EHS pre filter and a JD tuner make a great combo

Discussion in '610/630' started by 1lunger, Jul 14, 2012.

1. 1lunger Husqvarna
    AA Class

I installed the JD tuner a few weeks ago. It was a huge improvement on the 09 TE 610! Today I added a pre filter from EHS racing. I placed the filter over the 3.5x3.5 hole I cut in the air box cover right over the in-take and took it for a spin. It really helps it breath! Even in the driveway when I rev it a bit I can feel it pull a lot of air through my finger when I hold my hand over it. The tuner and an open air box really let's the 610 be what it want to be, a beast! [IMG]
    southy likes this.
  2. southy Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuki RMX250
    This is what I will be doing to my TE610 with my tax return. Along with a Seat Concepts seat which by the look you already have.
  3. 1lunger Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes Sir, the seat is a great addition! I find it funny that I couldn't find any info on the JD tuner and the 08-09 TE 610 and having installed it, feeling the power increase I'm very surprised others hadn't done the same and posted about it. Well I am and I can't say enough good about it! The pre filter really complements it too!
  4. bensl Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te610, te310
    Other Motorcycles:
    ducati diavel
    damn, something else to buy!
    1lunger likes this.
  5. DIRTBIKE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 CR 250, 98 WR 250 2T, 2011 LE140
    Where did you buy the pre filter 1lunger?, and that is the 4.5x4.5 inch size is it not?
  6. bensl Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te610, te310
    Other Motorcycles:
    ducati diavel
  7. 1lunger Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes, just call them and they will ship out that day. He said he's having trouble with the web site. 4.5"x4.5" is the one
  8. DIRTBIKE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 CR 250, 98 WR 250 2T, 2011 LE140
    Looked on their website a few days ago and its an extra $30 to ship to Australia. Going to look for one else where to see if i can get one shipped over for a better price along with some other parts i need.
  9. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

10. 1lunger Husqvarna
    AA Class

I've read that thread on the 630 mods and thanks for linking it Fast1. The reason I started this thread was to bring attention to how much better we can make the 610 FI bikes. I feel like the two years of FI 610 was over looked as far as proformance mods go. The carb'd bikes are a different breed and only having 2 years of FI 610s they don't have a lot of info that I've found. I think the fact that they run pretty good w/ just the pipe and PU, most never looked any farther. The 630 guys had to do more, hence all the known proformance mods. I love these bikes and want share as much of my experience/mods as I can. Next I'll be researching big bor kits. I expect many many more trouble-free miles before one is needed, but I'm interested! I saw a guy post about 70+ HP to the crank with one;) I like the sound of that!
  11. BiG DoM Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think the JD tuners on the 610's are quite well documented and I have been running one pretty much since I got my '09 bike and posted on the considerable improvement I experienced. Decat exhaust, PU, JD and free breathing and thebike is transformed.
  12. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I have both a stock airbox cover and one with the EHS filter installed (on a 630).

With the airbox opened up, I can power wheelie easier (front sprocket is -1). I can also put my hand over the EHS filter and really feel the bike pulling air in.

I currently have the stock airbox cover in place. I was in the garage today and fired up my bike. I put my hand over the snorkel intake and revved it a little. I could barely feel the air being pulled in. So, there's no doubt the bike gets a lot more air with a big hole in the airbox.
  13. 1lunger Husqvarna
    AA Class

Dom, you're one of the only guys that I have seen post/talk about it. Every 630 thread has some info on them. I didn't say no one has posted, just very little talk when it comes to the 610
  14. bensl Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te610, te310
    Other Motorcycles:
    ducati diavel
    let me know how you go. shipping to oz can be a killer.
  15. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
  16. bensl Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te610, te310
    Other Motorcycles:
    ducati diavel
    i hadnt read anything on the 610's and the jdtuner until lunger started posting his thoughts. his enthusiasm :banana: resulted in a tuner turning up in my letterbox! i have installed it but didnt get a chance to ride this weekend unfortunately.:( cant wait to give it a run.
  17. BiG DoM Husqvarna
    AA Class

OK, OK - lets just enjoy the tweaks and farkles that make these scoots really faarkoff :D
  18. bensl Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te610, te310
    Other Motorcycles:
    ducati diavel
    indeed!

i would love to know what jdtuner settings people are using and are happy with. please share!
  19. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You could just get the filter membrane, and it would fit into a letter envelope. The frame is just made of aluminium and is almost a DIY item.
  20. southy Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuki RMX250
    My JD tuner is in the mail and should be on my doorstep tomorrow. :)