing in all its forms.

Sorry for the hijack!
  16. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
  17. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    Neat pic of Adrien.

Nice guy too. Don't speak much english but he shook my hand, pointed at the "H" on my chest and gave me a thumbs-up and a slap on the shoulder.
  18. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I'm not sure what the unhappy face is for, the bikes are made in Italy.
    The links go to reports of European race results.

Can anyone find dates the results are for?

Are we getting a bit off track from Juha?
  19. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    no big news other than that my EU source says that BMW will turn over the G450X sales to Husky dealers as they are better set/equipped to deal with the offroad segment, than the BMW dealers. But that is EU news and may only be in the his country of origin (Holland), nothing firm.
  20. gestion01 Husqvarna
    A Class

One rumor I heard this week is that the new bike will utilize the concentric setup with a link suspension.