630 Airbox - Wake-up Call

Discussion in '610/630' started by Fast1, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

If you want more air to mate with the improved exhaust flow the EHS Racing outwear positioned right over the inlet to the throttle body can improve engine performance and with the waterproof and dust elimination capabilities you don't sacrifice engine longevity. In fact, more of the air filter now has use than just the portion under the stock snorkel that shows dirt when you clean your air filter.You will need to bump up your fuel settings on the JD tuner to compensate. Positioned correctly as shown you do not sacrifice any of the air box cover pressure points for the air filter either. Dustin's (friend) pictured after a well thought out solution to more air and a dramatic improvement in performance well still maintaining adequate levels of minimizing any water intrusion on his TE. Performance enhancement was dramatically better after installation and tuning.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

EHS Racing

Single Plate Style 2207: Comes with one aluminum plate (and the rest of kit) its meant for applications where the mounting location is removable. So you can get to mounting hardware on the back for filter replacement. For example a removable air box cover

here is the link

http://www.ehsracing.com/products/universal_airbox_EHS.htm

I've used these for other racing applications and they do hold water out. The pre-filter material is available for replacement also.

jtemple likes this.
  2. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    Nice, might have to look into something like that... Except maybe swap the screws to some button heads or countersinks...
    I've got my airbox opened up pretty significantly already though...
  3. D675 Husqvarna

which size did you put on?
  4. deepcdiver Husqvarna
    AA Class

would love to see dyno charts before and after.
  5. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

click the link provided for the exact size and part
  6. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I wonder if this thing, a full exhaust system and a dose of JD Jetting would make the 630 a wild beast...
  7. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

It certainly isn't a tame trail pony. My friend that installed the EHS lid with a FMF slip on and JD tuner turned his into a grin inducing stallion. I've yet to get the EHS lid mated with my Leo full TI and JD tuner. Soon..

We have been using each others bike as bench marks to identify improvements made with mods during drag races so we don't have any dyno results.
  8. D675 Husqvarna

Sorry, found that out after I posted it and forgot to edit the question. thanks.
  9. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Well, I have the full exhaust system, my own iBeat, and I'm ordering up the JD Jetting kit. The only thing left would be to open up the airbox. If nothing else, I like the way it would make better use of that giant air filter.

What's maintenance like on that Outwears thing?
  10. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

basically nothing... you may require material replacement after a year or two to retain the water repellency
  11. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    So just hosing it off on the outside for the bike's annual washing (:D) is fine?
  12. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Many thanx, Fast 1 for the advice and the link! Have got the twin Arrows and the p/u kit on my 630 together with the JD Jetting, but have not played around with the settings as I didn´t want to open up the airbox (I use the bike in all weathers and in winter and didn´t want the airbox filling with water, snow and slush). So have now ordered the box cover. Hope it works.

Patrick
  13. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

14. StangSlayer Husqvarna
    B Class

Great now everyone knows my secrets ;)

ok guys i know this might be a hard thing to grasp but its pretty simple..

More Air Out (Exhaust) More air in (More air volume to the throttle body) and Add required fuel...

=s MORE POWER yeah it took me just about 15 years to figure these things out :rolleyes:

no but really,i think after these few and simple modifications we can all stop chasing our tails on how retarded the factory power of the 630s are and start enjoying the "Factory claimed power improvement of 20% or so over the 610)...

Don't get me wrong, not to say most people have already figured this stuff out. but reading the same post over and over and over about what a pig the 630 is gets pretty old.

The 630 Preforms as the factory claims...As long as u spend $1500 over the msrp to make it to preform that way :thumbsup:
  15. ContraHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

I've got mufflers, PU kit, JD tuner and have modded the airbox...and I'm still $1500 under MSRP. :p

The bike rips, BTW. Did my first wheelie ever today, just by whacking the throttle in second. Didn't try to...it just came up!
  16. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I must suck at wheelies. I have the full Leo Vince system, PU kit, and iBeat tune. "Just whacking the throttle in second" will make the front end light, but sure doesn't lift it. I can do it in first, but that's about it.

I can't clutch it up in any gear, either. But, I'm a wheelie newbie, so that's to be expected.

My JD Jetting kit is on the way. I'm still not sure about cutting holes in my airbox just yet.
  17. LRPct Husqvarna
    AA Class

You poor guys, my 610 wheelies with a handful of throttle in 4th gear with 14-45 gearing.. ;)
  18. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

so at 60 mph you can crank off a wheelie by grabbing a handful of throttle in 4th? You sure you aren't dreaming about riding my TE510?
  19. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hey you have less than $650 in yours not $1500 to make it perform... $375 FMF slip on, $210 JD Tuner and $55 for the EHS lid.

Even with my expensive Leo Vince single ti, JD tuner and EHS lid I'll still have less than $1150 into it.
  20. rjdenya Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    05' Honda CR250R
    Yes It will!! More exhaust flow, intake air and fuel. The 630 engine comes alive.