JD Tuner V.S Power Commander V.S. IBEAT? Please Help

Discussion in '610/630' started by 630 driver, Jul 20, 2012.

1. STANIMAL Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMS630
    Other Motorcycles:
    WXE260
    What settings are you guys running with the JD tuner ?
  2. steve630sm Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    sms 630 2011
    i'm running 3 - 4 - 6/7 - 3 - 2/3- 4 with -fmf q4
    -open air box

everything works great for me
  3. STANIMAL Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMS630
    Other Motorcycles:
    WXE260
    Thank , I will try these .
  4. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
  5. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    I do know the stock mid pipe on the 630's is the restriction in the power equasion. It needs to go!

I have iBeat and experimented with it the whole way. I have had my TE 630 p/u since a couple days of new. Only noticed the surging gone. I put on a 14t cs sprocket, that helped of course. I then opened up the air box lid, (labryinth out at the dealer) idk if I noticed any difference. I then cut open my cans and cut out the catalizers and it ran stronger and sounded better but still was a pooch. I then put on some sweet WINGS twin cans. It ran much better with more pull and the top end power was nice. The twin pipes were just to darn pretty for my off road riding and could be damaged going down on either side so I put a FMF Powercore 4. OH SNAP! That was the ticket! It will break the back end loose on the pavement. It will power wheelie in the lower gears and flat out hauls ass! There is NO comparison to the bike with twin pipes and the pos restrictive mid pipe. Just look at the id on the outlets of the mid pipe, it is terrible.

From my experience, the single best power improvement on the 630's is a single exhaust. I see the FMF has a bigger mid pipe and out let diameter then the Leo Ti. I think for the $, the FMF is probably the better choice.
  6. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    I thought my 630 was a pig when I brought it home. Put the resistor in it and that helped a little. Then I pulled the baffle out of the airbox, even better.

Then I put a full Leo Vince on it along with a PC-V and auto tune. I keep working on the map and this thing has turned into a beast. The throttle response is so instantaneous that it really makes tight single track very challenging the slightest bobble of the wrist causes a problem. I need to make a second map to tame it down for the woods.

Just for comparison I also ride a WR 300 with all the usual mods and a Honda 919 so I have 3 blazing wheelie machines. Just seat of the pants tells me that the 630 is faster than the 2T 300 and would probably take the 919 in the first couple gears. Properly tuned these are not slow unresponsive bikes or maybe I just have a really good one.
  7. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    That has been my experience as well...
  8. MOTOXNUT Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC510 & 2012 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuki DR650
    Damm,just tried to bid on that but the seller wont do international shipping.
  9. Gav Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    GSXR 600 SRAD:Sold ZXR 400 H2:Sold
    I'm waiting for my JD to turn up. Should be making its way across the pond by now.
    Can't wait to get it on the bike and see how well it performs.
  10. steve630sm Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    sms 630 2011
    my next step is the te ecu, is it really make a big difference rdtcu. Should i search for arrow ecu before than a te ecu.
  11. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    The Arrow might be a bit better, but you won't find one for sale by itself. You're more likely to find a TE ecu from someone who bought the full Arrow kit.
  12. BaronVonDarrin Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 te630
    Other Motorcycles:
    wr250r, CL175
  13. Gav Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    GSXR 600 SRAD:Sold ZXR 400 H2:Sold
    Put my JD Kit on the 610 this morning and it makes a fair bit of difference.
    Worth the money and effort getting one imported to the UK.

What settings are people running ? Mines currently at the recommended values from JD.
    I've got Leo Vince pipe and Power up kit fitted.

Is there any way to get more top end? I find 5th gear pulls pretty well but as soon as it goes into 6th the bike just wants to sit at the current speed or creeps up pretty slowly.
  14. STANIMAL Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMS630
    Other Motorcycles:
    WXE260
    Maybe consider re-gearing the rear sprocket to pull a few more RPM's in sixth .
  15. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
  16. 4l0 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMS 630
    You guys on this post who have fitted a PC-V with a autotuner add on have you had the bike dyno,ed.I have Arrow husky pipes with ecu,p/u on my SMS 630.Going to fit a EHS Filter over winter,but dont know whether to opt for JD Tuner or PC-V with autotune.I am miles away from a dyno so want simpliest best option with power gain.Then some sticky tyres:D
  17. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Simple=JD Jetting. It doesn't really get any simpler than that.
    rjdenya and 4l0 like this.
  18. 630 driver Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    sms 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    honda, suzuki, yamaha
    I have a PC-V , I did not go with the auto tune due to talking with many people who had no adjustments to make to the stock tune after putting their bike on a Dyno. I however could not get my bike to stay running with the PC-V stock tune. I also tried the Leo Vince tune and have had little luck with it. I have had a lot of stalling and cutting out with mild power. It felt stronger prior to installing it. I have contacted Powercommander and they are having me double check everything. One of the biggest problems I have with the auto tune feature is that when you put your bike on a Dyno and then put a fan in front of it which should simulate riding down the road, the wideband O2 readings go all wacky. I feel like one good tune should be enough. I am dis appointed that PC did not do more research. One of the tunes is for a TE and the other is for a European spec SMS. What about those of us in America? My SMS came stock with the PU kit and no octopus emissions can. I have heard that a TE ECU is the way to go, then adding a JD tuner makes for dramatic HP increase. I would ( IMHO ) recommend getting the JD tuner and not risking $500.00 in the PC and auto tune just to have the bike still need tweaking. I know you will need to adjust the JD without a Dyno but you can make a ride down the street and stop to adjust, not needing a lap top would be ideal for your situation. Good Luck, Steve
    4l0 likes this.
  19. 4l0 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMS 630
    Thanks guys JD Tuner it is over winter months,with a EHS Filter kit and some Cont Attack tyres or some road Maxxis Goldspeed pre- cut slicks:D
  20. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    If anyone would like to try my map, I'll be glad to send it to you. The bike runs great
    2011 TE 630
    PC - 5
    Auto tune
    Leo Vince
    All the other usual mods